Christianity will be extinct one day

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Saint, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Because it is a false religion.
    Jesus was dead forever.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

As long there is God He will keep us .

What do you have against us ? Your God is the same a our God because there is no other god, but the Creator. What happen is that your priest and my priest are making a living of us, the followers of Gods commandments

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You are on your way to atheism! What happened to you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fork Banned Banned

Yeh I know. Tell me about a bad choice. Just because you cannot see God doesn't mean he's non-existent. Sight is not a requirement for knowledge of God. There is also transcendental intuition possessed by those who have developed it.

8. arauca Banned Banned

So those who wanted see god the priests made them a god. so is this guy

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Just because you can't see the purple flying apes doesn't mean they are non-existent. I'm actually proud of Saint, he asks a lot of questions, you can tell he's thinking about the logic of it. I wonder what made him change his mind though, he used to seem Christian.

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Sorry, but it isn't that easy to understand what you are saying. Could you say it again please?

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I thought he might have been winding you all up. Just for a laugh. I reckon he's bored.

12. arauca Banned Banned

Here is an example THE GOLDEN calf . Buddhist monks were not successful introducing Buddhism into China so after they come up with queen of heaven the Buddhism was successefully introduced into China , You can take more examples in Greek religion.

13. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Why can't extinct religions make a comeback? Who says they're extinct? All it takes is a few crackpots and voila, back in vogue. 'Let's bring back the Druids', my mantra for resurrecting the dead and departed beliefs.

14. arauca Banned Banned

At the beginning the Jewish Pharisee made an effort kill of the Nazarene movement . and A Pharisee by the name Gamaliel ( Saul mentor ) he said ," If the movement is from God we are not going be able to stop it ,if it is from man it will die away " well it have past 2000 years the movement of the Nazarine ( Christian ) is alive . so you jude it.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Promise?

16. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

One can only hope and have faith that history repeats itself. That's it!!! The new religion: faith in and a belief that all religions, especially the god-based, die.

17. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Dead? So you've flipped back to the original stance at the start of the Jesus is dead thread that there was at least some mortal figure which the accounts were modeled on?

Methinks you would have made a good "attention-provoking" headline writer for the Weekly World News. Every once in awhile Batboy's history might have been rewritten to concern his discovery in an abandoned NYC subway tunnel, for the sake of some new story angle in his reported adventures; and the next round returned to the West Virginia cavern, etc.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Re:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_myth_theory

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/did-jesus-exist_b_1349544.html

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Not sure if it will become extinct but it's on the decline in the US and Europe. Like a 50% decline.
    Interestingly to note however, is that people's belief in God is on the rise..I'm on my phone, I'll find a link later that backs this up as I know you all like proof.

Christians themselves are the reason for the decline. I have personally met far more Christians who don't treat ppl right than I have atheists. My best buds are atheists. So...yeah.

It isn't solely because more Christians are becoming atheists, they are just leaving Christianity and/or whatever denomination they fell into. They may still believe in God but just stopped "following" Christianity.

19. arauca Banned Banned

I only can quote what was said 2000 years ago . " If this is Gods movement it will survive and it have survived 2000 years " what is not from God it will perish .

So intellectuals , theologian and what other crap they call themselves are full of hot air . Judaism as a root for Christian have survived for about 4000 years . The godless atheistic society wanted to eliminate Christianity in the USSR perished after 70 years and so will others who want eliminate God in the world.

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

Based on that you probably want to go with Hinduism. 6000 years and going strong.

21. arauca Banned Banned

I would not be surprised if it did not start even earlier and even what was called . Because as I look at Catholicism ritual in the church there is a lot of similarity to Hebrew temples . the Hebrew don't have all those idols of saints as Catholics , but look how the priest dress up and how the rabbi dress . Hindu have a larg number of minor gods you can make it parallel to the saints in the Catholic church . What I am straying to say the religions have many thing in common .
    My point was the OP ( extinction ) and at the beginning of Christianity called in the beginning was the Way then changed into Nazarene then Christianity . I like to assume Hinduism had other names at its commence and now is Hinduism . We don't know how much Zoroastrians had influence on Hinduism . I like to believe it had influence on Judaism.

22. Great Old One Registered Member

Considering mankind will be extinct one day the OP is a safe bet.

Unfortunately, you don't get to collect.

23. Fork Banned Banned

Sarcasm. The Ein Sof is real and plausible. See my thread "A Being that Syntactically Self-distributes Itself".