COVID-19 Source: Will we ever know?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Quantum Quack, May 5, 2020.

1. river

No

Just get tested . Then were good to go . Isolate , 14 days , for those that show a positive test result .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

More bullshit. Getting tested, while desirable, does not mean one will not get it the next day.
    And as usual, you fail to recognise anything I have said, and as usual, and as others have commented on, skirt the issue at hand.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Facts are, despite the less then credible reply to my post, that a South Pacific bubble will be created if numbers are kept low or zero, and the allowance of NZ citizens to now travel to Australia [NSW] is a start of that bubble.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Once tested , isolate those that test positive , as Taiwan did .

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Perhaps a re-think of your post might be in order.
    Brain fog is a very common condition these days... ( intractable problems tend to overwhelm mental capacity)
    Testing is not fool proof. Sometimes a few tests are needed... just to get an idea.
    At the moment given the state of play in the USA and Europe etc. a much more thorough quarantine process is needed before allowing entry.
    Even if Europe etc gets it's numbers down the risk to any safe haven has to be considered seriously. Too much money and health at stake. The lock down in Melbourne Au for example, has cost a massive amount for example. Billions lost because people didn't take it all seriously enough.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I tend to think that a "safe haven bubble" could work but it is going to be hell to manage properly.
    As we are currently discovering with Kiwis traveling to restricted locations.. ( for example)

10. river

Testing in Taiwan and then their response to the positive cases , isolation , and the extreme low Deaths , is proof that their approached worked , without shutting down the economy .

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

There were a number of reasons why Taiwan were/are so successful.
    The main one was their immediate and strong response to the epidemic happening in China ( prior to the WHO declaring a global pandemic)
    They employed very early in the pandemic a stringent and massive population wide quarantine strategy.
    Culturally Taiwan's population are compliant with government guidelines and as soon as a pandemic became possible mask wearing ( for example) was immediately instigated.
    So mainly they managed to shut the virus out before it managed to get established in the community as is the case with Europe and the USA etc...
    Similar happened here in Australia when the Federal Government shut down international travel and started using enforced hotel quarantine for arrivals. They then extended it to internal borders ( State)
    The immediate and tough response was the key to success.

http://www.internationalaffairs.org...cessfully-to-covid-19-a-case-study-of-taiwan/

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yep, certainly...but with regards to lockdowns, sometimes short term pain for long term gain.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. river

What Taiwan is showing , is an educated government , and an educated people , understand each other . Therefore they Trust each other , to do what is necessary , to survive ......they all , as a Country want to Survive .

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  14. river

Thanks QQ !! .

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I predict a South Pacific bubble, with Australia, NZ, Fiji and Tonga, by December the 1st.
    Full world air travel is at least 12 months off, and Oceanic cruises, probably longer.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Cultural homogeneity has an awful lot to do with it.
    A sort of hive mentality due to mono-culture-ism perhaps. The concept of individual freedom is very different, yet just as valid when compared to the West.
    But I think that they have much experience of importing deadly viruses from China that have trained the population into a rapid and immediate response collectively.

..and as much as this may be a controversial comment - they have a female president. (Competent women tend to prioritize health over wealth)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsai_Ing-wen

Men: "A wealthy society is a healthy society"
    Women: "A healthy society is a wealthy society"

river likes this.
  17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Daniel Andrews for PM!!!
    And Jacinta has won in a landslide in the NZ election results....a well deserved victory after keeping there figures low to zero.

18. river

Highlighted

Both are profound . Equally , because both are True , Equally .

Spirtuality and Wealth meet .

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

He is the leader for the moment..but PM ...hmmm..I am not so sure..
    He is suffering potential burn out from managing this crisis and he really needs to take a long break... IMO
    But one has to be amazed that he has lasted as long as he has given the stress involved.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

He has gone above and beyond...comprehensive reports and updates every day without fail.
    In fact my ties with the Labor party have informed me when this is over/subsided, and if Albo doesn't win the next Federal elections, then Andrewes will be asked to go Federal.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm very impressed with the way Andrews has handled this, and despite the fucking Sky News lies and more lies.

22. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I think the prices of travelling to a tourism destination is going to explode.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not sure if that's really valid. Places like Fiji and Tonga, both heavily depend on the tourist dollar...as do the airlines obviously.
    They certainly would not want to put it out of reach of people.