Conflict and Conscious vs Unconscious plans

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by whatsherface, Feb 28, 2002.

1. whatsherface imaginary entity Registered Senior Member

From a user in another forum Behaviour Online

Comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Well, for a start the dude is using entirely wrong terms. He/she keeps using "unconscious". He/she should be saying "subconscious". They are two very different things.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. whatsherface imaginary entity Registered Senior Member

I don;t think it necessary to be that pedantic, Adam. I was more interested in the ideas that person was trying to convey, particularly as i think i recognized that i have seen myself in just that situation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Well, the way I see it, there is no equal comparison between conscious and subconscious plans. The conscious mind has plans and intricate little cogs and wheels and thoughts. The subconscious mind, rather than having plans as such, is more like a general driving direction or force. Like the conscious mind is a kyte or a boat, all busy with its sailing actions and maneuvers and such; and the subconscious mind would be like the wind or an ocean current or whatever. In a more practical example, the subconscious mind might make a person generally afraid of the adrk, and the conscious mind would plan evening activities around lighted rooms and such.

8. whatsherface imaginary entity Registered Senior Member

But if the unconscious mind has a plan there is nothing the conscious mind can do but play it out, it;s not like we have any conscious free will, any thought you imagine you have is already cooked before you know it.

9. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Well, that's why I like the idea of meditation. It brings the conscious and subconscious realms closer together, if you can really get your mojo flowing. When you really know what's lurking deep down inside your own mind, and can form some harmony between the conscious and subconscious, life just gets very groovy. And no I'm not stoned or drunk right now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Religion=Pscychology=Science...?

Hummm... that remembers me the old discussion of Free Will and God's Will...

Unfortunatly, I don't remember the threads where it's being discussed...

And if God is our subconscius (or unconscious, as it's said here...)
    and we, as ego, are the conscient? Then, comparing Science, Pscychology and Religion we will have:

Science--------------Pscychology-------Religion

Subconscient-------Highter Self-------God
    Conscient-----------Ego-----------------Human

It seems, by each ones definition that it matches...
    What do you think?

PS: I guess I'm creating a new thread about it...

Love,
    Nelson

11. justagirl Registered Senior Member

I think it is possible to suppress subconscious thoughts. Many men are taught that as children to suppress their emotions.(boys don't cry) I think society sometimes places pressure on people to motivate them to suppress their thoughts. ( I am 16 years old and really like Andy but he isn't a popular. I don't want to smoke but my friends do) Maybe I am looking at all of this wrong but it's how I feel.

12. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

justagirl ...

"I think it is possible to suppress subconscious thoughts."

Aren't 'subconscious thoughts' thoughts that have been supressed?

One of us is confused.

Take care