Concerning moderation, view from members

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Reiku, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

deleting is not the same as editing except in certain contexts. for instance..."a post was edited out of a thread"...which is then the same as saying a post was deleted from a thread.

however, if i were to delete a post and someone accused me of editing the post and changing its meaning, naturally i would take issue with that since there is no longer a post in existence that can be modified in anyway

still tho, while it might be tempting to call this kwill creature every name under the sun, he appears to utilizing some retarded definition of "edit" that was obviously not immediately apparent.

what do you have in mind? call him "filthy filthy liar"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

since he gave his operational definition of "edit" which i assume you are aware of,.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... you should not persist in accusing him of lying.

now
    the tit for tat has been played out
    this bit of idiocy can end

oh
    if reiku continues spamming the forum when he returns.....well, that will not be a good thing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Thanks Gustav,
    you would almost need to see how Prometheus is determined to continue this, and have followed the Bias Thread to see this. I was not the first on these threads to compare editing with deletion, but did agree with it and made mention of it.

Just an add-on to that. Reiku/Mister has a habit of making 4-5 posts to make his point. Deleting 1 or 2 of them can change its meaning.

It really did in the post we are referring to, however it cannot be linked as it no longer exists.

This is what I meant by saying
    Basically the moderator was saying if he did not agree with the post he would delete it which is censoring.

Like how he said this,
    So anyone/moderator going around deleting posts (some call that editing/censorship), if they disagree with the opinions. This was my main objection, but now my objection to Prometheus has expanded exponentially.

so these threads just keep going and going.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

you can stop. you have the agency
    so does the prom guy if he decides to get a clue
    the deletion issue had been resolved by james by way of an admonition
    you and prom evenly trade insults

i cant think of a better ending

oh
    makes sense i guess
    interesting observation actually