Dalai Lama

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by KungFuKenobi, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Exactly! Even if he did realize truth he could only guide you to it We do not know if he is right or not we must realize it within ourselves.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Wow, never thought of this. But we also must take in to account the thousands of other religions, beliefs, cults, etc, that claim they only lead you to it. So in the end, it's all where you get... So the Dalai Lama could still be wrong. They could all be wrong. Maybe I will realize truth and lead others to it... Or maybe I'll only find a truth that works for me and the only others that will find it are the others that it works for as well...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Not how I would have worded it...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But pretty much

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

So all Dalai Lama was was someone who was really in touch with HIMSELF, not with the truth...

8. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

No. I said he might know the truth might not. If he knows the truth then i am sure he could guide you to it. Wheter we realize he understands is the question. But with out realizing the truth how can we know?

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

But if he is not right? Which is more likely by statistic. Then he would only be someone who was in touch with himself. And the only people he could lead to the "truth" are people who that "truth" would work for.

10. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Granted if it was an objectionable "truth" then sure. But It is also possible that he may comprehend the ultimate truth.

11. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Possible but less likely.

What I would see more likely is that his message is to first get in touch with yourself, forget the truth. Once you have become in touch with youself (which will be a different path for every person) the truth will become aparant.

12. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Interesting but what does it mean to be truley in touch with oneself? Is that not just as illusive as truth?

13. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I'm not claiming to be in touch with yourself IS the truth. I'm wondering if to be in touch with yourself is to be in the right place to perceive the truth..... ?

14. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Well most likley since then you would be strong enough to accept it.

15. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Or passive enough.

16. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Or beyond both.

17. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

You get it in this thread, why not in the fear thread!? lol

18. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Ahhhrgh!!! I do but you don't get that I get it. We are just explaing it differntly.

19. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Trust me, either you don't get it or I don't get it. There is no way we both get it, we are claiming the oposites.... But lets leave this debate in the fear thread.