Complaint About Treatment

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Reiku, May 5, 2008.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

Was that intended to be funny? Because I seriously can't stop laughing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole, never mind contemplate it, Invert. Id rather lick my dogs nuts to be quite honest.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Now, we don't own a share of this place. Sad but true, for the owner we are
    nobody. People come and go everytime. They hire admins and mods to keep
    harmony in this place, which means, in extreme cases, their job is to remove
    'trouble-maker'. If you come and just get trouble, then you are lost. If you
    come and gain new things, new knowledge, make friends, having fun, etc,
    then you are winning. Whether you are losing or winning, it really doesn't
    matter for them. Sad, as I said. So it's up to you now, whether you can get
    the best of it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

inzomnia can i just point out the mods are no different in that to the rest of the members, we arnt paid and we do come and go to.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Yeh sweety... most of the mods here, simply started out like us... plus they don't get paid for it. But then again, if they where getting paid for it, i would seriously cut down the wages with some of them for doing half-assed jobs.

9. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Of course mods are different than that to members! :bugeye: They can ban member,
    member can't ban mods, for example :shrug: Maybe I used the wrong term (it's
    my English); not 'hire', but select.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

My main point is, is that mods should not be outside the rules, simply because they dish them out. Niether should they pick and choose when these laws should be within operation. They should be invariant at all times, and equally with all the members.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

inzomnia you do realise that we are just as bound by the rules as you are. There used to be a member here a while ago that wasnt contributing anything to the site at all and was provoking the other members all over the place but they TECHNICALLY wernt breaking any rules so our hands were tied. There have been mods fired for miss using there powers and spider resigned in relation to a member he baned that was overturned. Its no where near as simple as "i dont like you so i ban you"

In the end plazma rules over all the site and ANYONE who does what he doesnt want be them member or mod will get the ass

12. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Reiku, my advice is, do not expect anything from the mods. Whether they are
    doing right or wrong, our membership here is voluntarily, and therefore our
    bargaining position is low. I suggest that you depend on yourself. If you find
    somebody disturbs you, just face them (if you feel you are in the right position),
    otherwise, put them on ignore, and just concentrate on other topics/users. That
    way you will not waste your time.

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

I was just pointing out that it's not true that mods are not different than members,
    in a way that they have more power. I did not say that they abuse their power,
    even if they can. I know it is a thankless job, and I put a lot of respect to those
    spend time and effort for these, but this isn't a thread about that.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

But i've wasted to much time here inzomnia, to accept that a member (every time i create a thread) to come and insult me, interogate me for personal information, and general misuse of hijacking my threads. I won't sit by and let it happen. I don't have ''mat'' written on my forehead.

I know you mean well, but the treatment has been very very bad.

15. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

You created the threads and post your ideas because you want your ideas to
    be challenged, right? Otherwise you will keep them all with you, right? Well,
    there is no things such personal insult on internet, because we are all here
    anonymous. There is no harm they can really do to you. If they do insult,
    either they insulting your ideas (which you should think back, why? what's
    wrong with my ideas??), or they are just troll. For the second case, you
    could completely ignore them. Why bother?

16. Reiku Banned Banned

''You created the threads and post your ideas because you want your ideas to
    be challenged, right? ''

Challenged, yes, insulted, no. My personal achievments in life, my very education, things like this, should not be a subject at all. So i ignored it, and by doing so, the person in question started posting on the forum that i haven't had an education at all.

Ignoring someone, is effective for only so long... that is until they start to cripple your very ability to function correctly around here.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

Second, i have no intention to come here to argue with anyone. Anyone who has this audasity, shouldn't be allowed to post here, because surely, coming here with intent to cause arguements with other members on a daily-basis should require a formal warning, if not a temporary ban. If it doesn't, then what stability does this place really have?

18. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Whatever the case is, do not expect anything from the mods, because they
    are not here to protect us whatsoever (remember: voluntarily membership).
    If you don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed. I think if you really
    enjoy composing your ideas, internet probably is the best place for you, because
    here people will be honest, because they are all anonymous. They have no benefit
    in either insulting or helping you.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

That depends on what you mean... protect though. If they aren't here to protect us, then it would be acceptable to say something, and get away with everything if that be the case?

20. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Yes, they aren't here to protect us. Nobody comes here to protect each other.
    But no, you can't say whatever you want, as you don't own the place. If one
    is seen as a trouble maker, he or she will likely be removed.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, i'm sorry inzomnia, i disagree sweety. I would say rules are there to keep the conduct... in all area's. That means, that the rules are there for our protection, as much as they are there for the forums stability...

... aNd the rules are upheld by mods... so technically speaking, mods are here to use the rules to protect our interests, and the forums at large. No?

22. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

You are free to disagree, Reiku. You are free to believe whatever you wish.
    But do not mix wishes and reality.

In any case if you feel that your 'rights' has been abused, you should be able
    to point out where and how specifically you have been abused. Only if you are
    able to do that then mod can be expected to take actions. Otherwise, just
    move on.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

This i do agree with 100%

''In any case if you feel that your 'rights' has been abused, you should be able
    to point out where and how specifically you have been abused. ''

But recently, if one does do this, they tend to be called a whiner. So, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.