Clint Eastwood about political correctness and p****y generation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ultron, Aug 9, 2016.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hunt deserved everything he got.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You got one from me, in post 11. Quoted you and everything. As noted, you missed the entire point and the problem with Clint's little complaint there.

In missing it you missed the central fact behind the entire issue of "politically correct" language criticism, and rendered yourself unable to reason coherently about it - either its justification or its abuse.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Let me make one thing clear to you: That someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they didn't read the links.

I don't get this part. What is it about supremacists that makes them think they can just say, "Here, read this and think exactly like I do", and expect that to be some manner of useful argument?

In recent years a news-reporting trend has included the repetitive use of stupid headlines according to the thesis that internet news readers really do need things spelled out for them. You know, "Here are Ten Reasons", or "This Is What Happens When", or "(Do This), (Think/Feel This)". And they also capitalize on other trends in speech: That Guy, That One Time, &c.

What we're talking about, in those terms, is That One Thing.

It's sometimes called That One Thing Everybody Does, except that'not an accurate name.

The Proper Forulation is The Thing Every [Empowerment Class Member] Does When Speaking to [Unempowered/Minority]. Thus, the thing every white person does when speaking to a black audience, or, in this case, the thing every man does when speaking to an audience of women.

Donald Trump, for instance, went before the Repulican Jewish Coalition and insulted Jews. When I heard a denunciation of Hillary Clinton on this count, it had to do with the Nae Nae.

Still, though, "the Thing" isn't quite actually any one thing. But the basic idea is that the empowered class will attempt to show solidarity with the unempowered by insulting them. Thus a politician tells a foul joke to prove to the audience that he's just like them, and they don't need to be resentful toward him for being a bigot. It's the weirdest ritual; I don't know why people think they can get away with it.

Really smart people do really stupid thing sometimes. It happens. Trying to pretend it isn't stupid only makes it worse.

And, you know, other people get a bad break in the reportage, too, but we don't see massive movements to clear their names: What he said was exactly stupid and proves he's a fucking bigot, and no amount of you or anyone else desperately trying to justify that bigotry will change that.

No complaint about the reportage will change what he said. No complaint about this or that feminist will change how stupid Tim Hunt was and, apparently, still is.

Just because you're too lazy to write an actual argument doesn't mean people are automatically going to agree with you.

You disgust me, Ultron. You can't be bothered to write an actual argument to support your bigotry. You can only accuse. Frankly, I'm through tolerating this manner of bullshit.

So I'm calling you out, bigot.

You don't get to make excuses for misogyny.

You don't get to make excuses for stupidity.

You don't get to tell women what to think and feel.

You don't get to accuse people just because they don't perceive the exact identical argument you apparently aren't capable enough to formulate or communicate.

Learn to think.

Learn to communicate.

Learn to show some basic respect to your fellow human being.

You don't get to behave like this.

It's absolutely bullshit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Why do you think that?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He lost an honorary title, that's all, not a real job, for saying sexist things, which he did. Enough is enough, women have been treated unfairly in the field of science for centuries, it's not OK to pile on that even with a stupid joke.

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

from Ultron's link:
    Sir Andre Geim, himself a Nobel prizewinner for his work on graphene, said he had not expected City to take any action against Mrs St Louis.

"No Vice Chancellor would take on an ethnic-minority militant feminist
    Sir Andre Geim, Nobel prizewinner
    He said: ‘No Vice Chancellor would take on an ethnic-minority militant feminist. Those are not humble Nobel laureates who can be forced to resign quietly."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aims-career-told-update-CV.html#ixzz4H9FN6xTz
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

wow, while we're in a crucifying mode, lets hang Sir Andre Geim upside down on the same cross.
    He is quite obviously a misogynistic racist with authority issues.

