Could gravity be made by electromagnetism?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Electro522, Dec 7, 2011.

1. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I hear you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Electro522 Registered Senior Member

Pincho, so far I have seen post on two of my threads about you not being able to use your own theory of gravity. Could you explain to me what it is? I am extremely curious since I am very interested in things like this.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I can get banned for posting my ideas in a science thread, unless science has no answer. Science has theories of Magnetism, so I can't mess around with it in here. There are two rooms for new ideas. Alternative Theories, and Pseudo-Science. I suppose you can ask a question in those rooms. You won't like the answer anyway.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Then why is the universe expanding (acceleratingly) if gravity is always attractive? Is it possible that gravity may become repulsive over very large distances?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

pluto2:

What I said wasn't quite true. With a cosmological constant in Einstein's gravitational equations, you can have repulsive gravity. The cause of the constant is given the name "dark energy" these days. It's a part of the theory I don't really understand very well. Maybe somebody else can help.