Conundrum: Is it possible to thinking about something other than thinking?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by davidelkins, May 8, 2016.

1. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

When I am thinking I might imagine what a person looks like and what they themselves might think. I might imagine what they might do in a situation and what their life has been like. I might wonder where they will go in the decades to come and what kind of friend they might make. This is but guess and wonderment and I am fine, happy and humble accepting this truth. There is nothing wrong with representation, analogy, metaphor, guess, and approximation or any other of the innumerable methodologies that can be applied. Each person, lifeform and object in the universe is complex and their is always more to learn. We cannot snap a finger and quickly define an entity with a simple restrictive definition. We'd be missing out on the much more complex truth. Is 'A' the way it is or is 'A' just a representation? Certainly representation leads to greater knowledge, even if there are errors and misconceptions. This is a learning curve. I am happy with my reps. They are fine. The world is complex. DE

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.