Dating Ramayan

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jun 9, 2007.

1. VitalOne Banned Banned

Edgar Cayce says " In the period, then - some hundred, some ninety-eight thousand years before the entry of Ram into India there lived in this land of Atlantis one Amilius, who had first NOTED that of the separations of the beings as inhabited that portion of the earth's sphere or plane of those peoples into male and female as separate entities, or individuals "

I can't find what date Cayce puts Amilius to have existed...but he said something about 200,000 light years ??? If Cayce puts Amilius's existence to be around 1 million years ago then the 880,000 year figure would match...

Kimpurusa-loka is something like the planet of the apes...

The SB Commentary states:
    "The Kimpuruṣas are so called because they resemble human beings and thus prompt the question kiḿ puruṣāḥ: "Are these human beings?" Actually, they are a race of monkeys who are almost like human beings"

So let's see what non-homo sapien species there are (dating is according to what modern evolution says):
    Homo cepranensis 800,000 years ago
    Homo antecessor 800,000-350,000 years ago
    Homo heidelbergensis 600,000-250,000 years ago
    Homo neanderthalensis 230,000–30,000 years ago
    Homo rhodesiensis 300,000–120,000 years ago

So assuming the Mahabharata is an accurate historical text, and they really observed an intelligent race of monkey-like beings, it had to be at least 200,000 years ago...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

My apologies.
    I obviously misunderstand the difference between philosophy and pseudoscience.

Atlantis? Planet of the Apes?
    :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You do realise this is the philosophy section? Philosophy is the use of reasoning regarding information.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yup, but some of the underlying assumptions here are... umm, debatable

False premises, false conclusions.
    How does it differ from pseudoscience? No requirement for verifiability?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats why they are exploring it? Assumptions can lead to clarification, yes?

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

They can, sometimes. But assuming (as kmguru seems to have done)
    that the evidence is a priori correct, and unquestioned, isn't what I learnt in my philosophy classes.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think you're assuming too much.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Possible.
    I'll keep an eye out.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its an Eastern style discussion, there are rules of politeness and openmindedness, and giving an ear to all ideas, without necessarily agreeing with any of them.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Ahhh. Forgive my Western, engineering-type lack of sensibilities.
    Switch is now flipped and I will follow with considerably more interest.
    Thank you for the lesson, Saiyyadati.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  14. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

But they could be some kind of monkey-ish. The references to the tail and the ability to jump are clear and numerous.

Intelligent beings, however.

15. kmguru Staff Member

Most Hindus (about a billion) believe Ramayan is a historical fact. Now, the point of this post is to figure out if it is possible that such activities took place and the degree of civilization at the time. Since Ramayan was dated using star charts that was written in to the epic, let us assume that there was such a civilization.

Then we can speculate how one is going to find a way to prove such items without depending on the western hemisphere people whose development came just recently who until recently lived in a flat world. Friedman even wrote a book on it

Would there be an archeological evidence that happened some 880,000 years ago? Would equipments be preserved for that long under ground or in caves. I think any metal would have been oxidized long ago.

With India's economic success, I am sure, Indian archeologists would be combing the area for such finds. As they dig for coal, buxite, iron ore, I hope, when they find strange stuff, they stop digging with those automated heavy machines and look closely. Otherwise, those items will be gone forever and we will never know the truth either way.

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well were just speculating right now...first we speculate...then gather evidence...then after all that's done it should be open to critical scrutiny...but right now we're just speculating...its just pure speculation and could all be BS

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yah, thanks. Sam put me right, I wasn't aware of the procedure.

I know it's all relative but do you class 2,000+ years as "recent" for flat world?

18. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

According to scientific data, agriculture started in the Middle East about 12.000 years ago.

And humans in Mesoamerica started the foundation on organized religion about 6.000 years ago

19. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

On the other hand, 23 to 5 million years before the present (Miocene epoch) is uncertain, but it was a planet of the apes!!
    During the Miocene epoch, as many as 100 species of apes roamed throughout the Old World. New fossils suggest that the ones that gave rise to living great apes and humans evolved not in Africa but Eurasia.

Is just confusing, I don´t think we are going to get anywere

20. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well if they had tails then it makes no sense at all from an evolutionary stand-point...not even chimpanzees nor Gorillas have tails...although what does make sense is their jumping ability...with a tail you'd have a greater balance and greater agility...

21. kmguru Staff Member

You are very correct. That is why, they disappeared. Survival of the fittest. Sometimes nature produces creatures that may make sense at the time, but as planet evolves, some just could not make it....the same thing could happen if the glaciers all melt...we will kill each other to eat. Yuk!!

22. kmguru Staff Member

You are still not getting it. If you are an engineer, you know what Systems Dynamics is. If not, get the text book that is taught at MIT called "Business Dynamics" (John D. Sherman) - then you will have a better understanding of the methodology and processes we use here.

Another three books I recommend are:

A New kind of Science - Stephen Wolfram
    On Intelligence - Jeff Hawkings
    The Singularity is near - Ray Kurzweil

Then, a smart person like you, will really be in the grove.:m:

[I use the ultra latest model of human knowledge to do datamining of anceint Indian thoughts. I do not like to blow my own horn, but trust me, I do have the education and experience to match]