Courage not cowardice; balls not bluster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Xelor, Apr 23, 2018.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

doesn't it always seem like the people most against gun control are the people least able to control themselves. he is not the first pro gun advocate i've seen on this site that seems to have serious anger-management and self control issues.

on a side note i've always felt blocking people was an addmission that one wasn't able to control ones self. funny how he blocks anyone who dares criticize him and his beliefs.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Whatever has been supposedly working in Texas all these years is best avoided by reasonable people. Texas is close to a failed State, living on the charity of California among other better run places.

In addition to corruption and poverty and racism and ignorance, Texas is also famous for bluster, btw - which brings up the subject of cowardice: waiting in the wings of all analyses of whatever has been happening to our second or third largest State.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I thought you already had me on ignore? Obviously you can't handle being criticized, or you would have simply ignored me from the very beginning without having to click any buttons. The funniest part in all this is how you pretend like you have something other people would actually want to kill you for or steal.

pjdude1219 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

actually texas is one if not the only red state that pays more out in federal taxes than it receives but that could just be to size and natural resources. That being said the gist of your argument is correct. red states are propped up by blue states.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Subtract the Defense Department boondoggle spending, subtract social security, add in the refused welfare, add in the corporate and agricultural subsidies, and it's in the red economically as well.
    That's without even counting things like the Iraq War.
    Texas is currently lobbying for the Federal government to build levees and dikes to protect its Federally subsidized Houston area fossil fuel industry from climate change searise. Not too often you see a leech with brass balls.

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

On the suggestion of another member, I chose to read the above pearls of wisdom. Unfortunately, those pearls were dipped in shit and rolled in post toasties.

I take it that some of you are professional mental health clinicians, since you're so free to diagnose me as someone with "issues"?

I prefer to just call you benighted fools, without offering a diagnosis. I think more than a few would agree.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

A lot of people use the "ignore" function (or threat of it) as a good way to attack someone. They don't actually _use_ it because that would deprive them of the enjoyment they get out of attacking others.

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I use it so I don't read idiocies too often. Here, at least, and I don't own a TV.

Problem nearly solved.

12. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I'm sure there are endless legions of toothless swamp folk who would agree with you, no argument there. Most of the disagreement comes from those whose security you want to jeopardize so you can feel safe in rooms with more than 1 person.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I frequently use Iggy because idiots frequently post idiot stuff

You can't discuss with idiots

It is a source of puzzlement, and mild amusement, to me to observe other people playing chess with pigeons

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

I have done so as well. But honestly some of what people post here is funny enough that it's worth it. River taking a strong stand against DHMO in vaccines? That was priceless.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

If I was still nursing i would invite him to a clinic where I was working and ask if he wished we remove all DHMO from his body

Payment in advance

After the treatment I would nominate him for a Darwin Award

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. gamelord Registered Senior Member

Here's the thing: Banning guns does not make anyone safer.
    It has been statistically proven that in cities like Chicago, banning guns increases the amount of crime.

Now for the rest of the gun deaths, such as accidental discharges or suicides, A. It is not our job to prevent suicide, humans should have the right to take their own life. B. accidental discharges are the result of idiots who dont understand basic gun safety, mostly accidental discharge victims are their own family members, so it is a blessing in disguise that those genes don't carry on any further.
    C. Many murders committed by guns are just as easily committed by poison or stabbings, I would rather be shot than poisoned.

So that leaves D. Mass murder shootings are the main reason people want to ban guns. Before mass murder shootings became mainstream, there was no mainstream talk of wanting to ban guns in America.
    Data on mass murder shootings is hard to find (I tried to find it before) and so the statistics on mass murders is hard to come by.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

And in Australia, banning many types of guns brings the mass casualty rate to almost zero.
    You think a 2 year old accidentally shot by a cousin, neighbor or friend is a "blessing in disguise?" I am VERY glad that you disagree with me on pretty much everything; I would not want to be anything like you.
    Mass shootings in the last 10 years in the US - 13 ("mass" = 3 more more deaths, as defined by the Violent Crimes Act of 2012)
    Mass poisonings in the last 10 years in the US - 0
    Mass stabbings in the last 10 years in the US - 1

The facts do not support your claim.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not really. It is often poorly analyzed, incomplete, etc, but (good enough) raw numbers are fairly easy to find - especially in First World countries with high quality medical care (they keep organized records of cause of death), of course, but even in the US they are available.
    The major difficulty I've had is with injury and significant miss data - the impact of gunshot wounds, being shot at, having bullets hit your car or the wall of your child's bedroom, etc, seems worth tracking. Outside of war zones and the US that kind of stuff is rare, inside the US and war zones it's hard to track.

The question in this thread would be the role of cowardice and bluster: comparing, say, someone who does not feel safe going shopping without a handgun because black people exist, with someone who does not feel safe going shopping because handgun owners exist.
    There's Flint, Michigan.

19. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

But I thought Flint was managed under the auspices of the flawless Democrat party and all the progressives.

I think they like lead poisoning. Look at Chicongo.

20. gamelord Registered Senior Member

I said family members only, and here you go on about neighbors or friends.
    But keep using straw man emotional red herring fallacies like so many people on these boards love to use. It seems like so many on this website are immune to the rules of debate.
    Also, I meant close family members only, as well.
    If an accidental discharge results in the death or injury outside of the gene pool, then that is unfortunate, but when it reduces the same gene pool that did the idiocy, then it is a blessing in disguise. I don't think you realize the sheer level of stupid, that has to be involved for an accidental discharge to happen. Car accidents only require a momentary lapse in awareness. Accidental discharges require a continuous and constant lack of awareness.

I guess what I said went over your head, not suprising.

I was saying that IF guns were banned, PEOPLE WOULD RESORT to poisonings.

Now I would say sorry, for not being more clear about that. But when I said the other thing, I was perfectly clear about it, but you still misinterpreted it anyway.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not only is this "thinking" typical of those who vote Republican, but it's shameless. Of course pig-ignorance is involved, but no education, no discovery of historical event and physical fact, no information or insight or second thoughts, will cause these people to be ashamed of what they have said and done in the past. They will not grow a pair, face their past, repent, and mend their ways. Ever.

They cannot be negotiated with, compromised with, or cooperated with, if democratic governance of a free country is the goal.
    They have to be beaten, straight up.

That's the bad news. We are governed by the weak, spineless , complicit, and blustering.

The good news is that they are about a third of the electorate. No more.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

No one died from poisoning in Flint, Michigan - nor was it intentional. It was a result of incompetence and criminal negligence, not due to any homicidal intent.

23. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

???

There have been at least 20 mass shootings (3 or more deaths) in 2018 alone, and more than 150 in 2018 by other definitions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

pjdude1219 likes this.