Date Rape Drug Toy for Xmas

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Orleander, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, well of course not!!
    Everyone knows your kids are perfect. You're so lucky.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I never said that. But when I read some of the things you are saying I haven't witnessed it with my kids.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Would you trust them with this toy? Would you let them play with it and know they would not be tempted to give the colourful little beads a taste?

You're kidding right? How many people chew their pens? Finger nails? I'm sure they were taught to not put things in their mouths as well.

You are missing the point entirely. This toy is toxic and should not be on the market. And if you have them in your house, they should be disposed of immediately, regardless of whether your child is old enough to know better.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I wasn't really talking about this toy specifically. No if I bought it and heard about this I would take it back.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What a joke.

I think this will work out in favor of the toy company, with all this free publicity. Now I want to try it. It looks fun. How long before someone names their band The Aquadots!

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Sounds like the next teenybopper rock band.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That's not what I said. This discussion is about kids who put stuff in their mouths. I've never read about, heard of nor seen a bigger kid put innapropriate stuff in their mouths. All books I've read and all parents I've talked to say that kids only do that until they are around 3 years old. SOme may do for an extra year, who knows, but generally, that's when they completely lose interest in doing that and become aware that you are not supposed to put whatever in their mouths.

I mean... an 18 year old putting something in their mouths that they know might be toxic? Give me a break!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That's conpletely different. Those actions are nearly completely subconscious habits. Nobody on their right mind would eat beads. God! What do you think, that I will start eating screws now? Geeeezz...

No, you missed my point. No grown up kid would put a toy in their mouth. Whether it should be disposed of or not that's a completely different story.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Actually, I wish the trend would eventually move in that direction because it's ruining the environment and the health of the people in china.

What's funny is you wish for americans to have the manufacturing jobs and they suck big time. LMAO.

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I can just imagine a number of people opening up 'Toy Warehouses' to equal that of Crackdens, where the Toys are all boiled and cooked to get at their deadly toxin haul, just so someone can get a fix.

Of course a police raid would look kind of odd bagging up loads of 'Evidence' in the form of certain popular fad toys.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

are you serious!?

15. milkweed Valued Senior Member

I cant say whether the cat will have the same reaction to this product, but cats are notorious for being hypersensitive to many medications. I personally would not risk a chemical reaction via the cats system converting this product into something deadly to the cat.

16. sandy Banned Banned

I was serious as a heart attack. How much longer should we continue to import their cr@p? How many more people/pets have to die?

If THEY don't start some quality control they should be punished. Financially.

What if it was YOUR baby that was crushed by its playpen/high chair/car seat/whatever? How would YOU feel? ONE death is one too many.

17. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Now you must be joking. One death is one too many? People are dropping like flies for all kinds of mistakes that can be attributed to all types of faulty things that can be traced back and blamed on someone or many. Jesus Christ, sometimes seat belts become faulty.

You are being too ridiculous.

18. sandy Banned Banned

No. I'm being serious. This crap is PREVENTABLE. The Chinese involved in producing the cr@p are just too lazy/corrupt and don't care about quality control. It's all about money, greed etc with NO concern for our health/safety.

Would you feel the same way if it was YOUR pet or child killed by something Chinese?

19. peta9 Registered Senior Member

My point is you are exaggerating and not all products are unsafe, the majority of them are very safe.

Also people are dying because of many mistakes and negligence which don't always have anything to do with chinese products. It's unfortunate.

The positive thing is the heat the chinese government is receiving is pushing them to really crack down. So of course, I sympathize with those who have been hurt but it's not all chinese or all chinese companies. It seems you are demonizng all of them.

20. sandy Banned Banned

THIS particular thread is about Chinese cr@p. American cr@p has been flamed before too.

The ONLY way to make China behave is to boycott. They ignore warnings.

I have no use for ANY aspect of China. I'll do you all a favor and save my rant for another time.

21. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Those products are not chinese. LOL

You are ridiculous, you think they are infused with some 'chineseness'. They are inanimate objects and the designs are not chinese. LOL

22. sandy Banned Banned

The Chinese use short cuts to save time and money. They knowingly use poisonous ingredients and don't care. They get away with billions and get caught only a few times.

When they get caught, some guy commits suicide and the fury quiets for a while. Then they kill more of our people/animals, and the fury starts up again.

Why not just call for the Chinese to be responsible? To be decent business people with ETHICS?

You go ahead and consume/use Chinese cr@p. I'm not supporting their evil way of doing business.

23. peta9 Registered Senior Member

What evil way of doing business?????? You mean how american companies exploit sweatshops and don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't hit home???? You mean how as long as out of sight, out of mind it's okay???? As long as some unknown person out there in another country gets hurt it's okay??????????

Shut up please...