copyright image theft (re. spuriousmonkey)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by perplexity, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
    I've sat here and read this thread and thought to myself... "You know, Vert. He's just such a pathetic old shit. Plus, it's really fun to wipe your ass on him from time to time."
    And I thought that I'd let you slide.

But, then I read the pathetic bullshit you go on about in here. And remember all the other pathetic bullshit you've gone on about before... And I think, "Was it really fun wiping your ass on this pathetic old cunt? Or was it a huge pain in the ass that you'd prefer not to do anymore?"

And...
    I'm divided.

James will probably come along and see this thread and your death threat eventually anyway. You'll probably be banned without my intervention.

Hmmmm.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Nah.
    You just threatened the forums with this one.
    That's it.
    You're reported.

Bye bye, Ron.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I can say that this thread represents the sad world that I live in.. and the one my children will grow up in.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

i alone beweep my outcast state
    -ron harvey circa 2006

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ron is technically correct about copyright law. He is the owner of his image.

phlogistician is incorrect that a copyright notice of some kind is needed for copyright to subsist in a work.

Ron has requested that other people do not copy his Avatar without permission, and that is a reasonable request.

imaplanck will cease using Ron's Avatar immediately, or will be permanently banned from sciforums. The same applies to anybody else who uses the image without permission.

Death threats will not be tolerated on sciforums. Ron is warned about this, and will be permanently banned for any such future threats.

Personal attacks on other posters are similarly not permitted. spuriousmonkey is probably the worst offender in this thread, but action could equally be taken against many other participants. All are on notice that my patience is wearing thin. I will start handing out temporary bans if you cannot control yourselves. There will be no further warnings.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Meh.
    Oh well.
    I guess he'll be around a while longer.
    Personally, I think he threatened me just so he can get banned. I think he wants to leave Sci but is to stubborn to leave without being banned.

And. Yeah. I knew he was right about copyright. But, he's still being a whiny little blah blah blah blah blabh lablhabldsjfa;sldkjfas;dlkjflkj

Edit:

By the way. I know that James is being stern and all. but it brings a smile to my face just imagining him reprimanding us with an Australian accent... I don't know why. It just does. I mean, I know Australians kick ass too... but.. heh. I'm stupid.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

honestly, im surprised that i havent been banned yet (for my recent behavior).
    a testament to james' tolerant nature, i suppose. goofyfish needs to come back to play "bad cop" or something.....maybe then idiots like myself wouldnt go on month long stupidity benders......

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Crikey! You drongos need a bit of boofo.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Drogos? Boofo?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If I ran my own forum, you would be banned 3 days at a time everytime I felt like it. But permaban? Mostly reserved for spammers and those that threaten death.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

yeah, me too.
    what is this james?

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

and those that cry too much.

16. You have to ingest vast quantities of Vegemite (Marmite in the UK) first in oder to understand Oz. It's not so much a law, it just helps...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2006
  17. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Death threats are generally not tolerated in society either, some of course have spent time in jail for their threats. Yet you are showing some tolerance by not banning perplexity, do we all get to make a single death threat to another member?

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

i wouldn't worry about it. perplextitty has sealed his own fate with this latest tantrum. no wonder water left, i now know why.

19. imaplanck. Banned Banned

OK OK I would like to say sorry to Ron, he's alright

It was just a bit of a laugh.
    Ron Is the man.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, what I did was much worse than a death threat.
    Yes, it was really bad of me to change the avatar immediately when this thread was erected.
    Yes, it was really bad of me to react to the trolls.

I'm the worst.

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Hilarious.

Not just these bits - the whole thread.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (I've even said that before, in the same context, and have just said it again): I love these back-biting bitchfest threads.

I was going to say that I wish all of Sciforums was like this but, of course, it's the fact that all of Sciforums isn't like this that makes threads like this one so funny.

Anyway, thanks to all for being, on occasion, highly entertaining.

But wait, Daddy has spoken and now here come the tears...

22. Bells Staff Member

Hmmm.. So why are YOU threatening to sue? Your wife took the photo, therefore she is the rightful and lawful owner. Not you.

You pathetic little runt!

I have rarely seen stupidity on this scale in this forum. And believe me, I've been here a while and have seen my share of idiots come and go through here. But you take the cake. You've gone from stalking a poor woman on this forum to now threatening bodily harm to another member? It would seem that there is a silent 'Mo' in your name.

So you really are this unattractive and gormless looking in real life?

Has spurious profitted in any way by using your image in this forum? I'm guessing the answer to that is no. Has he distributed it outside this forum? Ermm I'd have to guess no again as why would he want to. Has the owner of this forum asked your wife permission to use the image on his own forum, since this is where your image is appearing and subject to copyright issues? I'm guessing that David has better things to do with his time.

You do realise that courts hate spurious claims? Courts detest it when peons sue for no good reason and take up the courts time and resources... you do know this don't you? Plus you do know that you have no way of filing against Spurious, since you do not know his real identity and you have no way of proving that it was he who used the image of you and not someone else who may have access to his password and this site. Now in light of all of this, if you really wanted to whine, you should have just whispered an officer and asked them to please stop another member from using your avatar since you don't like it, instead of making a public fool of yourself and instead of threatening other members like a retard.

I am guessing that this sort of thing happens to you often. I can see why.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

Learn to read, James;

Nowhere did I deny the content of the Berne convention James, just that it grants informal copyright, and the regulations of certain sites can override that informal protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.