Cold fusion device in production

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by quantum_wave, Apr 26, 2011.

1. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Then there were these two gems from Rossi in his blog:

"Andrea Rossi
    February 28th, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    Dear “Renaissance Man”:
    Yes, I receive blackmails and threats, regularly, but the more I receive, the more I stick on my job. I got the precaution to leave to three persons of my trust all the papers necessary to make the reactors, to allow the respect of all my engagements (also toward the Mankind).
    But I want to tell you: during the Pyramids battle, a bomb passed few yards on the side of Napoleon; terrorized, his attendant asked him “what if that bomb caught you?” and he answered: if God wanted that bomb hit me, I could hidden myself in the center of the Earth and still it had hit me”
    Warm Regards,
    A.R."

and

"Andrea Rossi
    March 27th, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    Dear Mr Daniele Passerini:
    Your question is very important under a philosophycal point of view.
    To translate in English your questions, to allow all our Readers to understand, you are asking:
    1- Since I am working in a scientific environment, why did I profess that I am a Christian catholic believer to answer a question in your blog?
    Shouldn’t a scientist be a Darwinian evolutionist?
    2- How can I explain the existence of God after what happened for example in Japan ?
    About Darwinism: my opinion is that Darwinism can explain perfectly how living beings, vegetable and animals, have evoluted through the million years to make themselves more fit to survive, throughout a selection of the more fit characteristics. But I do not think that this can explain how humanity has evolved. The reason of my opinion is quite simple and practical, rooted in mathematic calculus of probabilities. If we want to sustain that humanity is evolved from protocellular beings, born from “casus”, then we have to admit that the possible combinations of casual beings are close to infinite. Therefore, spontaneous and casual evolution should have produced in our Planet millions of evoluted beings able to compete with humanity in the field of arts, culture, physics, politics, etc etc. The probability, under a mathematical point of view, that only humanity could be born from a casual evolution of DNA combinations are equal to zero, or, if you prefer, equal to 1 against billions, so much are the possible combinations of chromosomes structure and chromosomes series. But only one combination worked, the one who brought to the existence of humanity. To sustain that the casus has brought only humanity is as probably wrong as to sustain that in billions of billions of planets in the Universe only the Earth contains living beings. A Darwinian evolutionist could sustain that no other evoluted being exists in the earth able to compete with humanity because of the selection. But also this is unsustainable: no evidence exists in the archeology of evoluted beings defeated from humanity and extinguished for this reason. Humanity has fought against animals, not against other forms of evoluted beings, where evoluted beings means living beings able to change through experience their way of life, producing art, science, politics…(no, politics no..).
    2- How to make compatible what happened in Japan (and in Holocaust, and in many other unacceptable situations) with the exhistence of God? To ask me this is as to ask my dog about the correlations between the universal relativity of Einstein and the quantum chromodynamics. I can’t read the mind of God. But I have a doubt, about what happened in Japan: are we sure that all the atomic bombs explosions tested in the Pacific Ocean did not change the configuration of the bottom of the sea in that area? I read that few inches of displacement of the bottom sea has caused that disaster…
    Thank you for your questions,
    Warm regards,
    A.R."

Like WTF really.

At that point I thought to myself "did such a lunatic actually make one of the greatest discoveries ever ?"

I think he got this guy Foccardi and then told him he was going to work on a way to produce more power from the concepts he had helped develop and then wham by god he found it, what he really found was a way to trick those who want to believe that it is in fact producing more power by way of a poor test.

But again, I seriously hope that I am wrong.

However, the more he speaks, the more that is revealed, makes me believe he and his invention a fraud, scam or a big mistake in data interpretation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DRZion Theoretical Experimentalist Valued Senior Member

Well yeah- plastics, and petrochemicals. Only like 40 or 50% of oil is transformed into motor fuel (I don't know the exact figures). And until a good fuel cell is developed, or the electric car becomes affordable, then oil won't really be affected, other than oil power plants which are uneconomical anyways.

Its really the coal industry which will suffer. Coal prices are bound to drop immensely if a substitute is found. For this reason I think its important for chemists to find ways to process coal into various chemicals and plastics.

If this thing does work though, I wouldn't be surprised if it would eventually be installed in cars, once Rossi has more room for maneuvering.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Soderberg’s question below could very well have included, “or in the trunk of a car”, lol.
    Rossi’s response is, “yes”, as expected, but notes that the research contract with UofB is signed. I take that to mean that he has rights to commercialize inventions that come from the research, and that research will be funded by the university.

