Death threats against Ted Rall?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Repo Man, May 21, 2004.

1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I don't know how many of you read Ted Rall's blog, but he really stirred up the nutjobs with this cartoon.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This resulted in mail like this:
    http://www.rall.com/rants.html

I think that cartoon is questionable, but it is only a cartoon!

What is wrong with these people? Does every psycho out there have a computer now? Is my country going completely insane?

On a personal note, does Canada have shortage of copy machine repairmen?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"What is wrong with these people?"
    Their reptilian brains are infected with the ancient contagion of war fever: They want bloody revenge, and they fervently worship their martyrs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jps Valued Senior Member

Ted Rall is fantastic. His cartoons are getting better and better as things get worse and worse.
    I don't think that cartoon is questionable. Somebody had to say it.
    I suppose its heroic in a sense that this guy gave up all that money to join the army, but if he was serious about doing good he could have done more of it by putting that money to good use.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Ted Rall is a spineless maggot who wears Ho Chi Minh underroos. May he rot in Hell.
    That Cartoon is HORRIBLE.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Crazy151drinker, thank you for your eloquent post. It really added to the discussion. But he can't rot in hell, because hell doesn't exist, and he isn't dead. And it takes a certain amount of courage to state your opinion when you know that there are pycho's with guns who will be enraged by an opinion contrary to their own. Would you have his work banned because you don't like it?

Jps, I think it is questionable because it puts words in his mouth (who has any idea what he thought of Arabs?), and because it is unnecessarily harsh. Speaking ill of the dead is taboo because they cannot defend themselves.

I do question the wisdom of voluntarily joining in on Bush's war. But some are taught from a young age to believe their leaders.

I guess it is a case where reading more might have saved his life.

Being a reviled artist can be a badge of honor. George Grosz was one of the first to be stripped of his citizenship and sentenced to death By Adolf Hitler. Fortunately, he had realized what was coming, and was already living here in the states.
    An example of his work titled Greed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!