Covid -19 Vaccine, by Pfizer

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by river, Nov 22, 2020.

1. river

Does anybody know why the vaccine needs to be at -80 C° ?

It Seems kind of Odd .

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Or could it be Cold Biological Technology , is a completely New Way of Thinking of , Towards , Vaccienes that works really well . But Fragile .

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Why? Perhaps vaccines "decompose" for want of a better word, and some need be frozen [or lower temps] to slow that decomposition and keep them viable for longer.
    Nothing new, easy peasy! eg; the freezing of sperm for artificial insemination later on.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Perhaps

But why would the vaccine decompose ?

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No pretty certain, if lacking exact details, and as per the frozen sperm example and reasonings.
    Anyway google is your friend.....
    https://www.paho.org/immunization/t...hapter5-Vaccine-Storage-and-Handling.pdf?ua=1

https://theconversation.com/keeping...hard-but-likely-key-to-ending-pandemic-146071

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...accine-need-to-be-kept-colder-than-antarctica

9. river

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Stop looking at the pretty pictures on the net, and read fully all the links I have given you.

11. river

I did , you didn't answer my question .

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You need to read it all again and remove the blind folds.

13. river

Na , you need to explain it all again .

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sorry river, perhaps someone else may chose to babysit you.
    Or rip your blind fold off!

15. river

pad , you just don't have an opinion . What do you think of these sites etc. What do they think and why ?

16. river

So tell us pad , why is the storage at -80C° for this vaccine ?

There is a deeper story here ( Not a " bad " thing , just curious ) .

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The links answer your question river.
    https://www.paho.org/immunization/t...hapter5-Vaccine-Storage-and-Handling.pdf?ua=1
    Vaccine Storage Temperatures Vaccines are fragile. They must be maintained at the temperatures recommended by vaccine manufacturers and protected from light at every link in the cold chain. Most live virus vaccines tolerate freezing temperatures, but deteriorate rapidly after they are removed from storage. Inactivated vaccines can be damaged by exposure to temperature fluctuations (e.g., extreme heat or freezing temperatures). Potency can be adversely affected if vaccines are left out too long or exposed to multiple temperature excursions (out-of-range temperatures) that can have a cumulative negative effect. It is a good idea to post a sign on the front of the storage unit(s) indicating which vaccines should be stored in the freezer and which should be stored in the refrigerator.
    Freezer All varicella-containing vaccines should be stored in a continuously frozen state at the manufacturer mended freezer temperature until administration. All varicella-containing vaccines (VAR, Varivax; ZOS, Zostavax; and MMRV, ProQuad) should be stored between between -58°F and +5°F (-50°C and -15°C). The measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (MMR) can be stored either in the freezer or the refrigerator. Storing MMR in the freezer with MMRV may help prevent inadvertent storage of MMRV in the refrigerator. Refrigerator All inactivated vaccines require refrigerator storage temperatures between 35°F and 46°F (2°C and 8°C), with a desired average temperature of 40°F (5°C). The following live attenuated vaccines must also be kept at refrigerator temperature: influenza (LAIV, FluMist); rotavirus (RV1, Rotarix and RV5, RotaTeq); typhoid (Ty21-A, Vivotif); and yellow fever (YF-Vax). Review each manufacturer’s instruc - tions in the product information for vaccine specific storage temperatures. Before reconstitution with diluent, all varicella-containing vaccines can be stored at refrigerator temperature between 35°F and 46°F (2°C and 8°C) for up to 72 continous hours. Contact the vaccine manufacturer and/or your local or state immunization program for guidance before discarding any refrigerated varicella-containing vaccine that cannot be used within 72 hours. -
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    At this stage river, I've helped you all I can. As I stated in my first post, I'm no expert, but I do have confidence in science and the reputable links I have given.
    You? that's another story I'll leave for you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In the meantime, you need to watch this 7 minuite video

Perhaps drawing a long bow, it may do some good!

18. river

Why pad ? Why the very low temperatures ?

Nobody has explained this in detail .

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

To reduce the rate of chemical activity to a level such that the vaccine is still useful when it gets to its destination.

20. river

What chemical activity is reduced ?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As detailed in the links and references when things get to such low temperatures and the "slowing down" effect or as billvon says, "chemical activity" is reduced.
    Try freezing yourself and see....and of course since you have ignored the examples and links, the same reason sperm is frozen.

22. river

What chemical activity is reduced pad , answer the question .

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm out river. I don't believe you are genuine in your query. Byeee.