Decreasing Male Libido

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by darksidZz, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

What about the Zoloft (Sertraline) your're taking?

Thats supposed to decrease the libido as well.

Conversely, its also alleged to cause 'ejaculatory delay', which might cause abnormal build up of sexual tension???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

darksidzz (12:43:40 pm): i am man
    darksidzz (12:43:47 pm): Vitex = reduced sex interest?!
    friend (12:43:54 pm): works?
    darksidzz (12:44:09 pm): Perhaps, thus far I've been experiencing more than this though
    darksidzz (12:44:37 pm): Like the past few days, I sleep and feel more rested when I awake. Also things feel different, like the bed felt much, much more comfortable and smooth.
    darksidzz (12:44:41 pm): I was like Humm
    darksidzz (12:44:48 pm): And I find my thoughts don't wander so much
    darksidzz (12:45:00 pm): And I actually am less interested in sex
    darksidzz (12:45:07 pm): Kinda creepy
    friend (12:45:08 pm): hmmm... interesting
    darksidzz (12:45:19 pm): It'll be another 2 weeks before I can say for sure

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

Hmmm. A good way to wage long-term warfare. Just cease any urge to procreate in the population of a country. Interesting. This herb cold be useful. Mwahahaha...

Seriously though I don't see why anyone would want to reduce urges. Perhaps it can be used on prisoners.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It's me checking in. So far I've been on Vitex for awhile now, it works alittle but should take a few more weeks to gain full strength.

I've noticed I'm more moody, angry, but this is possibly due to my home situation. I wake up not so tired, I am better able to be physically active, and the more important things are I've lessoned my sexual desire. Basically I see a girl, and before I would've thought "bang'r bang'r" I now think "a girl a girl". It's getting there but not quite. You see this is how it works, slow developments that turn into longer ones.

I have less sexual fantasy's right now, or they are less intense. For example this female in here, normally I'd think I wanna bang her, now I think "she's a female, how nice to have her company." Strange I know but ehh. There's a lack of will to get her, more of a mellow kinda feeling.

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

man, what if you start growing boobs?

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I've research this, it isn't a concern to me because Vitex doesn't contain any phytoestrogens, it's merely a herb that reacts with the glands of the body, so it shouldn't raise estrogen levels and make moobs.

10. billymunn Registered Member

Growing Man-Boobs

Well, yes and no. Bear in mind that all men make a certain amount of estrogen, but it's normally swamped out by all their testosterone; usually, the two duke it out, and in normal males, the testo wins.

I'll be straight with you; it's theoretically possible to sufficiently reduce your gonads' testosterone output to the point where the balance is tipped, and the estrogen could actually cause...unintended consequences. This happens to a lot of adolescent boys (about 40%, of which I was one), when they start making estrogen before they start making testosterone (in the normal course of puberty), and who get anything from a tiny bit of gynecomastia (my case) that resolves itself (mostly, in my case), to a greater amount that actually leaves something that to a few guys (by no means all) is a source of embarrassment.

Recommendation? Hey, I'm no doctor (don't even play one on TV), but I doubt an herb could lower your normal testo output that low. Don't change your program; just keep an eye out for any development of a grainy feeling behind your areolas or any new puffiness there. If you get either of those, discontinue your treatment if you care. Honestly, I've been more aware of the condition (gynecomastia) lately, and I'm amazed at how many men (young and old, over- and under-weight) actually do have anything from a little, to a lot of it. Honestly, no one even notices, and it takes a lot more than the tiny bit you'd have at that point to consititute anything that would attract anyone's attention...unless you're a body builder or something else where you routinely go bare-chested for show (Eew; please).

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

The program is proceeding smoothly. I have noticed a dramatic decrease in my sexual fantasy's, now I look at a girl and see empty nothingness. I pass by and think "she's cool, oh well" instead of "jump her, she's hot". I shall continue to follow this treatment and hope it shall invoke a rather unique response.

As for the testorone thing, I've decided to take Turmeric as well just in case. It's a powerful antioxidant and offers a way of increasing testerone naturally.

We'll see, but for now my fantasy's have dropped, though I still want to bang every girl I meet.

12. Wastin-TIME Registered Member

Also giving Vitex a try

All,

I have a very health libido. It turns my wife off! I figured I would search the internet and came across darksidZz posts. I hate being horny all of the time!! I waste more time thinking about sex. I wish to God I could focus this energy toward something more beneficial. I order some Vitex, this is my first day on it. I am taking 400mg three times a day (This is what is recommended on the bottle). I couple of weeks ago I saw a docter to see if I had ADD, I couldn't focus. I tried the medicine for two weeks to no avail. I hope this helps!!! I will keep posting!! Looking for a break through!!!!

