Climate changes and polar shift

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Dreama, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Dreama Registered Senior Member

The escalation of dramatic weather events over the past few years has been inescapable, especially as media seems to feed off the resultant destruction.
    The present bitter cold in Russia and Northern Europe is a current example of the extremes we have begun to note. Is it coincident that the migration rate of the magnetic north pole has also increased pace?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blindman Valued Senior Member

One of many coincidents.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Andre Registered Senior Member

There are very cold winters every so many years. This winter is nothing unusual. It's just getting more attention.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I am convinced that global warming is occurring, but I'm not sure that the general perception that all the recent extreme-weather events we've been seeing on TV are directly due to global warming. I think part of the perception that such events are becoming more common is due to the fact that TV coverage is becoming more global. During the Cold War, for example, if you lived in America and there was extreme cold in Russia you probably wouldn't have heard about it. But now you do.

8. protostar Registered Senior Member

The way I see it, the underwater volcano's are heating the ocean and killing off plankton. Soon enough the fish of the sea die off. The oceans rise and
    volcanos and earthquakes abound. The core of the earth is rising in temps
    so that when it reached its threashold, the layers above the core will slide enmass around the fixed axis of the central gyroscope core. The plates will slide and smash etc..
    I find it ironic that the end of this great year 25,920 years is almost up.
    The solar system changes like it did many years ago and time will change.
    We will have to wait and see if the impending pole shift that is geographical pole shift not magnetic pole, will bring great distruction or if we will only experience different weather than we are use to.
    One thing is for sure, A planet CAN change its orbit when its charge of energy changes sufficiently. It is said that possibly around 2012 the elliptical orbit of the planet will change back to a more circular orbit. Changing how long a day would be.

9. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Protostar, some questions...

There have been underwater volcanoes for as long as there have been oceans, and for longer than there have been plankton and fish. Why do you think that's happening now?

Why do you think that the Earth's core is increasing in temperature? What do you think is the causal mechanism?

Do you think that everything above the core will slide? Why would you think this?

When you say:
    What do you mean by 'energy'? Why would that change a planet's orbit?

Why would the length of day change if the Earth's orbit became more circular?

I apologise for the large number of questions, but pretty much everything in your post seems to warrant it.

10. Light Registered Senior Member

???? You have something to back up this statement? I've never heard or seen it any where before now. :bugeye:

11. protostar Registered Senior Member

I have found that in 2002 the core of the earth started speeding up due to
    temperature in the core rising (theory of course) Upon the temp rising the
    harder rock layers above the core became more molten and viscuis. Also
    by buldges in the earth's crust (Bend Oregon) Which scientists have been monitoring since 2001 and it keeps getting bigger. When the solid outer mantle becomes mostly liquid, the mantle will then slip under the crust around the fixed axis of the central gyroscope core. many papers on this theory
    best to check out http://www.huttoncommentaries.com and click on ps research. There you will find a ton of information on this as well as model experiments from professors.
    The underwater volcano that I am talking about you can read about it on
    http://www.mpg.de/english/illustrat...Releases/2003/pressRelease20030718/index.html
    Also National Geographic did a story on this as well. Since it is ALOT BIGGER THAN ANTICIPATED, it shows that there is new movement as well.
    Regarding the core, If you think about it, when the heat is carried form the core to the crust by convection currents, the heat generated from our solar system as well as CME'S from the sun especially the GIANT ONE from Jan 17,2005 gave the core a higher temp from that one alone!
    Solar radiation from the sun AND other radiation is received at Aphelion and Perihelion and distributed from these 2 areas down to the core at the equator and back up to the poles. IF the electromagnetic energy changes a different magnetic field can appear from moment to moment. IF a NEW electromagnetic field and charge is appearing The planets poles and orbit
    which is determined by its electromagnetic charge, can actually change.
    I think that is what the mayan's were thinking about when they stopped their calander. If time is a function of oscillation of matter, and the matter (planets) changes in any way, time will change. Interesting .
    Some other interesting sites to check out regarding theory's on pole shift
    and orbit check out http://www.tmgnow.com and
    http://www. wrightworld.net/poleshiftnews.htm
    Larry from wrightworld is very knowledgable on this subject and has been studying it in correlation to bible prophesy.
    HAPPY RESEARCHING!!!

