Death With a Twist

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Tiassa, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

Via Associated Press:

Sheriff's officers are investigating the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in her Port Orchard, Washington-area, apartment and graphic photos posted online that purport to show the body. A sheriff's officer says the photos were posted before authorities learned of the death ....

.... The Kitsap Sun reports that Wilson says the photos appeared to have been posted anonymously on an image-sharing website just before 3 p.m. Tuesday — about a half-hour before the death was reported. The photos included text indicating law enforcement would know about the death once one of the woman's relatives found her body. Wilson says a relative did find and report the body. He refused to say exactly who that was.

While it is unclear what the following statement means at this time, Deputy Wilson also explained that his department is "unable to confirm whether those photographs are of this victim".

It occurs to me that as grim as this story already is, it can only get worse. The motive will be grim, and one can read into Wilson's statement the possibility of other victims at other locations. What's going on, and how many more bodies might there be? And while it is unfair to ask if I really want to know the answers—I do, because this is pretty spectacular for Port Orchard and Kitsap County, and comes on the heels of a bomb threat against a convention, a mass shooting in a high school, a bomb threat against a local community college, and a bomb detonation in a local high school—it starts to seem as if the Puget Sound region would probably appreciate a few months of mundane crime and morbidity. It's been a rough few weeks around here.

Then again, we ain't Chicago. I doubt that's any comfort to the dead, though.

Notes:

Associated Press. "Woman found dead in apartment; photos online". The News Tribune. November 4, 2014. TheNewsTribune.com. 5 November 2014. http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/11/04/3470236_kitsap-county-investigates-womans.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Chicago never changes. There will always be turf wars that kill innocents here as far forward as I can see, mostly it is just confined to the inner city so no one really does much about it because they keep targeting the wrong things to fix it. I don't know what those things are, as I'm not a criminologist.

But there is a lot of activity in the northwest US that is odd and out of character for the region. Maybe it's because more and more of the people who used to reside in the big cities and metros are coming there for the liberties, job growth and generally good environment that the northwest has been touting for many years now? Maybe that is the progression of a growing metropolis, the larger it gets the more unstable the rifts become and the more people that fall into the cracks.

There has been quite a few cases of serial killers caught all over the us in the last few months. I don't know what to make of it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

For a very long time, I had the impression that the Puget Sound area is 1 of the few most peaceful areas of the US.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I find cemeteries calm and relaxing with no violence.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!