CNN "confirms" eavesdropping on ordinary Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daGUY, May 16, 2006.

1. daGUY Registered Senior Member

From CNN's Politics page as of 6:21p EST:

"Bush: US eavesdrop on ordinary Americans" (second headline under "More News").

The title of the full article is "Bush: US doesn't eavesdrop on phone calls of ordinary Americans." Seems like somebody at CNN ironically forgot to type "doesn't" in the shorter version of the headline

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

the link doesn't work

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's totally un-American. Our founding fathers would be shocked.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. firecross Scientist Registered Senior Member

We are no longer living in the tradition of the founding fathers. Free speech and open discussion for rational solutions are antiquated ideas.

8. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Bush has been spying on tens of millions of Americans, fascism is comsuming us all.

WHAT NEXT?

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

They would be shocked at the concept of a telephone. Even more shocked at the idea of an airplane. Even more shocking would be that airplane flying into something called a skyscraper.

While I understand what you mean, spidergoat, you can't say if they'd approve or not. Thomas Jefferson owning slaves proves this point.

I'm always reminded of an episode of the Simpsons when it comes around to this type of discussion "But sir, you own the original constitution with the word 'suckers' in it."

As for President Bush, all I can say is "Bad President! No more re-election for your party in the future. Bad, bad, bad!"

And actually, I'd like to raise a more horrifying issue: certain Americans agree with what he's doing. The average agreeing American on this issue is that they're not terrorists, so they don't mind the President logging their calls. My point is: the President shouldn't be logging calls because 99.9% of us aren't terrorists.