Colors while meditating?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by *stRgrL*, Nov 11, 2013.

1. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

I've been meditating for a few years now and have noticed that different times I will see different colors. Sometimes it will start as one color and then develop into another. One time (while on Vicodin from surgery) I couldn't get any colors, it was only black my entire meditation which has never happened. Anyway, any others with similar experiences?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Welcome Back, You've not been here in a while :/

As for colours while meditating, I really couldn't say although I notice my sight fading if I stare at something for too long, although I doubt that's similar in any way.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

Pastels. Definitely pastels.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Shifting, colored blob CEVs and phosphene-like events / patterns can be noticed during even conventional relaxations and literal light-deprived situations, too. I've even had that happen with my eyes wide open while reposing for a few minutes in a chair with my mind somewhat cleared of thoughts -- sporadic occurrences dancing fuzzily on the ceiling, floating colors devoid of belonging to an object.

Colorblind synesthetes may subjectively experience colors that otherwise could not be part of their palette for visual perceptions or for dreams / imaginations derived from memories of those perceptions. What one of V. S. Ramchandran's patients referred to as "martian colors". Somewhere over the last decade there was some research on blind, haptic synesthetes experiencing colors when their fingertips touched keyboards, etc.

8. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Fluorescent green

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

All kinds of sensory experiences are possible. It's not significant.

10. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I find that when I have been meditating regularly, when I lie down to sleep, I don't see blackness behind my closed eyes as light pastel colors. I have no idea what the significance of this is. I think of it as the light of spirituality and clean, clear mindedness.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can attribute optical illusions to spiritual nonsense, but it doesn't make any sense.

12. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Do you even know what an optical illusion is? Pay attention please. My eyes are closed. I see what I see, not blackness but light. What doesn't make sense? If others feel things you don't , there's need for belligerence. Do you dislike meditation? Perhaps you ought to try it sincerely before you dismiss it out of hand.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have and it's a waste of time and injurious to the body. By optical illusion I mean you are seeing something that isn't there. Your optical nerves are firing in the absence of light. It's a biological thing.

14. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Strange and unlike me, every time I made a progress with my practice my guru only corrected something in my meditation posture - corrected my practice of what was taught 20 years back - and told me exactly what I was seeing. I am very surprised to know you can make a progress without that. I am sure your guru is powerful enough to bless the knowledge directly.