China's Emergence As A Global Superpower

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Saint, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Mod reading who can, please delete this post. (graph would not print)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

I think, I posted this somewhere at SF...here it is again....think about it....

View attachment 6648

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

It is like US people helped China....I too was there in 1983 teaching them Industrial Ecosystems....that our people refused...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

China to build High Speed rail, but wants to get mainly paid in rice and rubber. *
    * After US's inept October, it is understandable why China dose not want payment in dollars.

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Finally others now see what I predict in posts more than four years ago! (note the section of text I made red.)
    But China likes, and always does, make changes in incremental steps, to evaluate results. I.e. Only their bonds, not their currency, will initially be "gold backed" and then only for the IMF and central banks, as I predictd 4+ years ago as China wants to pay for imports with printed paper, as US has done for three or more decades.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Why Trade with US is of little import to China:

US Exports to China then ... US Import from China in Billions of dollars value.
    110.4836 ... 425.5789 TOTAL 2012 US trade deficit = 315.0953
    073.0986 ... 280.7780 TOTAL 2013 US trade deficit = 207.6794 for first 8 months.*

Note the first nine months of China's 2013 trade with ASEAN was $322.36B and is growing at 11.6% per year. If last 3 months of China's trade with ASEAN only is at same rate as first nine (not accelerating on the 11.6% annual rate) that 2013 trade would be: 429.813 billion.

Continuing US Chinese trade of first 8 months (073.0986 + 280.7780 = 353.8766) of 2013 at the same rate (neglecting that it is rapidly falling from 2012 level, not increasing by 11.6% as China / ASEAN trade is) for 12 month is: 530.8149 but if one does correct for fact China's exports to US fell from $4425.5789B in 2012 to only $280.7780B in 2013 or dropped to 66% of what they were a year earlier, it is clear that ASEAN buying of Chinese exports is already more important to China than the US buying is and is very rapidly growing.

China is shifting its export focus to those who don't need loans to buy with. China / ASEAN trade is approximately in balance as China imports raw materials and low value added components from ASEAN and sell them high value added items like computers, cars, cell phones, TVs, etc.

*Original data from here: http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html was in millions of dollars but changed to Billions to make comparison to ASEAN easier. (Why four decimal places given here.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

And back on Earth rapid progress too. China already is #1 in natural gas vehicles with more than 10 times what US has. US is in 17th place globally, even Brazil has many times more.

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Moon Touchdown:
    By edit next day: All going very well:
    I had trouble getting the link, so pretended I wanted to Email article to myself. Link given is what Bloomberg told me they would Email to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

"Jade rabbit" now operational on the moon.
    Note tracks in the moon dust of this photo - Jade Rabbit turned around to show its front side!
    Photo credits to: Chang'e -3, the lunar lander and for photo below taken a few minutes earlier:

This is "back side"of Jade rabbit.
    Photo is not as clear as first as is photo of compute screen in Beijing Aerospace Control Center, Beijing China.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

It should be noted that Chang'e 3 is not a case of technological borrowing, it has many technological features never before used in space. For example Chang'e 3 had an autonomous landing system which via imaging or radar (not clear how exactly) could detect if it was going to land on an incline or rocks and navigate its landing on to a spot that was flat and with no rocks. NASA has talked about using such an autonomous landing system with hazardous avoidance for some time but has never implemented, not even for the Curiosity rover that landed last year, which landing only on a hope and prayer that it did not land on a rock.

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I did not know that. Many Americans still have the obsolete image of China as one who can only copy and make cheaper rip-off other other's developments. A view not compatible with modern China which graduates about 7 times more well educated engineers than the US does each year.

China is one of the world's leaders in biology. Bill Gate's foundation working on public health in Africa, buys its vaccines from China. Not because they are cheaper, which they are, but because they are more effective, especially against new pathological agents. China developed the best vaccine against Asian bird flu a few years back in only 5 weeks, not the year doing that typically takes in the US.