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Gee-golly-whiz! You really don't know much about sub-surface temperatures nor a lot of other things, do you? Instead of wasting your time (and ours) on those wacko sites, you'd do a lot better to spend your efforts studying a bit in real geology and physics. Just for one minor point, the temperature of the interior of the Earth is in no way affected by solar radiation. I could go on but there are too many errors here and would really take a lot of time.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

yeah, like in siberia. i heard some of the nastiest winters
    outside the polar regions occure there.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

the question isn't so much that global warming is happening
    the question i have is:
    is it the result of natural processes or is it deliberately being caused?

15. protostar Registered Senior Member

Wow, the solar system and solar radiation has nothing to do with the interior of the earth? Man, I guess the covection system is a myth. huh, what do
    ya know. hehehe.
    As far as the sites that I posted, they were posted for people who
    REALLY want to learn. Theories are there to be DEBATED.
    What kind of DICTATOR tells people that its his way or the highway?
    I hope you are not a teacher. Your style of debate needs to be revamped.

16. Light Registered Senior Member

Consider this: except for for a few places - like Iceland, Yellowstone Park, etc. the heat from the interior of the Earth is too far below the surface to have any effect on it, And the converse is also true. I've seen graphs (sorry, don't remember where just at the moment) done by the NGS showing the penetration of surface heat generated by the sun and it's speed of penetration. It moves downward in seasonal "waves" and hardly goes beyond 40 or 50 feet.

Answer this: if solar heat on the surface is effecting the core temperature then why is it that anywhere in North America (except certain hot spot, like the kind I mentioned, does the temperature remain a fairly steady 60 degrees F year-round! Doesn't that strike you as really, really odd if you try to claim it's making it down to help heat the interior?????????????

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How does your "theory" get around the facts, eh?

17. protostar Registered Senior Member

We are sitting upon a nuclear reacor that gets its energy
    from the sun. The way I understand it is the solar radiation comes in
    at aphelion and perihelion and "radiates" down to the core at the equator
    and "bringing it back up at the poles". Why couldn't the core of the earth
    react to this solar radiation from the sun and "other" solar radiation?
    Since the geo magnetic poles are generated by the liquid iron core,
    wouldn't the movement of these geomagnetic poles prove that there is movement within the liquid iron core that is changing and moving these
    magnetic poles? Thus, possibly heating of the core nucler temperature?

18. draqon Banned Banned

oh...I see...carbon dioxide green house effect wasnt enough...we want to completeley finish Earth by using the last thing it has, its heart.

19. Light Registered Senior Member

Sorry, but that's some pretty confused understanding.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

True, we're sitting on a nuclear reactor BUT it doesn't get anything from the sun. It creates it's own heat through the nuclear reaction going on inside it.

The next part of what you were talking about actually describes how the Earth's weather works (more or less). Air is heated around the equator by the sun, rises, heads toward the poles, is cooled, sinks, and then slides across the surface as it makes it's way back to the equator. Pretty much the same is true for ocean currents as well.

Then, in the latter part, you first correctly describe the magnetic poles and how they move BUT, there again it has absolutely nothing to do with the sun or solar radiation.

20. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

We are? Earth's internal heat has several sources I can think of off the top of my head: radioactive decay of certain elements; tidal flexing; crystallisation at the base of the outer core; residual heat from the Earth's formation. Although it has been suggested that there is a nuclear reactor in the core, it's rather speculative and not widely accepted.

Or perhaps you mean ancient examples of natural local uranium concentration like Oklo .

21. Light Registered Senior Member

That's true. I admit it's simply speculation but several geophysicists do support the idea and it seems to have at least some merit.

I would also agree that residual heat from formation is also a good candidate.

But whatever the real source(s) eventually turn out to be, it certainly has nothing at all to do with solar insolation.

22. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

23. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well I will say this the gravity of the sun exstends right to the core of earth, in addition i will also say that garvity at the earths core is opposite that of the earths surface, furthur more the core of earth is unbeliveably ice cold, and so any addition heat source to the core causes a reaction.

DwayneD.L.Rabon