Consciousness after "death"

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Kellisness, Mar 8, 2011.

1. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

The show was fact. Reincarnation is still yet a belief. A belief is a future desired "goal" within society from its own vantage point.

are you speaking in the manner of the collective consciousness, or to those questions we only ask ourselves. the collective never dies, but parts of the whole are unfortunately lost in time.

Props to the parents for letting their little boy wear out a fantasy in the right way with a visit to the place where the plane crashed. Nothing says, "forget you were ever born, again" like a nice trip to Japan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Speculating the universe contains energy in the form of information. If I were speculating wildly I would say something like, "what if you could just write pure information on the side of the sun, write information directly into atoms themselves in a way in which it could never be erased?" then I would quantify that as my perspective consciousness has on the universe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I wasn't talking about the show. Re-read my post - I was referring to the statement of yours that I quoted.
    And I would suggest that the show was presented as fact.

No.

What do you mean by "collective" conscious?

If you're talking about anything other than individuals/ society then you're supposing again. And even societies die.

All paid for by the TV station. Nice holiday...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

A belief society rises towards is a future goal.

The thoughts that did not originate from yourself.

and the universe or god knows it existed.

Agreed, supposing they did in fact pay for the trip. The kid was younger and it looked like a home video camera.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And can you name a common belief for an entire society?

You mean from reading books? Talking to other people?

Assumption. The universe is neither sentient nor aware so far as we know. And what "god"?

If it was on TV then the station paid for the rights at the very least. If not the whole thing (including camera).

And I'm STILL waiting for answers to my previous queries.
    All you're doing is extending the suppositions.

9. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Omnipotence... If there is no god I assume you are the God of your world. God could contain the dead collective memories.

Assumption. The universe is neither sentient nor aware so far as we know. And what "god"?[/quote]I assumed it only had knowledge specifically. It knows where itself is in other words. What god? The universe is god. All powerful by means of its own existence. Is it the master of us or are we the masters of it?

Your right. I have no support nor do I need validation to prove consciousness after death. I cede defeat.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No.

Demonstrably not.

How does it know if it's neither sentient nor aware?

Meaningless application of the word "god".

Actually you do. Otherwise it's nothing other than an assumption or belief.

11. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

We will call it a belief of mine then. As such I will not attempt to show that there is in form of consciousness philosophically or physically connected to the body after death. Apologies for the great lack in scientific merit.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Good, because you'd probably fail at that too. Especially with the "physical" part.

Oh don't apologise for lack of scientific merit.
    After all, it lacked any merit whatsoever.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  13. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Ah. You mean heat? Or are you imagining "electrical signals" floating around in an aether of some sort maintaining some coherence?

14. keith1 Guest

It seems we can only extract data on the subject, from a life-experiencing source. Therefore, we end up simplifying the results to the basic conclusion:

Delta wave (deep sleep) denotes a most certain characteristic live unconscious state example. REM sleep wave patterns denote a most certain characteristic altered conscious state example. Since the observable unconscious/conscious state(s) involve the presence of a wave signal, one could not conclude any of them resemble the death state dynamic.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
  15. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Finally... his eyes open.

Nice work Dywyddyr. Isn't it nice when reason prevails?

16. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Yes, it is nice to finally see how death conquers life, instead of life conquering death.

17. gmilam Valued Senior Member

On an individual level, death always wins. But overall, life appears to be hanging in there.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It is nice.
    But I have to admit that the invisible penguins who live in my kitchen cupboard gave me some help.