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

In both US and soon China people are retiring later. In US as many can not afford to retire - the "work til die" group and try to keep your job. In China, with earlier by law requirements required, the CCP needs more workers to cope with serious labor shortages and the associated double digit annual increase in salaries.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  17. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Still in doubt as to whom the future belongs? Hint: not US at the bottom of this list.
    According to 2012 Program for International Student Assessment, of OECD countries Overall ranking from the top in math scores are:
    1.Shanghai (China)
    2. Singapore
    3.HongKong
    4. Taiwan
    5. South Korea
    12.Finland
    26. UK
    36. USA
    Nice to know that so much of the US Treasury's bonds are in such intelligent Asian hands and how rapidly US gold is moving to Asia.

BTW, CNN, at least the internationalal edition I watch in Brazil, had a program on Shanghai's educational system - basically noting it was the best, not only in China, but in the world. It quoted one young student, speaking in English saying: "I know that if I work hard, my teacher will help me learn more."

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I think you need to look where all the scientist & engineers are going and living at not where they are made.

19. Nihilism Registered Member

China is a country of cloners; their reproductive strategy is to clone the cultures of non-Chinese and use the cloned artifacts to facilitate their reproductive success. They never evolved the ability to create their own culture.

Nature is filled with examples of species that have evolved very unique reproductive strategies.

20. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I agree and have, Perhaps you should too. Here is a little help to up date you (First quote is only 30 days old, as 5 years ago your ideas were valid):

Captions were: "HI-TECH START-UPS: China is attracting global talent, and has the market to drive development." & "Hi-tech and R & D campuses are sprouting up in India, and attracting top US talent"
    * Few realize how advanced China is in biology, especially vaccine development. They made the world's most effective bird flu vaccine in less than 40 days. A task that in the US would take nearly a year. Bill Gate's large health organization buys it vaccines from China, not because they are cheaper, which they are, but because they are better, and available months sooner to fight new strains of pathogens.

The rapidly growing trend is for Chinese to come to the best US universities (They are highly qualified applicants as hve graduted form some of the best high schools in the world, and make up a disproportionate part of the US university student body) and then return to live and work in China. Many will get new labs and a million yuan! - part bonus and part to buy what ever equipment they want. I.e. once they get their Ph. D. from best universities, they cut the stings tying them to the US:

If above is not enough, see:

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I agree and have, Perhaps you should too. Here is a little help to up date you (First quote is only 30 days old, others less than a year as 5 years ago your ideas were valid):

Captions were: "HI-TECH START-UPS: China is attracting global talent, and has the market to drive development." &
    "Hi-tech and R & D campuses are sprouting up in India, and attracting top US talent"
    * Few realize how advanced China is in biology, especially vaccine development. They made the world's most effective bird flu vaccine in less than 40 days. A task that in the US would take nearly a year. Bill Gate's large health organization buys it vaccines from China, not because they are cheaper, which they are, but because they are better, and available months sooner to fight new strains of pathogens.

The rapidly growing trend is for Chinese to come to the best US universities (They are highly qualified applicants. As these children of the elite have graduated from some of the best high schools in the world, and make up a disproportionate part of the US university student body) and then return to live and work in China. Many will get new labs and a million yuan! - part bonus and part to buy what ever equipment they want. I.e. once they get their Ph. D. from best universities, they cut the stings tying them to the US:

I can't post this clever illustration, showing graduates with diplomas as kites, cutting their strings to US.> To see it, go tohttp://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2013-10/30/content_17067821.htm

If above is not enough, Google "brain circulation" (that will keep your search from being flooded with now false ideas about the "brain drain.") Or see:
    I.e. The "brain drain" has become the "Brain Circulation." When US no longer makes high tech items, the engineers (and now the designers) migrate to where they are made but often spend a few years at some of the very best US universities, before going home.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  22. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

China's major step forward to the "Chinese Dream."

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member