It has come to a sorry state of affairs when we honor professional complainers over nobel laureates.
    Will no one help the widow's son?
    (alternately phrased: Charley's at the wire)

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

So you would honor Yasser Arafat (Nobel prize winner) over Martin Luther King? ("professional complainer")

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

So, does that mean we ain't gonna crucify Andre Geim?
    hmmmm
    How about burning him at the stake?
    The rack?

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, no one will crucify Andre Geim.

And I see from above you admit that there are indeed times that you would honor "professional complainers" over Nobel laureates.

PhysBang likes this.
  13. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

Geim is only an amateur complainer, doing it on his time off.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Be interesting to get the Clint Eastwood take on drama queens. Guy loses an honorary title for running his mouth, we start talking about crucifixions?

It's quite possible to be non-PC without being honest, having integrity, dealing in straight talk, telling it like it is, or saying anything justifiable at all.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A note on comprehending history:

Indeed, the opaqueness of its textually scattered segments almost fails to yield a composite narrative. And yet, defying its opacity and disjointedness is its employ in the Qur'ān as a "clear" exemplum, thus as something whose understanding is postulated on the prior knowledge of some broader framing sphere of an invoked, but not elicited, myth or legend. This myth, or legend, as it is recorded in the various extant texts is, however, no longer easily datable to the age of pure oral lore before the advent of Islam, for it is to be assumed that along the centuries that led up to its collection and redaction it has undergone its own evolution not only as mythopoeia but also as a hermeneutic tool at the service of the qur'ānic text. It is, therefore, only as such, within this vague correlation of textual purposes, that we find embedded the story of the Arabian golden bough hidden anecdotally within a myth.

(Stetkevych, 16)

What the professor emeritus is after here is that a particular reference that seems entirely obscure to everyone else apparently had its own implicit meaning in, say, the seventh and eighth centuries among people living in western Arabia. Various factors seem to have disrupted communication of that meaning unto the present day.

Similarly, one of the things overconfident conspiracists can't seem to figure out is what to do about the conflict between their need to exude wilful overconfidence and the fact that they don't actually make sense to anyone else.

Just sayin'.

Look, there's not going to be a professor emeritus at Indiana University or anywhere else, that many centuries later, trying to figure out what the hell you meant, but this is the twenty-first century, and for quite a while, now, humanity has been leaving a sufficient historical record that such gaps as we find in trying to comprehend the historical dimensions of the Thamūd generally won't come up. The historians will know very well what is invoked but not elicited; the tables and concordances will be bountiful. But neither will the critique be sympathetic: These are the codes by which society was to overlook the offense itself in order to contest the fact and nature of others being offended.

In other words, it's one thing to wonder what you're on about, but quite another to actually care.

Notes:

Stetkevych, Jaroslav. Muhammad and the Golden Bough. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1996.

sculptor likes this.
  16. sculptor Valued Senior Member

amen

(For me, the employed verbiage seemed apropos of the similarity of context.)

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

He's entitled to his opinions, this article is tame though as to everything Clint Eastwood thinks about Trump from what I've read so far. lol It doesn't seem like he's over-endorsing Trump though, just is stating he's not supportive of Hilary, and that Trump 'is onto something.'

Maybe he meant ...'he's on something.'

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Ultron Registered Senior Member

It is standard leftist approach to launch ad hominem attacks accusing oponents being stupid bigots, supremacists, racists, misogynists and so on, because in most cases leftist cannot deliver coherent arguments on the topic. It works well for them in the current oppressive media landscape which is supporting political correctness and supressing free speech.

