Christians in the century 21

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by arauca, Mar 13, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

The true Christians in the century 21 are martyrs , they are persecuted bu Muslims and by Atheists even we are a majority

Can you dispute that ,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I've travelled quite a lot. Perhaps I need knew glasses. I haven't noticed individuals nailed to crosses, or stoned, or drowned for their Christian beliefs. I have noticed Christians persecuting in a rather despicable way those who pursue 'alternative lifestyles', or think that 'Christian charity' should apply to all, not just Christians. But maybe that's just me. Do you really think God approves of the way you think? Sheesh!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

I don't know were you travel , nor I see you don't read much news what goes on in the nun Christian world to us . I also see that you don't see you are observing on this forum how Christians are humiliated by atheists .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. siledre Registered Senior Member

Christians have created their fair share of martyrs in their history and I have a feeling they will continue to do so, I'm not saying I'm against Christians but I don't see that they've been a shining beacon that is beyond taking a look in the mirror.

8. IfIonlyhadabrain Registered Member

True story.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's your own fault. Just stop being irrational. Also, persecution requires more than just talk.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Sure. Here in the US Christians are catered to with official government holidays celebrating Christian events, recognition of the Christian holy day (Sunday) and regular statements of support of Christian Gods (oaths made on a Bible for political offices, in God we Trust on our money, "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance etc.)

On the flip side, Muslims are banned from building religious centers by fearful Christians. There were more than 800 incidents of violence, vandalism or arson aimed at Muslims after the 9/11 attacks. 43% of Americans claim they are prejudiced against Muslims. 39% feel they should have to carry "papers" to prevent another 9/11.

So yes, it's absurd to claim that Christians are persecuted here.

11. arauca Banned Banned

We are free to separate yourself from other groups once we seclude yourself we become prejudicial against the other group, are you the atheist not doing the same thing are not the blacks doing the same . When I come into this country to the city of Chicago there are all sorts of neighborhood , we seclude our self to feel more comfortable to live with people of the same beliefs , language or race color.
    My original point was we christian are and were persecuted persecuted in this 21 century in the world .
    I see you have the habit to take tings out of content to make your argument and this is not the firs time .

About 911 are you not concerned about a repeat , I am Should we cautious, I think we should , We are not concerned about Mexicans or other South Americans, they were not part of the 911. During the WW11 Americans were concerned about American Japanese for the same reason .

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Christians are criticized, but that's no different than what they do to the non-religious. How is that the same as persecution?

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Absolutely!

No you don't. Go to church with other people of your own religion and creed and pray all you want. Build churches and monasteries. Build schools to teach Christianity. All 100% legal.

I'm not an atheist.

No problem with that - as long as you don't deny others the same freedoms you want.

Nope. You, as a Christian, are coddled and protected here in the US. Our society is set up to support you. You get Christmas off. You generally get Sunday off. "In God We Trust" is on your money. It's all Christian, all the time.

So you admit that you have prejudices against Muslims, but think that Christians are unfairly persecuted? And are you actually using Japanese prison camps as an example of the RIGHT thing to do?

14. arauca Banned Banned

Do we persecute Muslim for their belief NO NO and NO . I associate myself with Muslims and we get along well , Honestly I am afraid to be in an airplane with young Muslim traveling without famuly , If that is discrimination so be it .

15. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I'm curious. What do you consider to be a "true" Christian versus an untrue Christian?

16. arauca Banned Banned

Matthew 5 2--16
    2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
    3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
    13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
    14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
    15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
    16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Great! So you are free to do that without being called "prejudiced."

Exactly. Which is why crying "woe is us! we are so persecuted here!" is absurd.

George Washington: "The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

9/16/2011: "Herman Cain said Sunday that Americans should be able to ban Muslims from building mosques in their communities."

5/29/2012: "NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Construction of a Tennessee mosque that has been strongly opposed by critics of Islam will be stopped after a judge ruled Tuesday that local officials didn't give the public adequate notice before the meeting where it was approved. The mosque was one of several Muslim projects in the U.S. that hit a swell of conservative opposition around the same time as the controversy over a plan to build a Muslim community center near New York's ground zero."

No, that's just prejudice. It only becomes discrimination if you take action based on that prejudice.

18. arauca Banned Banned

Man, then I am a saint I have no taken any action on anybody

Let me add A group of people does not have to push the issue or themselves where they are not wanted . The case of the Mosque in NY > They wanted put it in the vicinity were the wound is steel fresh .

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

The rights of religious people to "push themselves where they are not wanted" is the very reason the First Amendment was written.

Would you be OK with closing down your church because it offended atheists?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Those Christians were also quite good at discriminating against each other, which is why it's actually a secular nation.

21. arauca Banned Banned

You are starting to twist the subject , Atheist are all over the world , I would not close any mosque nor any Buddhist Temple, nor any religious house of worship

22. arauca Banned Banned

Yes we are secular but in God we trust.

23. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Buzz - fail!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli