Daydreaming

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Feb 17, 2003.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

DAY DREAMING

What do sciforumers fantasize about?

1) Describe some of your day dreams.
    2) Describe you’re your fantasies at night.
    3) Social
    4) Sexual
    5) Financial/Future
    6) Adventure
    7) Reminiscence/Past
    8) Psychotic/Vengeance/Obsession
    9) Is there anything you dwell on?
    10) Link to Personality

Last edited: Mar 2, 2003
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord_Tigersloth Registered Senior Member

Are you locked away for your own safety?!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I would put some interesting input, but no!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What the hell for?
    Do you find my curiosity threatening?

It's a harmless question that allows people the oppotunity for introspection and self expression.

Weather or not you want to express yourself is your option, Lord_Tigersloth.
    Your invalidation of me and this thread is pointless.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Because of the economy I have been working thousands of miles away from my home for a long time. I only get to see home on holidays. So that's what I dream about. My wife, my pets, my garden, my own bed and comfortable furniture and stereo, my car, my neighbors. And good home cooking.

The simplest things in life that we take for granted every day become the fondest dreams in the universe when they are taken away.

8. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

sounded like a harmless thread to me. so i will answer and not lecture....

being a redblooded male, i think you know what one of the answers is, so i shant go into detail.

sometimes i wonder what my life would be like if some random dramatic thing happened, usallly good things, like me droping out of school to play baseball, or something like that. sometimes bad things. like sudden injury. not that i wallow in sorrow, i just wonder how i would handle it.

or what my life may be like in 5years. I think about the future alot. too much actually, i will sometimes ignore the present. I'm better now, don't do it as much.

if i'm really bored, i play video games in my head. that way i always win

9. morsey Registered Senior Member

I day dream about the girl who I love and who doesnt love me back

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

morsey,
    Love is fascinating.
    Do you mind sharing the story and your fantasies?

spacemanspiff,
    What will your life be like in 5 years?
    As a red blooded male, I still wouldn't know the details, but it's ok.
    I'm more interested in what you think your future holds.

Fraggle Rocker,
    What do you do that makes you work far away because of the economy?

11. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Another experiment?

<b>What do sciforumers day dream about or fantasize about at night?</b>
    I dunno about <i>them</i>, but I can bet you it's nice and squeaky clean.

<b>Please give details about all of your fantasies.</b>
    Fantasize about a lot of things..
    - about having superpowers
    - about being a celebrity
    - about being a virtual unknown then elevated to top rockstardom
    - about some people, and the conversations we could have
    - about what would happen if I were the last person on Earth
    - about what I would get if I were locked in a mall for 24 hours and an unlimited credit card with no crowds at all
    - about being an orphan
    - about going back in time to look at things
    - about floating in space
    - about drifting in the ocean and feeling the actual undulations of the waves
    - about death, and funny ways someone could die
    - about microscopic organisms eating away at my flesh
    - about playing guitar really really well
    - about dying in some glorious battle where I am victorious but fall as my opponent dies because we've both been fatally injured by each other; usually it involves me nearly dying, then summoning a last surge of power to blow them to bits, but having expended that energy I collapse and my soul is taken away by an electric-blue wolf with glowing golden eyes....

12. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

the year, 2008. the place, some university in america.
    I am a newly hired prof. and i'm all nevous about getting all my research grants in, getting grad students, and meeting the other faculty.
    i'm betting i'll still be single. but i guess anything can happen. maybe i'll have 2 kids by then!

that's my best guess. but you never know. i might go more the teaching route and not do so much research. the big unknown is where. eastcoast? westcoast? i totally did not anticipate ending up where i am now(wisconsin) so i'm not even going to try and figure out where i end up. certainly this eary. but hopefully someplace warm.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Blue:
    That's good stuff.
    You're amazing.
    You have me exited.
    lol.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

But I sometime, when really bored, daydream about being invisible. And like Blu%, playing the guitar really well, having the power to play any tune at the snap of a finger!!

If I'm at college and really bored I imagine like a SWAT team is storming my class, kills off all the people I don't like and I get a gun and kill the pigeons on the window ledge

But most of the time, it's about my girlfriend, I really miss her when I'm not around her

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I wasn't assembling widgets.

I was an IT consultant in a rather arcane specialty. The bottom dropped out of the market after 9/11. Because of the uncertainty of how the U.S. and the rest of the world would ultimately react, companies have been slashing all expenses and staff that don't contribute directly to the next quarter's profit, and consumers have been deferring discretionary spending -- an economic death spiral. I was unemployed for months and finally had to give up on consulting and take a salaried position. For what I was making fifteen years ago and way off in the wrong state.

I appreciate your concern. But I'm lucky, I have a lot of friends who haven't seen a paycheck since 9/11.

Some Chinese folks must have really laid a curse on us. We are certainly living in some interesting times.

16. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

I fantasize about a new alloy found only in the poorest countries in the world. Then America becomes obsolete, and all Americans starve to death. This is my fantasy and dream.

17. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Awww...going so soon?

My friend can do that..and she started learning a week ago. *suppresses murderous rage* It's because she can recognize any note you can sing, play or tap out. She's got a perfect ear. I am very very annoyed, especially when she flaunts it at lunch because we sit near the music hall. Grrrr!!

