'Designer baby' brings gift of life

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Adam, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neville Registered Senior Member

Yeah i saw this adam!!! i cant belive it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

how is this being allowed. the end i nigh...
    Prophecies Concerning the Last Days :

I heard somewhere about the end days being described as people having great freedom to move and there are descriptions of todays rising technology

Last edited: Dec 21, 2002
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Rejection of God's Word?

Um... which god's word is that? There are lots of different gods people believe in and they are all equally verifyable. Your god? If so, why him and not any of the dozens of others being worshipped as we speak?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neville Registered Senior Member

Some religions are based on mis-understandings and coincidence. Im talking about the real God who can be seen by any individual for themselves if they care to look and appears (so far) to be the God which Christianity refers to.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

He isnt "seen" by anyone currently living. He is presumed to exist due to heresay and circumstantial evidence.

Though I myself believe in some sort of supreme being I do not make any specifics. I believe in no holy book though I read several of them just as a study in philosophy.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I totally believe in "designer babies" making children that live healthier, longer and better lives then we do is a GOOD thing people! I also believe in gene therapy and cybernetic and feel all of this is humanities future and part of the evolutionary process.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Yeah...i guess it would allow evolutionary "shortcuts". I wholeheartely agree with it unless you use it to make yourself a master race. You also wouldnt want to become too specialized or you would be tempting extinction.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Ya the "Brave New World" or “GATACA” effects are problems. We can only engineering children for parents that can pay for it... what about the poor and the ethically stupid? That is were gene therapy comes in: if you don't want to fix your children then fix your self! But with that money still is a problem what to pay for Retroviruses, new oranges and cybernetic implants, heck not even a socialized medicine could fork out enough for everyone!