Debunking Relativity #1

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Anti-stupidity, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Anti-stupidity Registered Member

Hello, first time being on this forum and am excited indeed

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. I bring you the most heinous of anti-main stream science that the dark web can offer, relativity deniers. I love relativity and it pains me every single time that I find one of these sites & four thoughts come to mind.

1. Burn it with fire.

Followed by

2. Maybe there is something of substance.

Then

3. Should I question what know.

Followed immediately by

4. HAAAAAAAAAA

But i'm wondering what you think of this site:
    https://debunkingrelativity.com, and don't be shy to not read through the thing as a whole; nobody aside from you and me are looking.

PS: how do you put in links.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Welcome.
    Relativity presents a scientific model and there is no reason to believe that one day there may be a better model however I could not see the site you linked has a better model.

A new model not only has to debunk the old model it needs to somehow do a better job...I think that's the way it works.
    Alex

DaveC426913 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

If there is something you find compelling from the site present it and it can be discussed.
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-stupidity Registered Member

Thanks! I look forward to this forum.

8. Confused2 Registered Senior Member

What I'm thinking of the site is that the author knows nothing of even 19th century physics let alone 20th century. Newtonian physics or whatever flavour he might be thinking of is hardly a hot topic for debate. As Alex suggests - pick on some point if you feel it is worth further discussion.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

On that site I clicked on the link "Can maths go against logic?"

Wont link it cause, well, that's pretty crank. lol is 1+1=2 merely an assumption, or, does 1+1 actually equal two?

My mind exploded sifting through the page.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That sounded kind of funny so I thought I would go to the site for a laugh. Unfortunately, there was no humor, just stupidity. Luckily I stopped reading prior to my mind exploding.

11. Anti-stupidity Registered Member

I do not know why this guy wants to say stuped a hundred times and expect it to be the next big swear. Also, I just looked at his profile and he is a medical doctor with no experience in physics at all. I may now regret ever posting this at all.

danshawen and Confused2 like this.
  12. danshawen Valued Senior Member

Absolute garbage.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The guy apparently needs to read up on mathematical axioms.

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There is an endless supply of bad non-science on the web. Why bother picking on any given one?

15. Anti-stupidity Registered Member

I'm going to raid his comment sections with so many dick picks now, it makes me so upset.

16. Anti-stupidity Registered Member

Although, I still feel pity for this guy and hope to do a video reply to his points. In the form of first addressing his points, then talking about what mainstream science thinks of it, then telling him my own opinions and then moving on to what questions he should address that I thought were missing from his theory or that he should explain. I'm actually excited and can't wait to start as I love to teach people about physics, even douche bags.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

That's not an appropriate way to respond. That would be how a 13 year old would react. Respond with reason, and if that fails, don't respond at all. Most cranks and woos have their heads encased in hardened concrete....rendering them impervious to logic. If you allow yourself to become angry over a little woo on the internet, you're going to spend all of your time angry....like The Hulk.....don't be The Hulk.

exchemist likes this.
  18. birch Valued Senior Member

Actually, hmm...I dont know as thats a really good question and not as silly as assumed. Does it always equal two or is it just assumed based on theory?

You can think logically all day long but it doesnt always mean it coincides with the natural world and its chaos. Quantum physics shows us how anti-logical or anti-anticipatory it can be.

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Maybe you're complaining about human thought...

Not about mathematics.

20. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Mathematics is in essence a highly developed quantitative form of logic, so it is impossible for mathematics to be illogical. And don't allow yourself to think that anything in quantum physics is illogical, because it is not. It may be counterintuitive, compared to our everyday experience, but that is something quite different - more like what you are calling "anti-anticipatory", which I take to mean "unexpected".

Quantum physics applies logic (mathematical logic) to observations of nature, some of which are - or were originally - surprising. As a result it makes predictions which are also sometimes surprising. But they are not illogical.

21. birch Valued Senior Member

I dont know emphatically that one and one equal two in all situations or contexts because what is one anyway really? It is a principle, concept or sticky note attached but actual substance is relative. How can we be sure its precise/exact every time besides the principle or theory of one? There probably does exist a relative element.

If i add you as one and then me equals two people but what have you really counted? Its exact in principle but relative in reality. People are different weights, shoe size, haircut, wear different clothing etc.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I don't know what exactly is your opinion here.
    Are you talking about experimental evidence?