• Andrea Rossi
    June 22nd, 2011 at 1:26 AM
    Dear Jon Soderberg:
    Yes, all of this is possible.
    I think that something like this will be made in the R&D work of the University of Bologna (by the way: yesterday the research contract with the University of Bologna has been signed.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.
    • Jon Soderberg
    June 21st, 2011 at 10:58 PM
    Dear Mr Rossi
    I have a question or 2 regarding the implementation of an ecat in a space heating application. The current design of your ecat seen in videos has you pumping a volume of water through a chamber resulting in dry steam. Would it be feasible to submerge an ecat chamber into a large tank of water for hydronic floor heating? Would it be possible to create a radiant heater using fins attached to an ecat chamber? Would it be simple or difficult to retrofit existing heat systems? Would it be feasible to embed an ecat into a large mass such as stone or concrete and run the ecat like a wood stove?
    Thank you
    Jon Soderberg

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Here is a great link:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2...rScientificCommunicationAndEthicsIssues.shtml

In it there are enough red flags presented that scream the e-cat is a scam.

Here he sums up my feeling about it:

"If he is certain that he will deliver a 1 MW commercial reactor in October as effective proof of his claims, he wouldn’t need to seek and promote acceptance of his claims by the scientific community now. If he is confident that he will have a breakthrough commercial reactor ready for sale in October, as he has stated many times, he wouldn’t create attention now, because that would attract more competitors in the near future"

He keeps telling everybody that it doesn't matter what they think, that his "customers" will be the judge, then goes off on everyone who questions or challenges his claims and methods. Sounds like he does care what they think because he needs their approval to make his claim stronger.

If his claim was valid he wouldn't need them.

8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's pretty much what I said about him in a previous post when I summed it up in just a few words: "Why, oh why, would he waste so much time and effort on a blog and responding to everyone? All he should be doing is keeping his mouth shut while working on this thing and then let the device SPEAK FOR ITSELF. PERIOD."

And I'll be quite blunt about my position now - the *only* reason I keep following this story is that I'm waiting to read that one of the investors he's scammed is suing him for fraud.

10. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

http://www.evworld.com/modules/win_audio.cfm?player=wma&storyid=2004

Here is a link to the Win_audio player used by evwrold. The podcast is a 32 minute evworld interview with Andrea Rossi from July 11, 2011. They also had interviewed Dennis Bushnell (mentioned about 18 minutes into the module), the chief research scientist at NASA's Langley, VA facility, who said that LENR could be the game changer. Rossi was not aware that Bushnell has such a positive attitude and was pleased to hear about that statement. Rossi now lives in Florida and is working at their production facility in Miami. He discussed skepticism and agreed with the consensus view the the best answer is to produce a working product in a customer's plant. He confirmed that the delivery to the customer in Greece is still scheduled for October. I didn't understand the discussion at the very end of the tape about the cost. First he said one cent, maybe meaning per watt, then he said one to two thousand dollars for 1 kilowatt/hour which is absurd. I don't think he has these figures on the tip of his tongue which is a concern. One kilowatt/hour would be 1000 watts per hour wouldn't it? And at one cent per watt that is $10, not $1000. Has anyone got firm figures on the expected energy cost when the ecat is in operation?

11. Jarek Duda Registered Senior Member

12. kowalskil Registered Member

13. Jarek Duda Registered Senior Member

Dear Professor Kowalski,
    I'm personally also rather skeptical about Rossi claims, but I see your counterargument is based on lack of radiation required from decay of unstable copper isotopes - such isotopes can be omitted by direct transformation into higher nickel isotope - for example by neutron absorption in W-L theory or through that electron makes succeeding scatterings on one and the second nuclei, attracting them toward themselves - here is some wider explanation:
    http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143

14. kowalskil Registered Member

My prediction is that nothing will be confirmed this year. But I want to be wrong.

.............................................................................
    Ludwik Kowalski, nuclear physicist and writer (see Wikipedia)

My profile==> http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_profile.html

15. kowalskil Registered Member

I hope you are right.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)

profile==> http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_profile.html

16. Farsight

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Much is happening. I'm just catching up ...

http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/n...on-rights-of-andrea-rossi’s-e-cat-terminated/

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3228376.ece

E-cat: Rossi breaks
    with Greek Defkalion
    Av: Mats Lewan
    Publicerad 7 augusti 2011 23:5113 kommentarer
    Andrea Rossi, inventor of the ‘E-cat’, has terminated his agreement with the Greek pilot customer Defkalion. The planned launch of a one megawatt heat plant in October is now supposed to take place in the United States.

