Dasha Avatar

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by airavata, Jun 5, 2004.

1. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

An interesting feature of the ten incarnations of Vishnu is that the incarnations seem to evolve and grow more sophisticated each time. From Matsya as a common fish to Parasurama, the greatest Brahmin warrior ever, there appears to be a definite progression and evolution.

This really is quite remarkable keeping in view the broader context of growth rom lower to higher organisms.
    Interestingly, the only avatar yet to occur is Kalki.
    That is if you believe in it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hathor Banned Banned

i wonder if kalki will look as cute as buffy

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Man bringing this kalpa to an end - cute?
    Not likely.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

and i wonder if Kalki will be like neo (of Matrix -I and only I! rest us crap!)...

just a thought!...(He will be an average Kid like Neo was potrayed...)
    (He could join Rev like Neo did in the movie...)

bye!

8. kmguru Staff Member

Kalki signifies destruction. So, we evolve to destroy ourselves. Assuming we are now at Buddha Avatar (The age of Information), the time period between Fish Avatar (the beginning of life on this planet) and today is say 3 Billion years. Then for Kalki to happen...you could guess when....

On the other hand if the time period is reverse exponential and the time period between Krishna Avatar (Agrarian age) and today is only 3000 years, then Kalki can happen in the next 1000 years.

Which puts us the end of the world between 2100 and 3000 AD.

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

Just take a look at the age of Adam's bridge :1,750,000 yrs old.In all possibilities,this was Rama's bridge which he created.So say he was 30 yrs of age then,(assume) which wont a difference anyways,we are talking about 1748000 B.C approximately as the real age of Rama Empire.
    Now say if life started 3 million years back.And there were Nine Avatars,so,approximately you have 333,333333.3 years for each avatar.So 1st Avatar was from 3 Billion B.C to 2,666,666,667 B.C.Now 2nd avatar was from : 2,666.666.667 to 2,333,333,334 Billion B.C old ; 3rd Avatar was from 2,333,333,334 B.C to 2,000,000,001 B.C,4th Avatar was from 2,000,000,001 to 1,666,666,668 B.C.;5th avatar from 1,666,666,668 B.C to 1,333,333,335 B.C;6th Avatar from 1,333,333,335 B.C to 1,000,000,002 B.C;7th Avatar from 1,000,000,002 B.C. to 666,666,669 B.C. ;8th Avatar was from 666,666,669 B.C. to 333,333,336 B.C and 9th Avatar from 333,333,336 B.C. to 2 B.C.(recently!) and tenth avatar can come upto what 333,333,333 A.D approximately so we have lots of time left.But these calculations are only valid if there was not time lag between those periods PLUS Each period was equal which is highly unlikely.

But since the Rama's bridge was found to be 1,750,000 B.C. there fore we can say that since 1,750,000 years have passed from 333,333,333 years and there was another avatar in between this period which was Krishna's avatar BTW,so our assumption was wrong about time period of each avatar...krishna's avatar period started from say 1,738,000 B.C and ended in the ice ages...
    just some random thoughts...
    bye!

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

Sorry,i had assumed some wrong factors...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Km please clarify...
    as you mentioned
    i was thinking...
    • So,can if total is 4,232,000 years,that means in 4 billions year we can have 1000 Yug Cycles approximately,isnt it?
    • ...now if Rama's was 1,750,000 B.C of age,then and assuming that Treta yug ended at say 1,500,000 B.C.So you have 1,200,000 years of Dvapar Yug,that would mean what 300,000 B.C that was the end of Dvapar Yug,right?
    • That would mean approximately 432,000 years For KALI,so what we have is 132,000 years to go starting from 1 A.D.,therefore we have 130,000 years more to go after this...by which i would be dead at least...

bye!

11. Rick Valued Senior Member

Even more so,Take even more weird possibility to test accuracy of this,Sun is what? 5 Billion Years old?right?...

so now if say after 4 billion years,if 1000 Yug Cycles have ended,that would mean at the end of approximately 4 billion years another 1000 would end? so,we can safely assume that at the end where Sun Gets SuperNova,a Yug Cycle would end Approximately? isnt it?...
    just a thought...
    bye!

12. funmatrix Registered Member

You guys would simply love this book Journey to the source decoding matrix trilogy. The ancient evolution of the avatars and the age of universe is beautifully described. But the book is not about hindu religion, but about the scientific aspects of upanishads. http://www.matrixjourney.com

13. kmguru Staff Member

Ten Avatars do not seem to have any relationship with Yugas. The ten Avatar corresponds more like to the evolution of human specis. I think, the Yugas run separately because in Yugas it is not necessary to kill of the fish or lower level animals. So more like the Yugas could correspond to major ice ages. I have not done that research. Any one go for it....

14. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Kali Yuga was supposed to have started at the end of the Mahabharata right?

15. VitalOne Banned Banned

The Kali Yuga started after Krishna's death (2/18/-3102), right?

16. mannii Registered Member

Kalki

i really wonder if we will get to c/meet kalki as they say around 2012......i yet cant wait to c kalki.....

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

the ten avatars in discussion

are lila (or pastime) avatars - its important to remember that these incarnations are eternal,
    and when they wind up one set of pastimes in one particular universe they are appearing in another one - in other words its not appropriate to define them according to chronology

distinct again are yuga avatars (avatars that appear each yuga to establish dharma for the yuga)

then there is this interesting quote
    doesn't sound like kalki does it?

... anyway ....

perhaps they can be defined according to chronology, namely the degradation of human society
    as far as evolution of the living entity goes, the only scope for it in the vedas is the evolution of the soul as it finds its expression through one of the 4 800 000 species of life (according to their concomitant acts of piety and impiety) in the cycle of birth of death

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

19. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

Not 2012. You will have to wait another 427,000 years or so.

20. kmguru Staff Member

By then, the sun might go super nova...time to find a new planet to settle....

21. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

Sun won't go thatt way that soon.