Crop Circles: A Scientific Research

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by TruthSeeker, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Common sense.

Billions of planets and we're the only one with intellegent life? Highly doubtful. Billions of planets with intellegent life and we're the most advanced technology wise? Highly doubtful.

- N

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

1. publicity seeker
    2. yes
    3. all over england
    4 there is no significance
    5. no
    6. no
    7. my grandmother gets bored

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Reminds me of a movie.... Twister....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Indeeeed.... :m:

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Not really. There have been crop circles all over the planet. The curious thing is that they began the same time the supposed UFO sightings increased their occurrance- 50s. Then came airplanes, and they became even more common. It is a very interesting "coincidence".....

Also, a weird thing that happened... during the cold war, some UFOs discharged beams over nuclear weapons, and when they were checked out, they weren't working anymore. Curiously enough, people who have supposedly witnessed crop circles said that the UFOs were writting on the crops with a beam of light. "Coincidence"......?

9. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

There seemed to be a lot more crop circles in the US after the movie Signs(M Night Shyamalan) was released.

Also a coincidence.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Crop circles are pretty easy to fake. What I want to know is how cropcircle-like formations can appear on undisturbed beach sand or thin lake ice without signs of man nearby. Such cases are rare, but they have been documented. I don't think its little green men, but I am at a loss to explain it.

11. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

yeah check this site
    www.bltresearch.com

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's a good site. But we need something even better...

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

You might want to check out this interview with top crop circle researcher Colin Andrews: http://rense.com/general27/cia.htm

Theres a much longer interview on the same subject on DVD, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment - I rented it at Blockbusters.

15. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I saw a documentary once where a team of MIT students recreated a crop circle, even down to the microscopic crop damage and tiny metal spheres. They used a device they dubbed "The Flammenschmiesser" for the last effect. It was a kind of flamethrower that also used iron filings. An odd effect of this caused the filming crews cameras and helo to lose power for a few seconds.

16. RickyH Valued Senior Member

17. RickyH Valued Senior Member

i did not notice that spuriousmonkey had posted that site but lol shows you how they make them....

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

19. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

Crop circles are very interesting if one does a significant amount of real research. I did not expect that at all. For the most part, crop circles are still a mystery.

Based on books and articles I've read, there are supposedly two different classes of crop circles:

- crop circles that are hoaxes (made by what are known as Circle Fakers -- people who create the circles with boards and rope)
    - and crop circles that are genuine (made by what are known as Circle Makers -- don't know who or what they are)

There are many differences between those two kinds of crop circles, but the most obvious difference is quality and mathematical precision.

The faked circles are much less precise and the stalks are usually snapped at the bottom. They can take hours to produce.

Genuine crop circles are perfect, laser sharp. Edges of patterns often cut down to only one stalk, which clearly couldn't be done with boards and rope. Analyses of the circles indicate a presence of intense heat and radiation.

Other evidence suggests that genuine crop circles are created in seconds, not hours. I remember reading about one documented case at Stone Henge where a group of tourists were visiting. They had seen the whole area, and looking back another minute, a whole friggin' crop circle had materialized right before them. Let me see if I can find it. Yeah, here it is: Bam!

Also, some crop circles are created in areas where the stalks are so thick and sturdy that it would be nearly impossible to trample with boards.

The vast majority of crop circles are genuine -- there are so many of them. I've read that more than half of all crop circles in the world are found in Great Britain.

Crop circles are in no way satisfactorily explained. Which is unsettling considering the magnitude of the phenomenon.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The show I watched talked a lot about the precision...

Thanks for the evidence apendrapew... :m:

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

" A genuine film footage okayed by experts showing a crop circle being formed by two interacting luminescent light balls can now be seen on any of the major crop circle documentaries. In the footage, the circle took precisely 3 seconds to form. "
    I would like to see that

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm not convinced by the website, but it is a good start...

23. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

I think I have seen that one. I have also seen an interview with the guy explaining how he created the hoax.

Saw it on 'Is it Real - Crop Circles.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.