Deep Underground Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by LIGHTBEING, Jun 3, 2002.

1. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

If anyone is interested in Hip Hop that challenges your intellect, check em out:

Alien Nation, Zulu Nation: featuring Phoenix Orion, SuperNatural(actually just left the group), Quantum Gama Z, Naptron, Dark Seid.... All of these Artist are Hot but if your gonna peep anyone, it would have to be Phoenix. He is on some futuristic, prophetic, Eloheem type shit and his flow is wicked. There is a 6 verse song that he made, "The Prophecy". He switches his voice up on every single verse. He talks about Revelations and how it already happened, breaks down the Devil in every culture, Talking about using a Time Machine to kill Judas hence Christianity wouldn't exist, Angels in heaven AKA Extraterrestrials. This is the Type of song that would have Jay-Z running home to his Mommy. They actual grew up in the same Projects- Marcy Projects. Here is a link to his new website www.sciphirecordings.com

A few other artist you might wanna check out:

Jedi Mind Tricks: Used to belong to the Holy Tabernacle Ministries but are now Muslim. There is this ill white dude Icon that is worth a listen. Can be violent at times(must be the Muslim in him

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

Lost Children of Babylon: Belong to the Holy Tabernacle Ministries. Talks about Egipt, Light, Pythagorean theorem, Extraterrestrials, Ancient Tablets. Here is a link

Again, Phoenix Orion takes the Gold.....no one is really on his level, mentally or lyrically.

Peace

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

I had a look dude. I like a lot. thanks!~

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Metatron Registered Senior Member

I love the underground I peep groups like Atmospher, Arsonists, Swollen Members, Blackalicious, Non Phixion etc, but the dudes your talking about is some deep underground im going to check em out because I havent heard them and let you know what i think. Its good to know heads still appreaciate the real and not all that boo boo played on the radio.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Nice.....I listen to Swollen Members and Non Phixion as well. Infact I got them in the car. They are pretty hot but they can't touch Alien Nation. Alien Nation is Immaculate!!!!

8. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Yeah....I can't stand that Radio HipHop. It's just boring to me....same old @#$!@#$. Also, if you haven't already...check out Killah Priest(Heavy Mental) and some Sunz of Man, Killa Army....These guys have been exposed a little more due to Wu-Tang but are still deep underground.

9. The Metatron Registered Senior Member

Love the Wu and the whole Shau Lin crew! Im going to be sure to check out that alien nation though this weekend though!

10. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

smooth!!! love atmosphere, um Its all sunshine.. nothin but sunhine... man its smooth. Yeah, so good to know people still feel the same things I feel in authentic hip hop. Love a bit of old skool NWA and cloud 9...
    Sucks tho hay, soon as they get a bit of pop recognitition the record companies get their pop music claws into them.... to find anything decent youve got to look. Though, mock me if you will, but Ive listened to a bit of eminem marshall mathers freestyles and its nice. Laruyn Hill will always have soul in her.

11. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Yeah Eminem is cool. I don't like him enough to buy his album, although whenever I listen to him, he cracks me up. Sometimes you need to hear those politically incorrect controversial ideas from eminem.....he would also burn most of these Mc's out today. He has original lyrics and his flow is wicked.

Anyone check out Alien Nation yet???

12. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Umm nope not yet... I downloaded some phoenix and Naptron... Phoenix is smooth, but Naptron sounds a bit sold out, no offence. But yeah, got some otehr stuff from your suggestion there rest is quite nice!... hehe got more atmosphere.. looooovvvveee atmosphere.. And blackalishess.... that fun

13. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

No offense taken.... we all have our own opinions. I think all the members in Alien Nation compliment each other in a way that no other group has. The production is just insane and the lyrics are on another level. Each one of there flows are rediculous!!!! Not to mention that they are one of the best freestylest around.

I gotta check out atmosphere...what are they all about?

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

<===============>
    <==Metal Totally Rulz =>
    <===============>
    <===============>
    <=Trance Totally Rulz =>
    <===============>

Muhahahaaaa, somebody had to say this, all of you- hiphopers.

15. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

is alien nation heavy metal?

16. Protozoa Registered Senior Member

wow, I thought I was the only underground hiphop fan on this page

I didnt read the entire thread but if they havent been mentioned yet

ANTICON

Buck 65
    Sole
    Slug
    Aesop Rock
    Dose One
    and so on...

Slug and Aesop arent from the Anticon collective, I know!

17. Protozoa Registered Senior Member

Atmosphere is actually comprised of a producer and an emcee. The emcee being Slug. its a bit on the poetical... Slug is off the hook. He made my favorite song of all time: Gods Bathroom Floor.

Also try Deep Puddle Dynamics (The greatest group of all time, in my humble opinion). Comprised of Sole, Slug, Dose One & Alias for great emcees on their own. But when their talents are combined they're touching divinity.

18. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

No, they are HipHop. Didn'y you say you listen to Phoenix? Well, he is in Alien Nation. www.sciphirecordings.com

Yeah Sole is pretty Hot. I have a couple of his songs. I think the one song is called "Can't exist outside the Bottle" ???? It's dope.

You should really check out Alien Nation. In my opinion they are Divine.

Peace

19. Protozoa Registered Senior Member

I have never come across anything that could beat Deep Puddle Dynamics... their chemistry is simply amazing and combined with the beats and their lyrics... wow. but I will check them out.

20. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

FYI

Alien Nation was formaly known as Celestial Squadran.

21. Cory Registered Senior Member

Man Phoenix is the truth. I posted a topic like this months ago and got no response. I had audio links that I will find. Phoenix kills. If you like sci-fi, William Gibson, & spirituality, even drum n bass, check him out. Naptron kills too. His alias is Metatron, that's why asked Metatron about his screen name thet one time

ALright here's some links. I have no idea if they still work...

http://www.sciphirecordings.com/audio/scifidelity.mp3

http://www.pureacidmixtapes.com/sound/ram/00-alienanation.ram

http://www.pureacidmixtapes.com/sound/ram/02-beneaththesurface.ram

http://www.pureacidmixtapes.com/sound/ram/02-celestialsquadron.ram

I'm at work and can't tell if they work.

Go to www.sciphirecordings.com there's soundclips there.

22. Protozoa Registered Senior Member

Phoenix and Alien Nation (if you had posted they were Celestial Squadron I would've known them) are cool. They arent Aesop Rock or Deep Puddle Dynamics but then again who is?

23. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

That's what I'm saying bro. Some people don't feel him as hard or don't feel him at all because he is on that next level. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Some people don't understand him. He drops so much knowlegde and skill in one line you some may need to press the rewind(Hey, did I just make a rap

)

Again Phoenix Orion takes the Gold!!!!!