Comcast hints at plan for paid fast lanes after net neutrality repeal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kittamaru, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/

Whoops, looks like Ajit Pai lied, what a shock!

douwd20 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

Pai is under strict orders from his owners to a.) enshrine the current oligarchs and b.) lay the foundation for vast future profits and c.) lie lie lie about a and b as the true motivation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Around 20 years ago, when I was first learning to program sockets, we had two keywords - "type of service" and "content". These had to do with the connection type and the type of data that would be transmitted. As such, I never really paid much attention to the net neutrality arguments as I figured it was common sense that a 911 call receive priority over someone downloading the latest hit song. Apparently, these keywords are not what is meant by type of service and content.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

There is this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

According to Congressman Ro Khanna (D-CA17)↱, this is an example of how the internet gets sliced up, "In Portugal, where there is no net neutrality".

Notes:

Khanna, Ro. "In Portugal, with no net neutrality, internet providers are starting to split the net into packages.". Twitter. 26 October 2017. Twitter.com. 27 November 2017. http://bit.ly/2lpNYnE