Cows Align Themselves to the Northern Magnetic Field

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Reiku, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

But they would switch sides...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Cows are just like humans - they don't like to move unless they have to. And a resting cow, unlike horses, will be lying down. It takes a lot of effort for them to get up just to reverse directions. (Ever tried to make one get up so you could move her? Takes a lot of effort on YOUR part, too.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Can't say I've had the pleasure.
    I'm a city boy.
    I was floored the first time I ever heard a cow "hiss" one day when I got a little too close to a rancher's fence.
    She was an aggressive bitch.

I wonder what they would come up with if they checked time of day and local temperatures and compared that to whether they were facing North or South.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ah, yes. They did.

Well, the cows I've seen don't spend all day facing North-South anyway.

They know how to regulate their body temperatures, so I'm sure if it's cold they will be more likely to turn side-on to the sun, and if it's hot they might face head-on or tail-on. Or shelter under a tree or something! I know that when it is stormy or very cold, the cows where I live go down into the valleys.

8. Yorda Registered Senior Member

animals have no intellect to understand the reasons, but they feel the quieting radiations coming from the north and vitalizing currents from the south. instinctively they feel it's best for the circulation of their current of life when they build their nests in a north to south direction and when they sleep this way.

the north side of trees are often covered with moss, so trees also have their face towards north. if you want to know more about the 4 winds and the 4 faces of god (zodiac), read ezekiel 1 in the bible.

a person who is seeking connection with God and praying should face north or east, but never south or west. In the north and in the east he can find forces that lead him towards spiritualization, whereas in the south and in the west he finds stimulation which leads his consciousness to identify itself with his sensual instincts.

animals are closer to god than humans because they haven't eaten the forbidden fruit.

9. buckybeam Registered Member

cows are outstanding in their field.

if they faced south it would be an udder disaster.

when they are lying down its ground beef.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  10. buckybeam Registered Member

yeah that is amazing how trees manage to turn so that the moss is to the north. ive often wondered how they do that.

aaarrrrrgggghhhhhh

11. Myles Registered Senior Member

Sorry to disagree with you but I have just been out in the fields and am convinced that the cows are aligning themselves with ley lines. I have verified this with an approved meter.

12. buckybeam Registered Member

ley lines hehe

maybe cows built stone henge

13. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2008/08/26/cows-can-feel-the-pull-of-magnetic-north/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...point-north-thanks-to-in-built-compasses.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7575459.stm

It seems more study must be done, but there is some foundation for the idea and there are other animals can detect and use magnetic fields, so perhaps we should not make fun of the idea or the one who brought it to our attention, just yet in any case.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Maybe it has to do with how the grass grows. If it tends to point slightly southwards (most sun) the cows might get a better grip on it with their tongues.. just a thought.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hmm never mind, that was stupid. Grass doesn't align with magnetic north..

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It does if you're woo woo enough to ignore the instances where it doesn't...

17. DeepThought Banned Banned

Not all humans appear to have eaten the forbidden fruit.

18. buckybeam Registered Member

i think that it is generally thought that animals do detect magnetic feilds. studies have proven that at least some animals detect magnetic fields. question is how. scientists have been finding hematite in structures within animals. it is suggested that this maybe the organ they are looking for. im not aware of what further testing may have proved.

19. buckybeam Registered Member

thats the original sin concept. adam sinned for all of us, it cant be escaped

sorry i had to

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Can't be escaped?
    How about: that's just a story...

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Didn't Jesus erase the original sin ?

22. buckybeam Registered Member

yep

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Then it's been escaped...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.