Date Rape Drug Toy for Xmas

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Orleander, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'm starting to see your side in all this.
    After it was found out that some of the toy companies had lead based paint on their items, people called for a boycott of those companies.

Why is is odd to call a boycott on Chinese made items? I'm starting to wonder what else is coming in 'under the radar'.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, maybe you need to start making your own products and paying decent wages.

There is going to be uproar and many ruffled feathers when reality sets in and their comfort zones rearranged. LMFAO

What goes around does come around after all. The effects of exploitation and unfairness have a way of showing itself, it's inevitable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think you mean 'we'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Of course. I don't think america would like to backstep and take on these hard, lowly manufacuring jobs. I also don't think they want to pay decent wages as that would hike the price of items.

The reason why the chinese cut corners is because of the demand for cheaper products. America pays them slave wages.

I'd like to see america produce thier own products and they will see where the root of their greed and unfairness really came from, themselves wanting to live the high life at others expense. LMAO

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Peta, you are very right. But those savings the Chinese are making are not going to their employees. Its going to the bosses.

slave labor

9. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

Wasn't there a news story a while back about children in China being kidnapped off the streets and forced into slave labor?

10. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it's horrible. But it's the same in the states. The sad thing is the products you buy at the store cost very little to produce because they use slave or near slave labor and they charge you at least three or more times the cost of the item and pocket the profit for themselves and make you think you are saving when in reality they are just exploiting further the bottom of the barrel. The unseen greedy monsters are making the money.

Everyone is being screwed through a tier.

11. sandy Banned Banned

If an American company knowingly killed its citizens and/or their pets, we damn well would boycott them too. And we'd close them down. That's the only way to send a message and get things done. Warnings don't work. Threats don't either.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyone who wants to buy Chinese cr@p does so at their own risk. Most Chinese stuff is garbage.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Well, I think your motives are unethical but it could work to be a positive force in outcome. The exploitation of workers and cutting corners needs to stop.

13. sandy Banned Banned

My motives are unethical? My motives are to keep people alive.

14. peta9 Registered Senior Member

You never once expressed concern anyone was being exploited or hurt except for "americans." You must be pretending as you can't be that obtuse.

As a matter of fact, for all your christianity you never, ever expressed concern at all that anyone else was being hurt except "americans." So according to your complaints, if the chinese were using slave labor or exploiting children or america was paying slave wages it would not matter to you at all unless your dear 'americans' were affected negatively.

You are a horrible person.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well.... aside from drugs, of course. LOL!!!!

So what? You think that all the kids and young adults willl go buy the toy so that they can get high on GHB?

*slowly leaves the room.....*

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That's exactly why I've hated her behaviour. Right on target.... :shrug:

17. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

You won't even eat at a Chinese restaurant or have Chinese take out?

Never eating Chinese food again would be the death of me.

18. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Chinese food in america is not chinese, it's american. I only eat gourmet chinese food, and it's awesome.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

OH! So the americans never done that, eh?

NO!!! NO WAY!!! And cancer don't exist either!!! It's a conspiracy!!!!

So... americans NEVER kill people or animals, right? NO! NO WAY!!!!

OH YEAH!!! The americans have TONS of business ethics!!! It's ethical to test drugs on soldier, in the Vietnam war! It's ethical to dump toxic waste from paper mills in the rivers!! It's ethical to dump toxical chemicals from oil refinaries in teh backyards of poor people who are dying from cancer!! It's ethical to kill people in Iraq to get more oil!!!! It's ethical to put drugs in the cows who produce the milk our children drink!!! It's ethical to give formula for free to poor african mothers, and when their milk dries out start charging for the formula, despite the fact that all the children will die because their mothers won't be able to afford!! It's ethical to pay foreigner slave wages!!! They are not humans, because they are not americans, RIGHT!?!? It's ethical to pay immigrants a lot less, because after all, they are not humans because they are not american, right!?!?!? It's ethical to fill our vegetables with pesticides, and fill our food supply with GMOs even though we have no idea what kind of effect those might have on our population!!!!!

MY HOLY GOD! AMERICAN BUSINESSESS ARE SUCH A BEACON OF ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR!!!!!!
    *american national anthem on background*

BOYCOTT AMERICA!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

20. P. BOOM! Registered Senior Member

Im eating some take-out right now. It's good, but I'm a little suspicious of the plastic dish it came in.

And concerning Chinese business practices, this wouldn't a problem if American companies were more willing to use American labor and materials, even if there is less profit in that.
    Maybe if the dollar keeps going down the Americans will be soon be the cheap labor! LOL

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  21. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

We have several authentic Chinese restaurants where I live. The chefs have access to all the spices and traditional vegetables that they require for the dishes. It doesn't have to be prepared in china to be chinese food.

22. Klippymitch Thinker Registered Senior Member

The Stress factor is way better in other countries. You don't have to worry about being shut down by huge fines by OSHA.

Guess how much a Grinder with rounded edges will get you? $7,000 citation.

I know OSHA is needed but they will fine you for anything accident or not.

23. Klippymitch Thinker Registered Senior Member

No duh.

The Chinese food here isn't actually Traditional Chinese food.