Comedy/sketch shows

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by birch, Mar 8, 2018.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

pretty accurate. except the staring part is mostly from men from a patriarchal past, not women, like anywhere else.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

i can't stand people who think drinking, bar-hopping and clubbing is what having a good time is all about. i was around people like that when i went to a hostel once and all they did was just drink and go to clubs/bars. it's beyond immature. drinking alcohol and especially eating while drinking heavily is disgusting and often a bad combination as well as clubbing is very wearing/harsh on your system. it's very, very unhealthy. it's also actually very seedy/depraved. i can understand doing that maybe one night a month but everyday? it's just all an excuse to get drunk. drinking 'games' are also a contrived ploy and frankly are just stupid as if people don't know it's just an excuse to get wasted and everyone pretends to be amused and laugh because it's just oh so clever. uh, no it's not. there is nothing to get out of it except a hangover and more wear and tear on your system as your health is ruined.

you wake up at odd hours with bags under your eyes and feeling as if you've been run over by a semi-truck realizing you made a poor decision to hang around with scum or lowlives or whatever the fuk they are because they don't seem to have a problem with it and all you can think is you need to detox, go to the gym, volunteer, check out a book at the library, play with some puppies, chase a rainbow and probably repent and get back on track to healthy/fruitful activities. just anything but stay away from people where alcohol is a major theme or love in their life. they are almost never healthy people in more ways than one. i noticed it wasn't just alcohol but often other drug use is often common as well or in tandem. it was alway something to do with drinking, eating and karaoke was about the most innocent thing they would do and that is fuking assault on the ears. i noticed these types aren't the same ones that would be up to go to a pc bang , for instance, to play video games etc. even that's too cerebral and constructive for them to consider it a good time. if it's not seedy or annoying, they don't consider it fun.

engaging in wholesome activities such as sightseeing/cultural tours, hiking, parks, films, shopping, dining (with light/moderate alcohol or none) is much more enriching as well as healthy.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

well, ya know, it's an acquired taste. but traditional korean folk music is pretty much about misery and hardship and then about some more misery and hardship. try to envision a korean grandmother (halmoni) clutching her bosom wailing loudly saying aegyu (omg) like the world is coming to an end.

i kind of like it though in it's eerie charming way.

some more misery and suffering expressed in art. pansori supposedly has some shamanistic roots.

this is a girl of the modern age singing pansori but she can't pull it off as well. it's a bit too primordial for her.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

now this is a professional cooking show

8. birch Valued Senior Member

funny and true.

she is incorrect about personal space part. most koreans don't even like to randomly hug strangers or people they don't know well.

exactly. i've experienced men who are inappropriate invading anothers's personal space in the states as well and they were not asian. actually, there is a lot of people like that because there are many bad or inapropiate people. there are just people like that.

she said she is very good with feeling people's energies and her intuition to help her. people who deny that people don't exude different aspects of themselves energetically are dishonest. you can pick up a lot about people and it's not just soley based on literal body language or what they say with a smile on their face, it is also their vibes and energy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. birch Valued Senior Member

boy, don't look at me with that tone of voice..lol