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=501&cpage=10#comments

• Andrea Rossi
    August 7th, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    Dear Koen Vandewalle:
    Yes, it is a sad day, because I have been betrayed with lies. I am sad mainly for my friend Christos Stremmenos, the Greek Scientist who made the tests in Bologna for the reeks: he always believed in this, made a titanic effort to bring this in Greece, and now all his work too has been betrayed, but I am sure that we will work again together, maybe in Greece with other organizations: it would be a pity to throw away the baby with the dirt water. But the tech must go on, we signed a tremendous contract in the USA. The Customer has already made plans for 1,000 plants in the USA, and has the financial dimension for this.
    By the way: it was already foreseen from me this USA plant, if you remember, I told months ago that we were preparing also a plant for the USA.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Andrea Rossi
    August 8th, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    Dear Alessandro Casali:
    I repeat that the reason of the split from Defkalion has been only and exclusively financial.
    As for all the other issue: as all our Readers know, I always said that we would have been ready for the market from November only with the 1 MW plants, while for the small units more time was necessary, for many issues.
    In fact, we will start in October our 1 MW plant, and we will be ready to sell such plants from November, as I always said, while we will be ready for the small plants in due time. It is true that Defkalion, which is an entity indipendent form us, has repeatedly published that they were ready to make a mass production of E-Cats, they also said repeatedly and publicly that they were ready to invest hundreds od millions of Euros. I had no reason not to believe them. I could not know which kind of assets they had, so, theoretically, they could be able to make what they said, after getting from me the technology to make the core of the reactors. There was not reason not to believe. The problem emerged when, after we waited until the maximum possible term, we demanded that the financial duties be respected. At that point it emerged that the financial resources were not enough to go on. This is the sole real problem. There have not been technological problems (see the comment of their chief scientist Prof. Christos Stremmenos, published here few minutes ago), there have not been personal problems, at all, not counting the fact that I love Greece (by the way: to visit Greece in this season is like to go in Paradise), there have not been problems of delivery, I have already perfectly in schedule my 1 MW plant, while the production in big series of the E-Cats was not my duty ( by the way, I always said them that this policy was completely wrong, for the first 2 years, but they were free to do what they want in reece and Balkans); the only problem has been that they were delaying from months their financial duties, until it has not been possible to go ahead. Of course, since they have not respected what due, I did not give them any confidential information regarding the inside of the reactors.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Andrea Rossi
    August 12th, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    TO ALL OUR READERS: TODAY HAS BEEN PUBLISHED ON THE JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR PHYSICS THE VERY INTERESTING PAPER
    “COLD NUCLEAR FUSION”
    OF E.N. TSYGANOV, UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SOUTHWESTERN, TEXAS, USA.

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=510

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  18. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Just to be sure everyone's on the same page: "Journal of Nuclear Physics" is the inventor's personal blog, and not any kind of peer-reviewed academic publication.

19. Tach Banned Banned

So, it didn't take that long for the Greeks to figure out Rossi's scam.

20. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but the scam isn't yet confirmed. We still seem to be on schedule for that by the end of October. My hope is that there is something to it, and I think the global fiscal situation is begging for a solution to the cost of energy. Of course all paradigms would change and the global assimilation of a successful E-Cat would be traumatic, to say the least. We will see.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  21. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah, and that's not all. What's even MORE important is what he didn't say, yet accidentally revealed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He's loosing his investors!!! And why do you suppose that is? Easily answered: They have lost faith in his "technology" because he won't reveal any of his "secrets" about how it works.

And why won't he? Since these people were willing to PAY to produce and sell his "invention" for massive amounts of money? Again, the answer is equally simple: He HAS no secret technology! It's all been nothing but a scam from the beginning.

I'll give this whole E-cat business another two months. Somewhere around that time, I predict that this joker (Rossi) will dive for deep cover and never be heard from again. His whole house of cards is imploding around him even as we speak.

22. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Again, maybe, but on Aug. 7 he said, "But the tech must go on, we signed a tremendous contract in the USA. The Customer has already made plans for 1,000 plants in the USA, and has the financial dimension for this."

We are still in the wait and see phase

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

There is a bridge in Brooklyn just aching to be sold to QW.