Christians convert back to Hinduism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

"Jharsuguda district collector Jyoti Prakash Das said no official permission had been given for the mass conversion, and that he had not been informed of the plans under the provisions of Orissa Freedom of Religion Act, 1967."

"Only last month eight persons including six women in the state's coastal region were beaten after they refused to reconvert into Hinduism. "

So much for religious freedom.

~Raithere

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

People there convert to christianity not for the love of christ nor for heavenly redemption. Mostly for the material advantages promised. The evangelical churches project this differently.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Actually, I like to see the Hindu conversions. The Xtians had, in the form of the English, trampled all over India pushing Christianity and I think it’s nice to see the people returning to their original beliefs and traditions. I hope to see Zoroastrian conversions in Iran as well – as a recognized religion I’ve heard that it is gaining a small increase in recent popularity due to historical sentimentality. To give a thrid comparison, it’s just like how English was shoved down the throat of every native American’s and if one day there was an re-emergence of Cherokee language and traditions – well I’m all for it. The worse thing I could imagine would be a complete anglicized world. So in the same sense I'm happy to see the Hindu conversions.

8. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

While Christians are converting to Hinduism, HINDUS ARE CONVERTING TO ISLAM !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Low caste Hindus 'prefer Islam'

At least 400 members of the low caste (Dalit) community in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, say they are planning to convert to Islam, because of what they describe as persistent unfair treatment by their higher caste Hindu neighbours.
    In the latest incident, the Dalit leaders are angry that higher caste Hindus in their village, near Kanchipuram have refused to allow a religious procession to pass through the streets where they live.

There is a ban on forced religious conversions in Tamil Nadu, which human rights groups say is open to interpretation by the authorities.

The Dalit community says they are not being coerced into converting to Islam, but they want to because in Islam everyone is treated equally.

The Dalits, also known as the untouchables, are at the bottom of the Hindu caste system.

Source: The BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/2344445.stm

9. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Can muslims re-convert to pagan/christianity.?!

10. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

No, for centuries the enemies of Islam were trying their best but they failed.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, ever wondered why ?

11. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

because going out of it is not allowed.

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Why would they want to?

13. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

No dude, because going in is the ultimate salvation.

14. Flores Registered Senior Member

Actually, I think it's becuase going in is not allowed...

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Who have tried to convert who? Are you saying Christians were trying to convert Muslims?

But you have to admit it is a bit like saying: “..for centuries the enemies of Zoroastrianism were trying their best but they failed.”

After all, Zoroastrians are still around are they not and have probably had more pressure to convert than say an Iranian Muslim?

Sure, what is the main reason Islam is the fastest growing religion? I thought it was due to birthrate?

Also, what does this “rate of religion” mean in so far as truth is concerned anyway? Anything?

16. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

You using the word "dude" makes me mega majorly sick, man.

It would be like totally excellent if you just laid off soiling my absolute fav phraseology with the liquid excrement that pours from your fingers daily.

I mean... man... you're so full of shit I find it a supremely painful to even laugh at you. The miasma... it just kind of like coalesces in my lungs.

Can't laugh if I can hardly inhale, right, bro?

Yeah, I knew you'd agree. You're cool like that.

Not.

Catch you later,
    you puritanical, prosaic fustian*.

*Credits to the Gend, who convinced me that 'fustian' can be used to describe persons.

17. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

What's the fuss anyway? Everyone has a right to choose, what they so wish, so if someone chooses Hinduism over Christianity; Islam over Hinduism; and Buddhism over Islam, it makes no difference. They are all belief systems, and ways of life.

The choice is analogous to choosing a career.

18. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Zorastrianism survives only in India with no pressure at all. Jews in India were never persecuted till most of them voluntarily migrated to Israel after it was formed. Zorastrians and Jews contributed to Indian culture tremendously like Muslims.

Edit : The Churches actively involved in conversions never agree that religious freedom exists in India until it becomes a christian majority state. But there are some exceptional christian charities doing some commendable services not bothering much about conversions.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  19. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

No, it is not only the birth rate, it is also WESTERN CONVERSION to Islam.

Islam is appealing to everyone no matter what is their cultural background, time for you to consider Islam.

20. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Islam is appealing as eating a bucket load of S***.

PS......Where do you get your ideas from?

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This statement is skewing reality. Let me reiterate, I said I thought that birthrate (I’d guess in Asia) is the major contributing factor regulating to the rate of Islam. Let me repeat – yes people of various nations convert to various faiths – but as for Islam it is birthrate that contributes the most to it’s rate of newly acquired membership. So although there are conversions that take place in the West or East it isn’t these insignificant few that make up the majority of people that become Islamic. It’s birthrate.

So: most people become Islamic because they are born into an Islamic family in an Islamic country and therefore become Islamic. Is that or is that not correct? Is birthrate the single most important factor in the rate increase of Islam?

The belief system that is growing at the highest rate in the world is atheism. I would be skewing the reality of the situation if I were to say that “it is also MIDDLE EASTERN conversions to atheism that are major contributing factors to Atheisms world wide rate of increase”. Which is essentially what you are trying to say about Islam. Sure, we both agree that some people in the ME convert from Islam to Atheism – but that isn’t a major factor now is it? In the same way; Sure a few westerners convert to Islam but it’s hardly statistically significant. Whereas the massive birthrate in pitifully poor third world countries – places where people hardly have as much choice in their belief as they do in the language they speak - is the real culprit here. Wouldn’t you agree? Isn’t that the facts of it?

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Are you saying Christians were trying to convert Muslims for 100s of years? Where? Who?

23. Vienna Registered Senior Member

He cannot answer your question Michael.