Counting down to a true New Year celebration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by youreyes, Jan 3, 2017.

1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I am not a president nor do I plan on becoming one.

And most importantly I do not have the authority to act or consult on my own intent regarding government actions, just like the ex-fired liberal hero did.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In other words you know full well you are baselessly attacking Obama without having any of the facts and are trying desperately to control a narrative you know nothing about... Pure propaganda in other words...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You will, of course back this slanderous claim with evidence that the Nobel Prize is something to be "bought"

I'm going to bed, given that it's 4am and I should have been asleep hours ago...

8. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Didn't I list Obama's mishaps in another thread already? Or you want me to say what I would have done had I been president? Well I tell you what I would have done, exactly 100% of what Trump is doing now.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Interesting to read Obama's speech in response to the award.

Obama said he was "surprised" and "deeply humbled" by the award. He stated that he does not feel he deserved the award,[14] and that he did not feel worthy of the company the award would place him in. In remarks given at the White House Rose Garden on the day of the announcement, Obama stated, "I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments but rather an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations."[15]

"Throughout history, the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes," Obama said. "And that is why I will accept this award as a call to action — a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century." He said those common challenges included the goal of eliminating nuclear weapons (which he said might not occur in his lifetime), nuclear proliferation, climate change, tolerance "among people of different faiths and races and religions", peace between and security for Israelis and Palestinians, better social conditions for the world's poor, including "the ability to get an education and make a decent living; the security that you won't have to live in fear of disease or violence without hope for the future." The United States, he said, is "a country that's responsible for ending a war and working in another theater to confront a ruthless adversary that directly threatens the American people and our allies."[15]

The award, he said, "must be shared with everyone who strives for justice and dignity — for the young woman who marches silently in the streets on behalf of her right to be heard even in the face of beatings and bullets; for the leader imprisoned in her own home because she refuses to abandon her commitment to democracy [referring to Aung San Suu Kyi]; for the soldier who sacrificed through tour after tour of duty on behalf of someone half a world away; and for all those men and women across the world who sacrifice their safety and their freedom and sometime their lives for the cause of peace."[15] He did not take questions from reporters after giving his statement.

Obama announced early that he would donate the full 10 million Swedish kronor (about US$1.4 million) monetary award to charity.[16] The largest donations were given to the housing charity Fisher House Foundation who received $250,000, and the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund which received $200,000. Eight organizations which support education also received a donation. $125,000 was donated to the College Summit, the Posse Foundation, the United Negro College Fund, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation, and the American Indian College Fund. $100,000 was donated to Africare, and the Central Asia Institute.[17][18]

10. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

East Coast...Virginia...

I will get back to you on Nobel Peace Prizes and their war achievements

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

youreyes, how is Trump supporting the nuclear non proliferation when he reckons if they want them let them have them...?

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So, you would violate the US Constitution by implementing a Religious Test for entry into the United States... in other words, you are a traitor.

Glad we cleared that up.

13. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Ehhh? He is advocating to cut nuclear missiles

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

his main leverage over the USA military is his "promises" to boost spending and make them "great again".
    So Trump is the man with the plan......( who don't give a damn) and the military love the idea of being big again.....see "politicians lie" to get votes and Trump just keeps on lying.

15. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

What religious test? Can't you stay on facts and not liberal bias? There are much more muslim countries out there and they didnt get banned, so how does that fit into your demonizing the Trump plan?

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Uhm ... youreyes can I ask you how old you are?

17. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Um Quantum Quack did I ever personalize our conversation? No. So, No. Stay on topic, on celebrating Trump's presidency.

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

OK
    Do you agree with Trumps exception to his ban from those nations?
    Specifically that Christian s would be excepted.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I can sense u r really struggling. Take your time

20. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I agree that Mr. Trump, as a democratically elected president of USA, has sufficient security information supplied to him by all applicable agencies to make the best choice for the best of the nation, to secure the border and safeguard the citizens of USA he has sworn to protect. Lets get to facts:

So far...109 people have been detained out of 325,000...thats hardly an apartheid on specific religious group, wouldn't you think?

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/facts-on-trumps-immigration-order/

21. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Facts take time to research or would you rather hear my opinions on the issue, which are predominantly conservative and pro-Trump as you may have guessed by now?

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

So answer the question. Did he make an exception for Christians?

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Should be easy to research. Common knowledge.