Could we create the perfect world?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Holly-May Leslie, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Slow Joe seems to agree with his open boarder idea. Might even be encouraging people to come in with the stuff handed out

Perhaps a few more Statue of Liberty posted on various boarders might encourage even more. Apart from boarder crossers there are the overstayers of visas making up a large section of persons who like being in America because conditions are better than their own country

Try to get funding (a la Greta Thunberg) to the world

Please keep in touch with a post card on your travels

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

C'mon! Coward!

You've been lurking these forums, but no response to me?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Who me? I have been getting so many messages that I think I missed about a quarter of them. Sorry. I promise I am not a coward.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Okay.
    I don't plan on sending any post cards per se though. What is this about getting funding to the world? Who is slow Joe?

8. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Easy. turning huge swathes of land into public parks. I doubt that this would result in war per se.

I think that people should be able to organize their governments how they like too, and with the same criteria as you outline.

9. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Okay. The lock downs were a form of dictatorship though. Sorry if I was too rude or something.

10. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

It can, but it doesn't always. I assumed that you meant it in the sense of more proud and self confident than normal, since it would be redundant for you to say that I was being too much of a word which already meant too much of something.

11. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

1: Well, thankfully I don't care about being omniscient.
    2: Okay. Brilliant. Most people will probably want to get the vaccine anyway. What do you mean by stage left/right etc?
    3: You funny thing.

12. Bells Staff Member

Not according to any definition of "dictatorship".

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

If China wanted to turn California into a public park and evict the people, I suspect we might have a less than peaceful response.
    How so? How is that different than closing a restaurant because they can't follow basic sanitary guidelines?

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Source?

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Get funding from the world, as per Greta, to travel the world, as per Greta, but preaching get rid of countries. Greta has climate change covered
    Slow Joe = current President USA

Dictatorship bit harsh. Sensible Public Health policy, you know the reason people elected them to Government to make policy to cover situations as they arise

Of course a lockdown dictatorship does apply to those countries already a dictatorship

Poetic licence of expression
    3. You funny thing "- blushing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  16. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Rational analysis is different from English because it involves math and pattern recognition also. These are the only ways in which it is different. You also mentioned being able to analyze what you read and/or write.

It actually is, because it allows me to refine my idea's by being corrected and having them elaborated upon, which is why I do it so often.

I haven't defined that yes. I was speaking about what is objectively crooked and wrong here. Anyway, as for what I consider wrong, that is: bossiness, neediness, vulgarity, stupidity, naysaying, and my roman nose, and that pretty much covers it.

It's not much like that. It tends to focus more on the utopian side of things than the handmaid's tale does and it also pretty much makes fun of everything.

I am actually extremely adept at English. I gave my self instructions on how to speak in order to get my point across. They were: Separate all truth from all falsity in whatever you encounter. Separate all sure from all unsure in whatever you say. Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the relevant truth. Respond to opinions with either an agreement or a disagreement. Think the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the relevant truth.
    I also acquired an extensive vocabulary because I tended to read a lot when I was younger.
    I wouldn't say that my comments are inane per se, except for the one's meant to make fun of things. In my opinion, none of them are inane except for the one's intended as jokes.

I understood what was written. I was just under the impression that you were implying that I was weak.
    I will never miss English class.

Okay. Maybe it is.
    It doesn't.

It is that nobody is a challenge for me verbally, because for one thing I don't care about being wrong, and for another thing I argue perfectly, because of my aforementioned instructions on how to do so.
    Anyway, what is my "place?" Is that the same place that all of those pathetic losers including you have tried to put me in time and time again? That abstract hierarchical construct which makes them feel big? I reject hierarchical constructs.
    I rarely have a point about anything. So what?

Okay. I guess I might eventually.
    With needles and strong people.
    No, except that I think it should only apply to public roads, as a libertarian.
    For one thing I am never going to have a baby. Ew. For another thing I do think it is wrong to make people wear seat belts when they drive, but I do not think that the government is wrong that it makes the journey safer. It is true that just because the government says something doesn't mean it should happen. However, in a free country, if the government says that something is a rule, the chances are it should happen. In totalitarian countries the contrary applies. Authority does not guarantee that the entity possessing it makes good decisions.

I know the difference's between those words. I just wasn't paying proper attention to what I was writing whilst typing this and that is why I used the word their where it wasn't the right word to use and the word there was. I will learn to pay better attention to things.
    The way I educate myself about things is by making ridiculous statements and having them ridiculed. I don't mind it. I am not lazy. I know English rather well. As for the laws, I am sure I can find sufficient loopholes in them if it comes to that, but I don't plan on plagiarizing so I doubt it will.
    Okay. Perhaps they will.
    I'm not. I do. That is why I can solve various Rubik's cube's and debate really well and do a handstand for more than 10 seconds and bend right over forwards and backwards and play various musical instruments at an advanced level and solve complicated math problems. I will take everything that I want from this life. There is only a little bit left to go.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

I have discovered that, whenever anyone approaches a new challenge, there are three main phases:

1) "Wow this is really hard!"
    2) (after about 50 hours of effort) "I got this! I am great at X! It wasn't so hard after all." This is the scariest time as an instructor, especially when the student is doing something that can be dangerous, because they are really not very good at it yet.
    3) "Hmm, this seems harder than I thought, and X is so much better than I am, and I can't seem to do as well as them. I must be missing something." Then you know they're going to be OK.

It's hard to become good at something, and an early decision that you're almost there can be self-defeating. (IMO)

18. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

Okay. I don't think I would need funding from the whole world per se. I think just getting it from my boss would probably suffice. Why do you call Joe slow?

19. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

It's not a decision. There is just not much that I want that I lack anymore. Sure, overestimating oneself can be dangerous. Underestimating oneself is dangerous.

20. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

22. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

More than necessary does not mean too much. It means more than is needed for something. My comprehension is barely limited, and once I have trained myself a little more it wont be at all. Anyway, words are very vague things sometimes, with so many different layers of meaning. Are you by any chance a troll?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  23. Holly-May Leslie Registered Member

I have something else I propose for making the world better in general. It's getting rid of fiat currency and replacing it with trade via silver and gold because there is no known way to make silver or gold, and it is very hard to find, so neither would get significantly devalued, unlike money, which can be devalued through inflation.