Corona Virus 2019-nCoV

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Quantum Quack, Jan 29, 2020.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

How should I know?
    They're your posts, dude. You're the one with the obsession.
    Or go away, in your case.
    Since you realize you are wasting your time here, and you can't change, why stick around?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'm sticking around for the friendly environment and the excellent conversation of course.

Xelasnave.1947 and wegs like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

08/07/2020
    Brazilian President tests positive for COVID-19
    Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for coronavirus after months of downplaying the virus's severity.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...lsonaro-positive-coronavirus-covid19/12432578

Brazil
    CFR : 65,556
    growth about: 650 deaths per day. (that would be 237,250 per year)

A man who could be accused of single handed destruction of Brazil's COVID response and leading to the unnecessary deaths of thousands because of it...
    May be the people of the USA could find some similarities, with Donald Trump's leadership into the disaster facing the USA at present.
    I truly hope that Bolsonaro survives his acquired illness so that he can be held to account for his folly...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

rich people problems

he probably doesn't have it, (possibly a trial vaccine not the live virus)

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It looks colorful. I'd like the yellow one up on the hill or maybe the red one in the middle.

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Down playing the virus vs the reality of it - I don't get what drives these ''leaders?'' I use that term, loosely. I mean, they clearly want people to believe them, over reality. They clearly want to portray the situation as not that bad, because they want the economy moving again (Trump's case), as that is what they hung their successes on. But, the economy goes through cycles, I'm not sure that Trump had much to do with the upswing of the economy, pre-Covid19.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I guess it is that when they are about to lose everything they cherish, in this case money, it tends to distort their sense of reality...and prioritize accordingly..

"The false God Mammon will have the last laugh"

wegs likes this.
  11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/08/us/tulsa-covid-trump-rally-contact-tracers-trnd/index.html

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, when the economy is doing well, it's 100% Trump's doing. But when the economy falters it's Obama or China or AOC or BLM or the liberals or whatever. That's how politics works.

15. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Presidents rarely do just as racial leaders rarely have anything to do with minority lives getting better. They are more vested in fanning the "racist" flames to keep themselves in business.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

• 10-07-2020

The full section of Tedros' remarks that prompted his show of emotion:

"My friends, make no mistake. The greatest threat we face now is not the virus itself.

"Rather, it's the lack of leadership and solidarity at the global and national levels. That's why I said earlier, each and every individual should reflect. This is a tragedy that is forcing us to miss many of our friends and lose many lives. And we cannot defeat this pandemic as a divided world.

"The COVID-19 pandemic is a test of global solidarity and global leadership. The virus thrives on division, but is thwarted when we unite.

"How is it difficult for humans to unite and fight a common enemy that is killing people indiscriminately? Are we unable to distinguish or identify the common enemy? Can't we understand that the divisions and the cracks between us are an advantage for the virus. I think I do not need to remind you because we all know that these are the basics.

"My hope is that the defining crisis of our age will likewise remind all people that the best way forward – and the only way forward – is together. These are the basics, but the time-tested truth. 'Together' is the solution unless we want to give the advantage to the enemy, to the virus, that has taken the world hostage, and this has to stop.

"I thank you."

src: https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...an-coronavirus-who-chief-says-in-emotional-sp

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

worst case scenario thoughts usa south America
    covid19 does some kinda weird thing like zika how it crosses the blood brain barrier and gets into spinal fluid
    something that mutates in utero & infects women that then mutates the baby when the woman becomes pregnant

im not sure if zika & corona-virus can mix together

however... the longer corona virus is allowed to incubate in perfect hosts like children in large groups ...
    it makes me wonder if that will accelerate the possible chance of another leap

what is quite disconcerting is the opening up of too much too fast
    and seeing the infection rates climb so quickly

usa & UK & Europe need to slow down and start looking at putting teams into south America to try and start field research

if they think it is bad now, wait until their flu season starts if it is still running in the background
    normal flu on top of corona virus might be zombie apocalypse(mass nation wide infection out of control) level stuff
    might not
    but seems like an massive risk to be just leaning on the fence and watch the dice get rolled faster and faster

IF covid19 crosses that barrier and effects babys in utero
    ... imagine the current infection rate and those women who are getting pregnant and the massive strain on the medical system not to mention massive damage to the population
    psychologically & in resources

the next couple of months could be decisive in IF America will be barred from over seas travel to all other countrys

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

deleted : Badly phrased.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    RainbowSingularity likes this.
  19. billvon Valued Senior Member

No wonder Trump hates him. His only remaining (slim) chance for re-election is to divide the US and foster hate.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  20. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Good name for a song

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

(random[it appears vaguely linked but i think its not] garment factory picture from google)

it takes quite a skill set to work in those type of conditions and maintain technical standards

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/11/health/coronavirus-los-angeles-apparel-factory-closed/index.html

note text style & size doesn't seem to work when it is quoted
    it then over rites the total field of text style and size

if this is true(im sure many are playing politics to try and blame everyone else)

it might be quite a liability culpable manslaughter([?]) etc etc

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

its not lethal enough

watched a short news clip of a ridiculously fat women & a man who looked like a gormles twat
    the woman said
    "corona-virus is 99.6% recoverable[which is why they wont wear masks & want to go out & do things & have the state open up]"

what they are saying is "its not our problem"
    which is typical American culture

a little of the irony is the Broken windows
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory
    which was used to validate the removal of probable cause to search people
    stop & frisk (stop & sexually molest)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City

people were watching people get mugged on the streets and doing nothing
    they would walk past people being robbed
    etc etc
    "don't get involved" was the social culture

meanwhile trade unions were being systematically targeted(irony or intent?)

new york seems to have managed to turn a corner in evolution which is great
    long way to go like most im sure

but that same social culture of "its not my problem" exists as a normal American culture in many parts of the usa

i Think Texas & Florida are about to learn how "not my problem" becomes
    "i cant get into the hospital because its full and the ambulances are taking so long that all the older people wont get one because they dont have the priority, even though they pay for medical insurance"

its a total collapse of the culture & system all in one
    its quite fascinating

only the rich and powerful will get medical treatment in Texas & Florida fairly soon

a mass cull of all those aging "its not my problem" people might do the country good

many community minded civil folk will be denied medical care & die... like always casualties of social culture
    unfortunately that wont include any of the politicians and "business leaders" who design and run the system

the big push for a vaccine by most usa politicians is just about making money
    has nothing to do with delivering health care to the masses
    they dont believe in universal health care so its self evident

no surprise radicalism is increasing under the failed system that is so obviously failing

a reporter mention only 70 people per day were dying of corona-virus
    once she said it she realized how t sounded and attempted to correct herself
    but the Freudian slip was done
    and the point was made

its just not enough dead civilians to worry most Americans
    its the same number as opioid over dose deaths per day

no one can tell Americans how to America
    they seem to be quite keen to not have any help and do it all by themselves

Texas has lots of land where they can bury all the bodies
    but not in Florida
    its all swampland

i wonder if being ridiculously fat in america is a sign of wealth used instead of being able to afford large amounts of gold and designer label items
    it sure is a poor trade off considering how much shorter it makes your life
    but that is their freedom and liberty
    its not childrens freedom and liberty

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020