compressing two magnetic fields and more together

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by river, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

because I want to know

I haven't read this anywhere

to you , not to me
    information

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not what I asked. Why are you sure they can be?

Strange, you quoted the post that said it: James R's post -
    Toward what end?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

look the bottom line is , is that no two magnetic fields have been purposely brought together in a controlled confined space , in an experiment

otherwise this would have been pointed out

nobody has done so

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

You're joking, right? Particle accelerators like CERN use some of the most powerful and highly controlled magnetic fields ever produced. At this point, it's just a matter of engineering.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Riiight...
    Oh, wait:
    http://www.emfs.info/What are EMFs/addingfields/

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. river

yes

to control the direction of the particle in the accelerator

not the compression of the magnetic fields together which holds the particle in position in a three dimenional space and direction

10. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

11. river

fascinating really

I read it , but didn't read anything about two magnetic fields being compressed together

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Sure they have. We do it all the time when we design transformers. The most common method is a dual primary. Both contribute magnetic fields to the core, so they "purposely bring two magnetic fields together."

In fact, you probably have one in your PC.

13. river

but are they pressured , compressed together

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

They are indeed "formed under pressure" - the back EMF of the core must be overcome by increasing the "pressure" (i.e. voltage) to create a strong enough field, fast enough to induce a voltage in the secondary.

If you want to mechanically compress them, get two magnets and squeeze em together.

15. river

why ?

16. river

by the way

when try to push two magnets together , such as fridge magnets

you push from top to bottom

what I want to do is push , from 360degrees of the magnetic field

inotherwords , explore the full three dimensional surface of the field

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Why don't you turn them round and push top to top?
    Or is it difficult for you to imagine that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. river

because it doesn't give me the understanding I'm looking for

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then you're not looking at it correctly.
    Top to top is two like poles, "trying" to avoid each other - hence "compression".
    Top to bottom is two unlike poles - if they're attracting each other then how is that compressing them?

20. river

what are you on about .......?

I'm talking about exploring the magnetic field , 360degrees , with another magnet field

not what your talking about

21. keith1 Guest

SEE:"Explosively pumped flux compression generator"

...An EPFCG can be used only once as a pulsed power supply since the device is physically destroyed during operation....
    ... popular as power sources for electronic warfare devices known as transient electromagnetic devices that generate an electromagnetic pulse ...They also can be used to accelerate objects to extreme velocities, and compress objects to very high pressures and densities...

Seems one of the tricks would involve confining, and exhausting the explosion, so as to not destroy the experiment structure.
    Good luck with that. Keep us abreast of your progress!

22. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Herein lies your misunderstanding. I guess pictures you have seen of lines of force have misled you. Now I see what you are misunderstanding.

The picture is just a way to take a very abstract idea (magnetism) and break it down graphically to try to help you understand. Let's say you have a picture in front of you. And you get out a ruler and measure the distance between the "lines". And you come up with exactly 1cm. And you look at the caption on the picture and it says: the potential difference between lines is 1V (here I will use the electric field, much easier to visualize). So now you can
    take it to the bank that the picture you were looking at was describing a field intensity of one volt per cm, or 100V per meter.

Now suppose you were God for a day, and you simply uttered "compress" and it was done. Your picture (of the same device) would show twice as many lines per cm, or it would remain the same, and the caption would magically read "the potential difference between two lines is 2V". Are you following me? So you get out your ruler, and quickly discover you have 2V per cm or else 200V per meter (or any units you choose).

And what is the result? More energy? is that your objective? Because only God violates the laws of physics, right? You're not hoping to create energy out of nothing, are you? I hope not and I hope you understand why there's a brick wall around that idea.

So how does a human bein' double his energy in the field? Simple. Supply twice the energy to the electromagnetic and Ouila! you have eaten the forbidden fruit of physics and it tasted so good because it works.

Are you trying to engineer a field or make a better electromagnet or a better permanent magnet? What was the ultimate purpose here? Because if you think you can create energy out of nothing, you will need to wait until the end of the Mayan calendar.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

This has already been pointed out to him by James R and myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.