Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by cute cat reno, Nov 20, 2011.

1. arauca Banned Banned

I am a Christ teaching believer , and believer in creation if life .
    So tell me what is wrong with that.
    Now what atheism have to offer ? Self is the most important thing . How would society function ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Right..... Because in opposite world our ancestors who were inferior to our physiology but far more intelligent not to believe in man-made deities that they created to explain a world that they couldn’t understand even though they were far more intelligent then modern humans? So the Aztecs sacrifices a human hearts to appease their sun god or the Norse yelling at a Wolf god to scare it away from blocking the sun during a solar eclipse, if they were more intelligent than us then they wouldn’t have done that shit and would have realized that is no supernatural force controlling their world. Their deaths whether it be the culture, civilization or heck the entire species only reassure me that their credibility died with them. Our evolution is pushing away from our superstitious ancestors into much more intelligent, secular Homo sapiens (which is going to take a long time, since 95% of the 7 billion people on this planet still worship non-existent deities)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

It doesn't really offer anything, I do not have clergy to speak of, no one solid doctrine( in the form of book or text) atheist can be good people too, just last week I helped out at a homeless shelter( and you know why? because they are human beings who require assistance (without having underlying objective to convert them) it is an alternative, it’s more of a personal philosophy and perceiving the natural world without need of external supernatural force that motivates me to get out of bed each morning.
    “We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
    ― Richard Dawkins
    Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.”
    ― Carl Sagan
    “Scientists do not join hands every Sunday and sing "Yes gravity is real! I know gravity is real! I will have faith! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about the concept.”
    ― Dan Barker

8. arauca Banned Banned

Honor thy father . Is there something wrong with that .. Explain
    Thou shall not steel . What is wrong whit this ?
    Thou shall not murder . What is wrong with this ?
    Do no commit adultery How would you like your wife would do it ?
    Have a day of rest from your work . you would not like that if you are a slave holder
    Don't covet you neighbor property . Be your self, don't envy
    As for me there is only one God, The creator of life
    Please tell on how could your humanism improve in that.

9. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

10. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

11. arauca Banned Banned

O, see you do have pastors and preachers, and prophets.
    In my earlier days we members of the ACS , and ECS we had our monthly meting , there was a presentation of members work in their lab. I enjoyed the meetings we discussed jobs prospects and so on .
    In church , we discuss and read on how to keep up with improving our behavior. Yes we sing , but we don't get drunk as in some of our chemical meting. So what is the big difference ? We are sociable beings .

12. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Nothing is wrong with believing anything as long as you do not have to deny reality in the process (here referring to creationist denial of science).

Atheism has no more focus on self than theism does. The Atheist simply rejects the notion of God, principally the anthropomorphic Father Creator slash Destroyer with all of the myth, superstition and legend that the western tradition and literature brings with this ideology.

Hopefully society does not function due to ideology but due to more practical demands and the innate sense of an ethos which humans normally possess.

13. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  14. arauca Banned Banned

15. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Did you see anything that I wrote even calling them that? Or did you automatically assume since I posited some quotes from this humans that i worship their names and pray to posters of them in order to deify them? * looks around room* I don’t see any poster and my only reference to this people are quotes that I don’t commit on when I post them.:bugeye:

16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I not talking about worship of deities, or superstitions. But having the attributes of Gods, all knowing and the ability to see the future and the past. Is this a genetic thing? Can this be evolved into the human condition, it is like an instinct. Not something learnt but still within you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Saturnine Pariah,

We (conditioned souls) desire to live our lives separate from God. God accomodates us by fashioning the universe out of material energy.

The Kingdom of God, is a different place to the material world.
    You could say, your living room is trancendental to what goes on in a playstation game. You kill, create, kill, create, all day long, but while you are
    pulling the strings, it has no effect on you.

Ask yourself, why would a 35 year old proffesional man, play peek-a-boo, where are you, in a silly high-pitched voice, with his 8 month old child?

jan.

19. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

It's a human creation and therefore is part of the human condition, it is a character from a book that lives in a make believe world and has supernatural powers and yet has human traits, it has these powers and traits because we created it, and constantly personify our own mentality into its character to make it more relatable. If triangles had it god it would have three sides. As for the whole playing with the baby that called nurturing, plus a baby's innocence is adorable.

20. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

cute cat reno thanks to you :thankyou: this thread has reached 4 whole pages of debate,to think that clever poster poseted by you spurred all this this and for that i thank you. I f#@$ing love debating christians.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Saturnine Pariah,

This is why I think atheism is stupid.
    No matter how educated you are, you cannot go beyond a certain point.
    This is why all the great things we enjoy today, such as music, philosophy, art, science, came about by people who believed in God, or some higher being greater than themselves. The ability to go beyond a certain point.

jan.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  22. arauca Banned Banned

What, did you not quote ? and they paraphrased quotes from some one else .

So who cares you believe your way I believe my way . You have no proof if your belief nor your preciously mentioned preaches specially Dawkins.

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member