Dave ... did I break something?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Tiassa, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Umm ... I can't figure out where the auto-parse has gone wrong on a somewhat long post in the Why do Catholics always get the blame ... topic in the Philosophy/Religion forum.

I'm left wondering about two possibilities:

1) The length of the post
    2) The length of the URL's posted

Is there a maximum post-length that I've managed to avoid hitting until tonight? I seriously don't think this is my longest post. Or ...

Is there a maximum length of the URL in the auto-parse?

But I tried editing the post re-pasting the URLs, both from SimpleText and also from the IE address line, but this apparently has the effect of making things worse.

After quitting and re-launching the browser, I did notice that the usual Microsoft logo didn't pop up before the window opened, which suggests a number of things about the state of my browser or my OS (9.1, and updated as far as I can tell (the only thing waiting for me to update is the 4.2 meg DiscBurner, which I don't use anyway, so ...) The next logical thing (imho) to do was check using a different browser on a different platform (there's ... five, I think, computers around the house). The PC didn't have the horizontal scrolling effect that the iMac experienced, but I'm officially confused.

At any rate, please don't let me imagine you're not busy .... I'll just revise the post around the problem entirely. (Well, not right away; on the off-chance you happen to be checking in on your site this evening, it's worth letting you see.)

So, generally ... if you have a minute, I'd love a bit of advice.

thanx much,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Strange indeed. This definitely looks like a bug in the software. The URL autoparse looks to be deeply troubled (but then, those are distinctly strange URLs). And no, there are no limits on message length.

I've fixed your URLs by refactoring them as {A HREF}s.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Dave, silly me ...

And here I forgot to say, "Thank you ...."

thanx, indeed,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.