But I think it is unappropriate when a moderator is acting this way, resorting to ad hominem attacks and straw man false accusations to all who have obviously different view. I came here primarely because of physics and made just short venture into other forums, but I will probably stay away from forums where do you abuse your moderator power and discourage or ban people who have other opinion. You can go on and continue to pretend there is some free discussion on non science forums together with few your leftist minions who are tolerated by you because they share your opinions.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    sculptor likes this.
  19. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Didn't he sing "I talk to the trees"?... No, I don't mean he sung that to the chair, I mean, didn't he sing that in "Paint your Wagon"?
    Just better say...my mum had the record not me.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

From the title of this thread:
    It would seem that we are such a pussy PC generation that we don't even want to use the word pussy, and instead cop out with p****y.
    Stuttering a bit with one too many *s.

curiouser and curiouser

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It is the standard bigot, right-wing approach to dodge discussions they are either too afraid or too lazy to follow up on by saying really stupid and pretentious things like, "It seems, that you havent read the links". It works well for them in the current anti-intellectual media lanscape which is supporting bigoted presupposition and suppressing truth in favor of advert revenues.

I think it's absolutely inappropriate for a troll to behave in a deliberately insulting, dismissive manner and then bawl at the retort. Such petulance does nothing to grow any confidence in your argument. It's nobody's fault but your own if you're not capable of keeping up with the discussion.

If you don't have a case to make, don't go looking to pick fights.

22. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

The misogynists and bigots of the world simply want to be free to say what they think about women and minorities and suffer not for it. So they've conjured up this fake issue, political correctness, to decry.

Exhibit A:

Trump to Megyn Kelly: I Don't Have Time For Political Correctness and Neither Does This Country
    Tim Hains
    On Date August 6, 2015

Megyn Kelly calls out Donald Trump for sexist remarks from his Twitter history. "You've called women you don't like 'fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.'"

"Only Rosie O'Donnell," laughs Trump, before turning serious. "I've been challenged by so many people and I don't frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time either. This country is in big trouble."​

Donald doesn't like PC. He wants to be able to call women whatever he wants and get away with it. He doesn't have time to bother filtering all the slime that comes out of his mouth and neither do the people that support him.

23. wellwisher Banned Banned

PC is a game used to limit free speech. Let me give an example of how the PC scam works. If anyone complains about illegal immigrants, in the US, this is defined as being racist by PC standards. Since nobody wants to be called racist, people are manipulated to shut up, even though there is a huge social cost to this lawlessness that needs to be addressed and not swept under the rug.

If you are not a trained seal, but you like to analyze situations, racism implies being blindly bigoted against every one of a given race. Although not often stressed, racism also means favoring your own race over others. By this definition, black lives matter is racist. Being against the illegal immigrants, of all races, is not racist, since it treats all immigrants who are breaking the law, the exact same way. PC misrepresents this by redefining racism to the benefit of the leftist agenda.

Another example, was if you disagreed with President Obama, that made you racist according to PC. The goal of this particular PC scam was to let the president get away with stuff, such as lying about his health care sales pitch. In a rational world, being able to disagree with the policies of a President is what makes him an equal, since this has always been the way for all presidents. Segregating the president, even for his own political advantage, is being racist, since it assumes two sets of rules; one set is different for the black guy. The Democrats were the original party of slavery and segregation. This has not changed, even of the back of the bus has padded seats and cup holders. Liberals have been trained to think up is down, the lie is truth and truth is a lie. Trump and others are dope slapping the liberal mob, to wake them from their dream. This is being resisted by the scam artists who have dumbed down their voting base so they don't think. It is not PC to point out the PC scam.

It is PC to treat women with respect and dignity. Hillary has taken tens of millions of dollar from Saudi Arabia, a country known to treat women as second class citizens. This is an other example of the PC dual standard. The rules are applied differently depending on your political party. She gets to say one thing; I am pro-women, while she also gets to act the opposite, for her own personal gain. There is no hypocrisy standard for her, according to PC rules.

If you are a black republican or a female republican, accordant to PC, it is not racist or sexist to criticize you. It was OK to treat Sarah Palin as a dump blond or Clarence Thomas as an Uncle Tom, according to PC. Pointing this out may be against the rules of PC. PC will define that as being a hater.

When a person reaches a certain age, like Clint Eastwood or Donald Trump, you don't have to act like a trained seal anymore. One is grandfathered in to free speech.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Ultron likes this.