Corona Virus 2019-nCoV

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Quantum Quack, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Delmicron is coming, I worry that our vaccines will be effectless.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Shut up.

exchemist likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

accident rates

children
    teens
    young adults

cabin fever
    lack of freedom
    mental confines

its a perfect storm for a terrible accident season in the height of the summer holidays
    (including more road accidents i expect judging speeds in your mind while driving requires constant practice)

so if that happens
    it will add pressure to hospitals

it does not have to be lethal
    or make people sick
    it just has to have an effect

maybe it will cause a new wave of infections because it damages peoples body's ability to fight infection
    or maybe malaria will get worse
    maybe anyone who catches covid
    will now become critically sick if they catch malaria in-spite of all the drugs

just using that as an example
    its just all theory
    no one really knows that's why its soo concerning

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

or maybe, it will turn every one into blood sucking zombies!!!!
    Best wishes for the New Year and the start of the Zombie Apocalypse...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Just had a quick look at the Moscow times. They are reporting a staggering 82% rise in fatalities from all causes for the month of November.
    82% is a massive increase on top of all the previous record increases.
    Just trying to get my head around such a figure is a real challenge.

9. Bells Staff Member

That would depend on how many they are reporting are dying from COVID to begin with.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/russia/

Scroll down to trends and look at the graph for deaths.

By the end of November, it was around just under 3,000 deaths per day.. That appears to have dropped down to less than 1,000 per day..

They may have hit their peak and those numbers will keep going down.

They have also had a lot more people vaccinated over the last month, and they are up to around 50% or so.

Look at the actual figures.

Again, look at the actual figures.

The number dying each day is actually going down.

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

The ultimate comment on 2021 year of COVID-19

NT News newspaper 31 December 2021

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Deaths from all causes?? (not just Covid19)
    The reason I mentioned it was because Russia has been fudging it's covid stats from the get go so looking at the total deaths from all causes MAY BE more of value. If hospitals are overwhelmed then total fatalities from all variety of causes would go up. But 83% up on top of previous monthly records is pretty nasty I would think.
    And no I haven't read the entire article. ( I have a daily headline and short feed that I get emailed)
    Sorry if I have confused you...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  12. Bells Staff Member

Since this is a thread on COVID, yes, deaths from COVID.

Unless you are able to extrapolate the mortality figures for everything else, such as heart attacks, cancers, liver disease, suicide, accidents, homicides, etc, then looking at the overall stat is not really worthwhile this year.

I say this year because you also have to factor in suicides and homicide increases (if there are any) since COVID spread and lockdowns began.

Looking at one article on Moscow Times, they suggest the excess is due to COVID or may be due to that. Since you failed to provide any supporting evidence, here is a link and a quote from the article:

The record figure for November — equivalent to around 4,000 more fatalities a day than was recorded in the same month before the coronavirus outbreak — comes as the country faced a punishing fourth wave of the virus and nationwide vaccination rates remained low.

[...]

The Rosstat statistics service recorded a total of 257,242 fatalities during November 2021. That was 115,961 — or 82% — more than during November 2019, surpassing October as the most deadly month since the start of the pandemic and becoming the latest in a stream of fatality records which have been broken in the past 18 months.

Some 80,126 deaths were officially due to Covid-19, Rosstat said — more than double the number first reported by Russia’s nationwide coronavirus task force, which publishes a daily tally of virus cases and deaths.

But again, this is just an estimate.

Given their low vaccination rates, it's not unexpected that they will see the death toll rising from COVID. This is what happens when you have a country led by a psycho and a population that is mostly distrusting of anything they are told by anyone..

It's a pandemic and you have a population who are anti-vaxxers and pitch fits at every measure imposed to try to control the tsunami of cases in the country.

They are going through a 4th wave.

But we still don't know their true death toll from COVID. And we probably never will.

13. Saint Valued Senior Member

It is clear that Covid-19 virus is created by the biology lab of US, initially planted the virus in Wuhan China, intended to kill more chinese.
    But spread to the whole world and killed more white people.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

A great conspiracy theory! Do you believe the Earth is flat, as well? How about the microchip trackers in the vaccine that Bill Gates put there so that the New World Order could track you?

And how about the reptilians? Do you believe that alien reptilians are running the US government, and running secret pedophile sex rings where children are taken and killed so that Hillary Clinton can drink their blood in the basements of pizza places? That's a good one.

pjdude1219 likes this.
  15. candy Valued Senior Member

16. Saint Valued Senior Member

Is pendemic over?
    Now is endemic?

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What evidence do you rely on to reach that "clear" conclusion?

Please summarise it. Links might be useful. If you cannot or will not, you should retract your empty claim. Otherwise, you might be accused of trying to spread disinformation.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Spent productive time with pleasant lady at Medicare this morning and attached vaccination certificate linked to passport

Pissed off using the American date configuration

Still other problems to tackle before able to fly back Bali

Work on them

19. LaurieAG Registered Senior Member

I was trying to add the vaccine certificate to my Check In app via the Mygov Medicare app, their instructions were very poor, and I wondered why they needed my passport information. LOL, before I knew it I had an International certificate as well.

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Mygov were telling me my password was not strong enough

Wanted a selfie taken with the built-in their app camera to match my driver's licence and passport photos

The photos I sent - background not plain enough

Medicare took my Medicare card because it only have first name not also middle name like passport

Will get new card in about 2 weeks with both names to match Passport. Woopie

Chatting with friend here. You can tick a box to indicate you don't assign yourself a gender
    BUT
    your name on Medicare card and Passport better match

Cheers

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

False economy.
    Have been keeping a casual eye on what is happening in China with the recent long winded lock down of Shanghai (pop: 26.3 million) and was wondering if this zero tolerance approach is because the Chinese vaccines they have been using are essentially ineffective against the virus, especially later strains.

Given the enormous cost to their economy and global spin off, of this zero tolerance policy, I tend to think that their reluctance to make use of Western Vaccines is in part responsible for the current situations severity. That their desire to maintain vaccine production independence from the West may prove disastrous.

China, as well as the more than 90 nations that have received the Chinese shots, may end up in the third group, contending with rolling lockdowns, testing and limits on day-to-day life for months or years to come. Economies could remain held back. And as more citizens question the efficacy of Chinese doses, persuading unvaccinated people to line up for shots may also become more difficult. NYT

It will be interesting to see how this develops in the near future and how China and other similarly effected nations solve this problem.

It appears that both Sinovac and Sinopham, both approved for use in the global Covax program, while effective initially, may unfortunately prove the phrase "false economy" relevant.

Notes:

China : 1.4 billion
    Shanghai: 26.3 million
    Beijing: 21.5 million​

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

North Korea in trouble.

Latest news tells us that North Korea is in a bit of trouble with Covid 19. Apparently no vaccines and very poor medical support and over 350,000 "fever cases" of unknown origin.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05...-covid19-deaths-as-outbreak-spreads/101063110

Also USA reports a CF of over 1 million, a sad milestone yet to put it into perspective comes another rather daunting stat. that being annual opioid related over dose deaths (Oxycodone, Fentanyl etc...)
    78,056 ending April 2020.
    92,000 ending April 2021.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2021/20211117.htm