Depression Services!!!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Asguard, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

where as i think, some people who comit suicide are just doing it has a cry for help. i honestly think that for some its better to be dead, weak people kill themselves, they dont have the conviction to see things through, and i dont see how worship and going to church (whatever your religion) can help, if your set on killing yourself and truly want it then nothing can stop you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Myles Registered Senior Member

So, if I enter a psychiatric institution and get patients to recite Inshirah, 5-6. they will no longer need medication or further human support ?

I don't know where you live but I would certainly be interested to know what help is available there for people who are severely depressed or suicidal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Myles Registered Senior Member

I cannot agree with your analysis. Some people use attempted suicide as a cry for help. So, why not help them >

People who commit suicide for real do so for a variety of reasons but I think it is glib to simply assert that they don't have the conviction to see things through. In my opinion it makes no more sense to thin of a depressive in this way than it does to argue, as some do, that others choose to be homosexual

Anyone truly interested in getting an insight into the mind of a depressive should read Professor Lewis Wolpert's book on Depression. Wolpert has suffered lifelong bouts of depression and he describes in detail what it feels like, includining wanting to comit suicide. Read this book and you will never again see depression in the same light.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truetrue Banned Banned

Any one should prepare the means necessary for his deeds, then he endeavors to fulfill them perfectly. He never believes that the means are itself adequate to meet his requirements and to fulfill his tasks. He does not give more consideration to the means than to the order of Allah, since it is obligatory for him to behave obediently in all cases of commands and prohibitions. As for the success of his deed and the appearance of the fruitful result of what he desired, this depends on the will and Decree of Allah. He alone is Able to do all things, whatever He wills will be and whatever He has not willed will not be. Many people attempt to do deeds but do not have success nor the opportunity to enjoy its fruitful results. Many people sow and plant, without the opportunity to enjoy eating from their harvest

8. Myles Registered Senior Member

That is very helpful for those who believe it

9. Bells Staff Member

Please be advised that Asguard has opened a thread discussing the "Attitudes to Depression". All comments in regards to depression should be placed there.

I repeat, this thread is only for posting contact details for services which deal with depression in countries around the world. It is not a vehicle for discussing depression and suicide. Please be advised that any further discussion on depression in this thread will be moved to Attitides to Depression.

Merci!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

This is a really good website on depression set up by st vincents hospital and the University of NSW in order to help people who dont want to (or cant) access mental health services

http://www.crufad.com/cru_index.html

11. ntgr Registered Senior Member

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Suicide can be the ultimate claim of power for an individual...and rarely - for groups.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I once helped a doctor who was a neighbor from committing suicide. He was a very talented surgeon and had a great deal of work but it just git to him because he sometimes would lose a person during the operation and he would take it personally. He did seek help and was already going to routine visits with a professional psychiatrist but one day I guess he just "snapped" and I found him crying in his garage. We started talking and he confided in me that he was ready to kill himself but after some time talking we figured it would be better off that he didn't do that. He continued his therapy and went on with his work and today is doing just fine.

Sometimes we all get into a state of mind where we don't see any way out except suicide but suicide is only the easy way out, working through your problems with someone or friends is a much better way to solve problems that seem to complex for ourselves to see the answers. We all need others from time to time and that's why we talk to each other in order to understand ourselves better. We just need to find the right person that will be the solution to our dilemmas and then things will turn out better than expected. Always seek out help until you find the right help that actually does help you.

15. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Hmmm... I've concluded, that too much time in front the TV/Computer leads to depression. Life is riddled with problems, which are magnified for entertainment purposes on the TV. Movies fill the mind with adventure that isn't real and thus life can become boring.

I like to sit back and look at photos of Earth from outer space... but at the same time, such things can leave one feeling alone in an infinitely massive universe. What the hell are we doing on this little sphere we call Earth anyway!? LOL I'll tell you what we're doing, we burning oil and trying to get ahead of the treadmill of debt, beyond that we're all wondering if there is a God in the sky and if he will follow through with rewards and justice, the smartest people are the comedians, life is bullshit, so laugh at it, then die. hahaha :bawl: LOL!

16. thecollage Registered Senior Member

Booze is available in most countries.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your event, Asguard. I really hope you're feeling better now?

Take care,

Geoff

18. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Personally, abundance of the "counceling services", shrinks, etc. makes me almost suicidal. It's a true sign of an imminent societal collapse. People don't have freaking ANYBODY but paid help to speak to. What a pathetic doomed society it's. BTW, staying away from internet helps with depression and suicidal thoughts

19. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

My experiences with mental health services have been varied, here in the US. I cannot afford the 'best money can buy'. I can only afford the free clinics or Income adjusted. I am a diagnosed Bipolar with some schizoid features. I am always hoping someone will start a research study into the effects of ECT as a treatment to Bipolar Disorder, so if anyone could suggest any research studies as well, I'd appreciate it.

As for suicidality, I am what is known as "parasuicidal". Suicide is my constant thought companion, it is the strength of this thought which pushes me closer to or further from ending my life. I take a variety of meds which have limited effect. But, that's just me and my experience.

20. oiram Registered Senior Member

Have a family member who is diagnosed with Major Depression with Psychotic features and a Borderline Personality Disorder. He has tried to kill himself many times (he wasn’t trying to seek attention), he was almost successful twice and is very lucky to be alive. This is a serious disorder and a huge strain on the family, nothing to joke about.

One attempt he took an entire bottle of aspirin (Which I want aware was so dangerous) and the ER doctors said they had never seen anyone survive that large of ingestion of aspirin before that the several last victims that had taken half the amount had all died. The other attempt that was serious was when someone told him if he was serious about killing himself he needed to cut his arms lengthwise up and down not over his wrists side to side, so he took a box cutter and cut his arms wide open resulting in massive stitching and a huge almost fatal loss of blood. He spent 4 years in a mental hospital.
    Today he has other serious issues and it’s just sad.

No real help for him as the mental health services lack proper funding everywhere in the world.

21. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

yeah right. people commit suicide BECAUSE they are selfish? idiot. that is no reason.

and thats just your perspective.

what is a thread about what to call if you're depressed doing in a human science forum anyway? stickied even?

22. Carico Registered Member

The best service the world has to offer is accepting Christ's forgiveness on the cross for everything you've ever done wrong. Then there's no; self-hate, darkness or guilt. And the best part of his cure, is that it never goes away. It lasts for eternity because no one can jump inside your heart and take away the love of God.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what a load of crap, god doesnt exist, the sooner you learn that the better off you will be. No sky fary gives a toss about you. You have to do it yourself, if a priest helps COUNCIL you for depression, fine but i am yet to see one with that level of mental health training. Try a clinical psycologist any day