Creation questions

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Feb 8, 2015.

1. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

If you knew ahead of time that no one would take your sources seriously, why did you even bother to make the claim?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Ask yourself these questions "was I talking to you"? by the way have I ever spoken to you before? do I know you? actually who are you? don't respond if you don't realised these are rhetorical statements.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Yes - you posted in a public forum

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

So is it your claim that "Megaladons"[sic] are currently biting large ships in half?

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Well yeah.
    And do you why Bells would dismiss it as bollocks?
    Because it IS bollocks.
    The Discovery Channel has all but admitted that the most of its Shark Week "documentaries" were somewhat less than entirely factual, and, in particular, the Megalodon episode stated at the beginning and ending indicating that it [wa]s fictional.

Using a fictional TV programme as "evidence" isn't according ANYONE respect.

It's a public forum - anyone can read read and reply to any post.

It makes you either a liar or seriously deluded (and less than rationally critical) - you pick which.

Those watching the “documentary,” however, were not burdened with such inconvenient truths. Instead, Discovery hired actors to play marine biologists on a hunt for the megalodon around the coast of South Africa. Their expedition is mounted following the release of (faked) footage showing a fishing vessel taken down by a massive sea-dwelling predator (nicknamed “submarine”).

Jason.Marshall likes this.
  9. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Its my opinion I am entitled to it I never once said you have to believe me I don't enjoy arguing about beliefs like I said its my belief I have not as yet confirmed my suspions its not rocket science I feel am talking to children.

10. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Well am happy to be deluded whats your point, did I ever once tell you to belief me or did I once tell you to take my opinions as fact?

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

You certainly are entitled to whatever opinion you want to espouse.

I just wanted to verify that you are claiming that "Megaladons" (I assume that's a typo and you meant Megalodons) are biting ships in half, and that you are basing that on a fictional TV show that depicted a Megalodon biting a ship in half.

(If that's the case, whatever you do, do NOT watch the movie Jurassic Park!)

12. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

See there you go you are an intelligent one it seems and am not being sarcastic I read your posts.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

There are, at the very least, TWO points.
    1) There is NO evidence for your claim.
    2) Your claimed source is SELF-ADMITTED FICTION.

Essentially you are therefore claiming to be - and claiming the "right" to continue being - a gullible oik.

14. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Then I am as well happy to be gullible again whats your point its my lif not yours
    So again I am happy to be gullible again whats your point? its my life not yours unless my beliefs have a physical affect on you does it?

15. Bells Staff Member

Which was fake.

Which begs the question.. Why did you make such a claim about something that was clearly fake and had been outed by all and sundry as being fake, and you tried to pass it off as fact?

Megalodons are extinct creatures. Discovery was outed as simply faking it during shark week. There is no evidence that they exist and certainly no evidence that they are snapping solid steel ships in half. And you have admitted that you made a claim that you knew would be seen as "bollocks".

The issue is not that you watched it, but that you tried to use it in this thread about creationism, in response to questions which alluded to whether dinosaurs and humans coexisted.

It was dishonest. Hence why I asked you to provide evidence of your claims or admit you were being dishonest.

I am going to give you a piece of advice Jason.Marshall. Being gullible is not an excuse that you can claim at present. You admitted you knew everyone here would see it as bollocks and that you had no evidence to support your claims, despite saying that such evidence exists, just as you knew there was no evidence that they were snapping solid steel ships in half. This may be the religion forum, but that does not mean that you can spout stupid stuff like this and pass it off as fact and then retreat to personal belief when challenged. It does not work that way. Especially when you are trying to mix science and religion together to form the bastard child you gave birth to in this thread.

You have told us where you got it from, so I won't ban you. But next time you try and pull a stunt like this, I won't give you as many chances as you received this time. In fact, next time it will be zero chance and zero tolerance. If you are going to make such ridiculous claims that you know to be false, like that of humans are coexisting with prehistoric creatures and that they are snapping ships in half in the present, then you had damn be able to support it or you will be immediately moderated.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It has an effect when you post bollocks and lies.
    This is a science forum, not a platform for deluded nutcases to air their entirely unsupported drivel.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh for Eris' sake, just kill him now.

18. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Yes your highness but again you do not have all the answers, all you have is beliefs just as I do when you have explored 100 percent of the oceans yourself then I will begin to take your beliefs serious because until then your naysayer attitude is just as much a belief as my lack of evidence which I claim to believe for personal reasons and I have ever right just as you do.

19. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

lol...I still have much love for you, and still believe you are a kind and gentle soul.

20. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

I assumed scientist know better if you think my beliefs are lies then don't believe them aren't you not the expert?

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Jason.Marshall - either provide evidence to back your claims or retract them. It is as simple as that. It has nothing to do with the sub-forum you are in, but rather is a basic rule of this forum:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/sciforums-site-rules.142880/

Additionally:

So... this is, quite simply, a case of put up or shut up

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Your beliefs are UNSUPPORTED.
    Your claimed evidence does not exist.
    You belief is predicated on nothing (except, possibly, ignorance).

One doesn't need to be an expert - that which is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Can't believe I am doing this, but in his defense, he did post evidence to back them up - his belief that a fictional show about Megalodons was real. Foolish? Certainly - but not the same as refusing to post evidence.