Hey me too, only except of a SWAT team there is an evil mage warrior and me revealing myself somehow as a reincarnation of a warrior we fight to the death. (Continue with the other stuff about the wolf and the soul yadda yadda)

--- --- --- ---

I also fantasize about growing blood-red wings in a violent spasm of pain and ripped muscle and skin, then having to learn to use them like new limbs. I would be known worldwide as the Angel girl, and even the Pope would come to talk with me. Then, another winged one would emerge, except his wings would be pure black. Then the scientists would muse, "Is humanity evolving?" and study me and my angel buddy.

A few years later, the Apocalypse would arrive, and in an attempt to save people my friend and I would fly up against the Beast and fight; only to fail and plummet to the earth with our wings in ragged ruins.

18. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You forget the ensuing 'terrorist attack' on the site... and behold:
    americans have the alloy too! ROFL

19. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

Cool Skill....yoooooouuuuu crazay!

20. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

There are two girls that go to my school. I daydream about them all the time. Why? There not stupid, or stuckup.... just slightly out of my reach (not sarcastically, seriously).

They're both unique (all the other girls are basically stuck up or following the crowd), beautiful, intelligent..... One puts a smile on my face by just saying Hi. The other, a smile on my face by smiling at me with the grandest, most beautiful smile....

Ahhhh life sucks eh?

Tristan

21. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

I know I might regret it, but im going to wait untill im thiner. At 240 and 6ft I could stand to lose a few. When im thiner and more confindent, dont doubt that I would jump right in. And im on my way... im going to start playing hockey probably pretty soon.

Later
    T

22. Bridge Registered Senior Member

Nice thread

With the exception of the starving Americans comment, I enjoyed this thread. Fraggle and Blue especially.

Fraggle I hope things get better for you. Just before, during and for about a year after the first Gulf War, I was in the same boat you are in. It almost cost me my marriage but I was very blessed to land another job closer to home. I hope you can find something closer to home too, even if it means making some sacrifices. Believe me, it's worth it i the long run. Congrats on 25 years with your spouse....I'm coming up on 20 this July! It's been a great trip so far.

Oh and what do I daydream about?

I dream about cool misty nights after a warm summer's day, with a full moon and the crickets chirping.

My friend's and I out on a boat on Lake Michigan, catching huge trophy sized salmon and drinking beers.

Winning some insane amount of money and doing something good with some of it to the help the world be a better place---

then immediately going out and buying a Porsche Carrera with cash!

I infiltrate Sadman Insane's Baghdad palace and singlehandedly destroy his elite bodyguard unit, capturing the dictator and escaping without a trace, handing him over to the international tribunal to stand on charges of being a cruel, big moustached, troublemaker and overnight the world recognizes me for the genius that I am.

there's more but I digress too much.....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2003
  23. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No. Go for it right now.

If you were to take a poll of the people of my generation and ask them if they have a lot of regrets, and then ask them if there's a common theme behind them, do you know what they'd say? I do, because I hear them talking about it all the time. I'ts all the things they put off until they lost a little weight.

The biggest health problem in America is not obesity. The biggest health problem in America is the EMOTIONAL HEALTH problem of being OBSESSED with their weight. The billions of dollars they waste on wacky diets. The opportunities they give up because they're "too fat" to deserve them. The yo-yo diets where they spend eight months losing 30 pounds, and then they lose their focus and gain back 40 over the holiday season. The people they hurt because of their emotional mood swings based on the little number that shows in the window of their stupid bathroom scale in the morning. If I were king, I would make it illegal to manufacture or sell a scale for weighing human beings.

You say you're six feet tall and weigh 240, and you're in good enough physical condition to play HOCKEY? I guarantee that people don't look at you and say, "Hey, that guy ought to lose a few pounds." They say, "That's one tough dude. I wonder which sport he plays? I hope our school doesn't have to play against his team!"

I'm not going to tell you that there's no cause-and-effect relationship between people losing weight and feeling happy. There is. But this whole stupid damn corporate-and-TV-manipulated population has it backwards. People don't get happy because they've eaten a little less and lost weight. People stop making eating the center of their lives and start eating a little less without even thinking about it and start losing weight because they are HAPPY!

Do you see a lot of people out there who are hanging on to some diet by the skin of their teeth and losing one or two pounds a week who look HAPPY? Most of them look miserable. Their entire life revolves around counting calories and dreading what that stupid scale will tell them tomorrow morning because they had too much salt on their dinner.

They don't have the energy, the willpower, the self-respect, or the priority to go after anything else in this world except the goal of losing just a couple more pounds by the first day of summer.

You're way, way too young to start living like that. It is pure hell. Ask anybody. This is one of those cases where I'll play my trump card and say you should just listen to your elder. I know people who have been on diets for TWICE as long as you've been alive.

Nobody ever gets happy because they lose weight. They lose weight because they're happy.

I know we're now going to get angry testimonials from people who tried out the Doctor Kazoo Miracle Diet and lost 25 pounds and they feel great. And I'm going to tell them all the same thing. Log back in here one year from now and tell us two things: How much do you weigh now, and how happy are you?

Confidence comes from your heart, not your belly.