Corona Virus 2019-nCoV

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Quantum Quack, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

As it stands just over 50% of UK residents have been inoculated. Border management will always be on their agenda but the arrival of the Indian variant will no doubt be used by the government to reduce vaccine resistance. Lock downs are now subject to the political and somewhat genuine desire to increase inoculations.

The vaccine roll out gives Boris J. the ability to plan to open up the economy and I do not think he will go for a hard border closure...not now any how.
    The other thing to consider is that the UK is dependent on imports from the EU for many essential needs and to disrupt that again after the Brexit thingo would be cause for concern.

Because of significant vaccine uptake in the USA lock downs of states ( if even possible) is not going to happen and again any outbreak will justify more people getting inoculated which is what the government wants any how.

Here in Australia we have very poor uptake of inoculation, mainly because we haven't had any local transmission of concern for many months and people generally feel no rush ( except front line medical staff etc.) Of course we only need to have one major outbreak and vaccination resistance will diminish...

The Australian Federal government is being pressured to spend huge money on specialized dedicated quarantine facilities ( mainly for repatriation -India -World etc) but would no doubt be arguing that the billions needed would be wasted if only inoculations were more comprehensive. Basically Australia can not maintain it's isolation from the world for too long ( Hospitality industry, tourism, international University students etc) and will have to open it's borders sooner than later.

In all cases the world is relying on the effectiveness of their respective inoculation campaigns and the long term benefit of vaccines.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

variant B.1.617
    reaches 50 confirmed cases of community transmission in aussie it will be a confirmed statistical kill.
    with a kill rate of around 3%
    with 50 community transmissions it will be the cause of avoidable death for 1 Australian

• The WHO has advised against using location-based terms for variants, and has designated an official name for the variant first detected in India: B.1.617

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Yeah...Melbourne is under a 7 day circuit breaker lock down as of Friday..(5 reasons to leave home, mandatory masks etc. type lock down) Over 3000 close contacts and 150 odd tier 1 hot spot locations involved (including in my suburb) and well ... it is back to playing video games and video streaming...and experimenting in the kitchen...
    Originated from hotel quarantine transmission in South Australia.
    ====
    Update: 35 confirmed cases as of this morning...no news on illness severity or ICU take up...( that I am aware of)
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-29/victoria-covid-outbreak-day-two-of-lockdown/100175774

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

holy sweat baby jeebus

just like that

aside from lynch mob politics
    it would be nice to know how it got out & if that is human error
    or if it is a development in the virus

hotel professionals have a hard enough job trying to control normal guests
    military controlling people who think they are soo special they should not be quarantined or follow basic instructions is a hard yard stick to measure anything by.
    that's why these things with critical outcomes need to be managed by government military
    they are trained to control life or death
    and that's what it is

political spin & blame games around budget games wont bring the dead back to life.

keeping in mind this new strain is a lot more contagious and potential more lethal(viral loading?)

NOTE global/guess/mine
    as covid starts to really get going in the middle east & africa
    aussie will probably start to see a great deal more people smugglers trying to get entire boat loads of covid killers onto aussie land(pushed through Asia into aussie)
    probably a fine weather thing

all the rich aristocrat do gooders living in cash packed ivory towers can give away all their own money houses and food to over sees refugee camps if they want
    nothing stopping them
    working class dont have that luxury to choose not to have their income wiped out and life put at risk and the death of a family member to covid.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Because it is
    • inaccurate
    • countyist
    • country shaming
    • offensive
    • easy for people to understand but we should be more scientific and learn technical details
    • BE AWARE B.1.617 variant was first detected in India and
    • make your travel plans accordingly
    Go stuff your official names up your official fundimental

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Melbourne
    2 social media celebrity's advertise they are fleeing lock down
    aussie govt trying to find 500 returnees to test for covid

anti-vaxer/lockdown protests

today is going to be a big day as more tests come in

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Bali

With balls up like these I'm never going to get home

May as well make arrangements to die here

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

For those who live in Australia, does it feel like the lockdown is going on a little too long? I don't think your vaccination rate is even very high is it?

By way of comparison, I live in King County (Seattle) and 70% have had one vaccination (and presumable soon will go for the second vaccination). About 63% are completely vaccination. By age, it's pretty high until you get below age 40.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Cat got your tongue?

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Who?

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

statistically you may be safer where you are

given the increased risk of traffic accidents in larger citys etc...

playing lap-dancing favours for business is a big problem

when big business has its robot super hand in the till
    the cashier cant do anything without the robots approval

this never ending lap-dancing private corporation concepts is continually leaving holes in the system

my main concern is 2 things
    1 the anti-vaxers becoming political movers & shakers by being some new alt-right swing vote winner new street walker on the corner at cheap rates, no insurance & no protections or regulations.
    2 business seeking to monetize covid deaths against their own profit margins to make their profit a human rights recipient

while community cry for a dozen needles deaths
    corporations cry about how they too have made less profit and how that is soo terribly bad
    (they have already done this countless times in global media)

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

You. There was no post for a while. You have a limited use of the English language don't you (I'm not even sure it's English).

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Fell over December last year in Pizza Hut Bali Galleria when became tangled in stupid queue barrier. The area was to small to require as it made the space smaller by taking up the space of 1 customer

Fractured left shoulder and no money, $1,800 for operation. Waiting for repair Darwin Hospital

On way to shopping back girlfriend Inul motorbike. Stationery and back run into by another motorbike. Some damage to their motorbike plastic body none to ours

Checked other rider, was OK. Lucky Inul and myself stayed upright

On way to shopping coming out of hotel about to go onto road from pavement if we would have gone without Inul looking left would have been hit by motorbike traveling wrong way

safer where you are sure

Still Inul has both her shots and working on getting mine. Neither have had symptoms but neither have been tested

Cheers from my hotel prison

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Only a couple of cats in the area. Checked both. No

I use a stylus to operate Oppo mobile phone keyboard anyway

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

so... we have the latest and greatest mutations floating around here in Melbourne as we are being forced into a 2nd week of lock down.
    Both the Kappa and Delta varieties have been recorded.
    The outbreak now stands at 70 cases and seems to be reasonably well contained, but only because travel and social distancing restrictions are in force.

22. Saint Valued Senior Member

Malaysia still worse, no recovery, everyday 5000 to 6000 new cases, our population is only 32 millions.

23. candy Valued Senior Member

Saint I hope that some people are recovering. Sometimes it can be a long haul and very slow but you can recover.