Deliberately inducing a near death experience....

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Dennis Tate, May 1, 2021.

?

Using ketamine to reduce suicidal tendencies.. .would that be ethical?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe?????

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

... perhaps to decrease a patients suicidal tendencies.... would that be ethical?

In my opinion.... yes..... from what I have read the drug ketamine could well be used by some psychiatrists to give a suicidal patient a near death experience sort of trip and yes..........

based on the book Transformed By the Light by Dr. Melvin Morse that could actually work in a percentage of patients to greatly reduce their tendency to want to end their lives?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

If one ketamine trip could prevent a patient from attempting suicide again and again.....
    then there is no way that I could try to condemn the psychiatrist who would recommend that form of treatment????

This is above my Security Clearance Level as far as ethics are concerned.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1985-00010-001

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

If I don't have a Near Death Experience, am I less than human?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, your just more alive than near death, which is a little bit alive. That's when things start to go haywire in your brain from lack of oxygen. As we know this process takes about 9+ minutes and it is far from pleasant, as rumor would have you believe.
    When a full grown man begs for his mama, he is not experiencing enlightenment, but complete regression. That is not rumor, we all witnessed it, live on TV.

A little factoid on Ketamine. That stuff is the infamous date rape drug.
    https://drugfree.org/drugs/ketamine/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7vv1uLCo8AIVMQV9Ch3mMQKQEAAYASAAEgL0CfD_BwE

There is no drug more benign and therapeutic than MJ, and some Andreas Vollenweider.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, I'm less human unless I'm raped?

10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

No.........
    you could decide to repress memories of a near death experience for some reason that is your choice.

About eighty or so percent of people who flatline repress whatever it was that they may have viewed but a psychiatrist who can do hypnotic regression can often help them to recover those memories if they want them?

11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you for that detail.....
    I did not know that ketamine was a date rape drug!!!!!!!

12. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Helen Wambach Ph. D. found that about ninety percent of her volunteers could be hypnotized........
    and could be regressed in time into what they perceived as past lives.........

One part of her study was to take them to the time of their deaths in a past life and find out what caused their deaths.....
    and in her second book... she went into a lot of detail on
    what they reported as they died in a past life.........

... the correlation between her second book with NDE accounts astonished me.

She took her subjects back four millennia and her volunteers saw themselves all over the spectrum and yes...... most of her volunteers would likely have somehow seen themselves as a victim of rape in one or more of those past lives that she regressed them into.

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, you say rape as a process of evolution?

Write4U likes this.
  14. Bells Staff Member

It's still being tested. It is not approved for that use.

That's nice. But it is still being tested and studied as a possible alternative to treating depression.

Why does every single bloody thing have to involve near death experience for you?

Ketamine can induce sensation of a near death experience of sorts, but that in and of itself has nothing with treating suicidal tendencies.

For once, just once, try to leave the woo books out of it.

There is nothing to suggest that it would take just one dose or that it could do anything of the sort.

What they are suggesting is that Ketamine could be used as an intermediary, until the patient's anti-depressants kick in.. What they are studying is the dosage required to not make the person high and looking at how it could be delivered (such as with a nasal spray). Because anti-depressants can take several weeks before they become effective.

What?

What treatment options people decide to use is actually not really any of your business and it's not your place to condemn or not condemn.

Security clearance?

Huh?
    What does this have to do with this thread?

You have been warned about this rubbish multiple times now.

High doses of Ketamine can trigger that sensation, but that has absolutely nothing with with what your OP discussed in regards to using it as treatment for depression or suicidal tendencies.

It's as though you are trying to get around the numerous warnings you have received in regards to your stupid obsession with near death experiences to try to sneak it into other sub-forums.

exchemist likes this.
  15. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Thread closed.

Reason: Despite numerous warnings in regards to not posting woo in other sub-forums, Dennis has decided to attempt to bypass those warnings by starting a thread about inducing near death experiences, with a misleading OP about using ketamine to treat depression.. Not to mention inferring using ketamine to get high to treat suicidal thoughts.. Which can be dangerous.

Asexperia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.