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

You might want to check with your doctor if you have hyperthyroidism, the symptoms of which include a higher than average sex drive and extreme restlessness...which might be mistaken for ADD.

14. billymunn Registered Member

Yeah, Darky! How 'bout an update?

I have been taking liquid concentrate Vitex on and off for about two weeks now (have something else I'm working on which the Vitex may interfere with, so I've not been consistent with it), and I do seem to notice some effect. At the very least, I have been having some pretty...odd...dreams. And yes, at times I seem to just think and care less about sex.

Once this other thing I'm dabbling in is behind me, I will be more than glad to go at it (the chasteberry, I mean) more seriously. But even at this rate, I can see an effect, I believe.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Sounds like you married the wrong girl. Sexual compatibility is quite often overlooked. There's no way I'd stay with a girl that didn't have a sexual drive compatible with mine.
    And this might sound assholish but I don't care...if you're worried about the sex stopping after you get married, get a prenup.

16. Wastin-TIME Registered Member

Maybe maybe-not

All,

Been taking Vitex for a few days now. It seems to work pretty good for about three hours after you take it. My wife keeps making sure that I stay on Schedule. Problem is it's summer time, my wife has these hot shorts on walking around. I told her to wear hear winter pajamas at night. Anyway staying with it!!! Vitex seems to relax you more. Maybe a little less sex drive at this point. I'll keep you updated!!!

17. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Greetings male beings of SciForums

First let me say I wish to stay here as a member forever, so if I'm ever banned instantly post a poll asking for my return.

Secondly let me give you the results of my Vitex experiment thus far:

1. Dreams become more vivid and odd
    2. After awhile your sexual fantasy's will dissipate, you'll want to have sex but won't have the same intense emotions behind the desire.
    3. Occasionally you will find things that turned you on before are no longer exciting you, then you'll see them differently and think "it's boring".

So far I've been on Vitex for awhile, it seems to work as well as anything else. By controlling the libido we can see how women truly do have control and power over us, and if you catch a glimpse of how they effect your life then you'll want less of them! That's right.... women really offer you nothing except their smiles or bodies, but when you take away the desire to mate you'll find out who / how boring they really are. Talking about clothes, their life, problems they have, all awhile ignoring you.

So far I've been able to distance myself from Carolyn, a fine older female that will not put out for me cuz she's crazy.

Distance myself from thinking of girls when I have free-time. Trouble is it frees me to worry about other stuff, lol

You will find those girls you aren't attracted to but are still watching become shadows.

This is what I have had so far, in awhile longer I'll post more details (as they happen). My supply should last for awhile, it's 120 days of 400 MG tablets, 2 each day.

18. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Decrease this-" Yeeeepeeeeeekayi![SIZE][FONT]"

Mod note:

You have received an infraction for this post
    Further trolling will result in a temporary ban.

Please read the rules for posting in Biology and Genetics
    -Sam

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=64638

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  19. Aivar A.R. Registered Senior Member

umm... after a short period of hypersensitivity, weed lowers sex drive immensely as an aftereffect.:m: Just for the record...

20. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm updating you all on the current situation. I've been taking Vitex for awhile now and what it has done is seem to get me more buff. I noticed I seem more muscular and fit :shrug: sadly the effects I had hoped for (eliminating libido) are seeming a far off dream.

It certainly has lowered my sex drive, but considering how high is still is I must wonder as to the monks who tried it, did they perhaps get rid of those desires some other way?!

So we can safely say Vitex, as it stands, will sooth your sex drive but not eliminate it. For example, I still think of females but now mostly when seeing them, otherwise my mind is elsewhere (unlike pre-Vitex times when I thought about f**ing them all the time).

Good Luck fellow human males, we must hope science solves this riddle later in the future.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well that should only up your chances in finding a female right?

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Darkie, absolutely everybody gets laid in college. I went to Caltech, a student body comprised entirely of kids you would now call the geek's geeks. This was 45 years ago, before there was such a thing as the Sexual Revolution. And it was a school that did not yet admit women; the nearest all-girls school was 25 miles away. AND WE ALL GOT LAID!

If you want to solve your problem, go enroll in a university! Stop screwing up your metabolism with weird substances! And stop initiating these embarrassingly self-deprecating threads!

And the nice thing about going to college is: finally having a girlfriend isn't the only nice thing about going to college!

23. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

There are centuries tested (and free ways) to keep bastard down. The "tea" made out of willow's bark comes to my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.