Coolest looking dictators?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by KennyJC, Aug 14, 2006.

1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I have given this extensive thought. Sure, they've killed scores of innocent lives, but my God... They do look cool don't they?

I think the coolest looking one must surely be Kim Jong Il, closely followed by Hitler.

Which is your personal favourite?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

WTF? Isn't that our very own Wes Boy? ALLISWES WESISALL?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ah. You remember. I purposefully didn't caption it just to see who might recognize the old boy.

I thought that you were around back in those days.

*sniff*

Whatever happened to the little darling Jadedflower? Come home, darling!

Edit:

Hey. Is it just me or is your avatar not moving anymore?

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I remember an old picture of him that used to be stored on this forum.. it's no longer here... or maybe it is, but the links point to a non-existing file.

As for the coolest looking dictator.

Hrm. Well Saddam looks cool with a beard (well after you get all the bugs out of it).

Umm... Napoleon Bonaparte?

9. HonorAndStrength I know nothing Registered Senior Member

Hitler

10. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Does Jesus count?

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

No.

Go away.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Bush, because he looks like a monkey. And monkeys are cool.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Kennedy. He was kinda cute until they put that bullet through his skull. But even then it looked kinda cool.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

15. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

ill go with bush

16. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

How the fuck was Kennedy a dictator? bush I can understand....

Anyway, my vote probably goes to Julius Caesar, just because he is the closest thing I can think to a Greek dictator at the moment, and they sure dressed cool back in those days.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ok. If we're going the American President Dictator route, then let's be honest. Bush isn't a dictator no matter how much he might like to be. He had his chance on 911 but failed to jump on the grenade. And as the American saying goes, "He who hesitates, masturbates."

So. Here's the real American President Dictator.

FDR:

19. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Mine has to be Iran's president, very likeable character. An American reporter interviewed him recently. God knows what for, but he was very convincing and got my vote. The reporter was trying to grill him and was obviously trying to make him say something wrong, at times it was like watching a kindergarten charade; but he answered all the questions remarkably. Why can't we ask Mr. Bush those tought questions? Oh I forgot his... I.Q is too low. Ever since we entered this Bush admin its been allegations this and that but you never ever see any sort of evidence backing claims. Just this morning there were reports of Hezzbolah planning a world terrorist army, but again..no evidence.If anybody still listens to Bill 'O' rielly, he or she knows that he is all about evidence this and evidence that. He is a "republican" who greatly supports the Bush administration for some reaosn nobody understands. Anybody that calls his radio show must have evidence backing their views or gets grilled by 'O' rielly. But the same admin will accuse other leaders with no hard line evidence of any kind. Tough sell!

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

It seems that half of you don't know what a dictator is.

21. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

to me a dictator is anybody in charge at any given time, be it 4 years or 26 years, all depends on how you see it. But like all other ideas there are extreme scenarios

22. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Schleebenhorst I agree. Bush shouldn't be up there, neither should Kennedy. Neither were or are dictators. I usually throw the Darling of the Democrats up just to see whose feathers get ruffled, like he could do no wrong. You know, all that money spent on getting to the moon could have been routed to more needed programs, like education and welfare reform (it was needed even then), but because the big, bad Russkies were scaring us, we had to go visit a chunk of rock instead of trying to improve conditions for the working poor in this country. Like Devil's Reject said, it all depends on how you see it.

No US President should be in the list because none are dictators. They may be manipulators, they may be schemers, but they are not dictators. I think, in the interest of some form of accuracy, we need to put up a definition of "dictator" and only nominate those who genuinely qualify, in which case, Khaddafi, Qaddafi, Gaddafi, however he spells his name, gets my vote.

Are there any benevolent dictators, or is it true that "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

dic·ta·tor Audio pronunciation of "dictator" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dkttr, dk-t-)
    n.

1. An absolute ruler.
    2. A tyrant; a despot.
    2. An ancient Roman magistrate appointed temporarily to deal with an immediate crisis or emergency.
    3. One who dictates: These initials are those of the dictator of the letter.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dictator

by definition 2, bush qualifies......
    ty·rant Audio pronunciation of "tyrant" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trnt)
    n.

1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
    2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
    3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

and....
    des·pot Audio pronunciation of "despot" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dspt)
    n.

1. A ruler with absolute power.
    2. A person who wields power oppressively; a tyrant.
    1. A Byzantine emperor or prince.
    2. An Eastern Orthodox bishop or patriarch.