Coolest Way to Die

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DJ Erock, Jun 12, 2004.

1. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

I heard a story recently about an 83 year old man who was recently diagnosed with cancer. He decided to go on a plane ride, then at one point or another just jumped out. I don't condone suicide, but that would be a pretty sweet way to go.

Personally, I think that would be a good way, to fall to your death, fun on the way down, no chance of a slow death. It would also be fun to drive a car full speed into a wall if it came down to it.

What is your preferred way of death?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Lethal Injection while I sleep. I'm a coward.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

drowning is rumoured to be quite good
    id also like the jumping out of plane idea, it'd be really fun on the way down - like parachuting, but better
    and of course, theres something to be said for taking alot of innocents down with me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Epsilon Prime Over Epsilon Registered Senior Member

drowning seems painful =/ suffocation.....the clogginess...blah

mm...i heard when people fall from high places, most died during the fall instead of the impact, is it true? (the science behind it?)

8. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

i'm not real sure of the science behind it, but i think its a rush of adrenaline so hard that it kills you, at least thats what i've heard. see if you can find some faces of death videos of people jumping off buildings, you often see them stop moving just before they hit.

they say that drowning is one of the most peaceful ways to go, but it just doesn't seem right, inhaling water would probably hurt like hell, and the brain doesn't die quickly, so you'll still be alive for 10-15 seconds or whatever after you inhale

9. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

people who almost drowned and then were ressusetated said it was a great way to go

it depends how high, if you meen high as in from the top of a 6 story building, then no, but if you meen high as in jumping out of an aeroplane, then they could quite easily die just from the speed that they are going at, or the shock and stuff

10. MiTo filosofos Registered Senior Member

save the planet like Bruce Willis in Armageddon did

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I think people are missing the point. They're talking about the most peaceful or painless way to die. That's not the same as coolest. The coolest way would have to be for one thing, "Caught On Tape!!" It would have to be something that is not humiliating. No getting sucked into a jet intake because you left your wrench on the tarmac. No slipping on a banana peal and falling into a meat grinder. It'd have to be something heroic. Something that reinforces the standard of extreme sports being extreme.

Having a chute fail to open while skydiving would be cool if the camera could be close enough to catch the bounce, the evisceration. Of course, there's always the stigma of failing to pack your chute well.

Maybe being torn apart by a pack of wild animals while filming a documentary. But, of course, that has the stigma of humor as well. Everyone's just waiting for that documentary guy to fuck up and get killed. Too many "I knew it was gonna happen!"'s.

Hmm... Something stupendously graphic and horrifying yet with no stigma attached. That's a brain-teaser. Maybe spontaneous combustion. Just burst into flames in the middle of a crowd of people who all just happen to have video cameras on you. That might be cool. Nobody's fault there, and it would be cool to be the first fully-documented case of spontaneous combustion. Put your name in the history books.

12. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

did you know that fundamental brain cells can live up to 20 hours after the heart stops beating? that's kinda freaky because your brain could have been still operating and thinking when you supposedly died, and if this is true, what would you be thinking about?

I hate slow and miserable deaths.

13. antifreeze defrosting agent Registered Senior Member

really? i've heard that drowning sucks. besides, your corpse gets puffy and bluish...ew. i think i'd strap on a vest covered in C4, jump out of a plane at high altitude, and detonate around 2000 feet above a major metropolitan area at 7:30 am. well, maybe i have other things, i'll get back to you.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I tend to believe that the mind defends itself at death with visions of peace and tranquility. I read an article or two about it somewhere. When an animal is being ripped apart by carnivores, their systems get flooded with endorphins or something. After a certain point, it's like they just fade out. Maybe the rip and tear of incisors become kisses and hugs from loved ones. I don't think its a foolproof system, though. I'm sure sometimes it hurts like hell. Especially the long drawn out ones.

I think I read somewhere, too, about how the way the brain shuts down at death is like the light at the end of the tunnel scenario. A dream-like quality that removes you from the reality of what's happening. You distance yourself from yourself. I saw a documentary on g-lock. That's when extreme g-forces cause you to pass out. They were pumpin' these guys up to mass g's til they'd pass out from lack of blood in the brain. Some of them had weird experiences afterwards. One even described watching himself being led down the hall from the centrifuge (or whatever it's called) he was floating in the air behind and above himself. The brain is capable of weird effects.

15. the preacher fur is loose 666 Registered Senior Member

the coolest way ,would be,to be clinically dead for the longest time, ever recorded.
    then to wake up, and know that you've been dead. now that's cool.

to die, and never know the outcome, is pointless.

16. darktr00per Registered Senior Member

Coolest way to die---NEVER

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

In my hammock , on a cool evening, lay down and fall asleep......never waking up again. Just dying in my sleep would be the way to go but I really don't care how I go for I am alive now and really don't dwell on that at all. It is much more important to live than to think of any alternatives.

18. water the sea Registered Senior Member

1. From the more frequent ways to die, drowning and CO asphyxiation are NOT cool. They are probably the most painful ways to die, as the person in question is conscious to the end -- as far as I'm told.

2. I would die in a very uncool, but very old-fashioned way: of a broken heart, just the way they do it in old novels. But apparently, those deaths occur mostly exclusively only in old novels. IRL, one has to live, or die of one's own hand, be it knife, gun or misery.

3. The alternative is go to Mt. Everest or another high mountain (preferably with a fancy name, like those in South America), and die from exhaustion. I am told this is probably the most painless way to die: exhausted, you don't feel the cold or the lack of oxygen anymore, and you die sleeping.

19. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

sorry about this...
    coolest way to die: jump into a vat of liquid nitrogen

20. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

In a big bad ass battle like in Braveheart!!!!
    FREEEEDOMMM!!!!!!!!!

21. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

I don't know. A giant, overwhelming orgasm might be nice.

22. Dug-T Registered Senior Member

Getting hit by an f1 car at 220 mph.. now thats a cool way to go.

23. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Burried Alive! (i think it is cool and i wish all my enemies that death, just to prove that i am a nice guy i think those i don't like should have a cool death)

nah, just kidding. I have no idea actually. Maybe dying in a cement statue shaped accordingly to your last moves