Development of the NT

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tiassa, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

http://www.ntcanon.org/

A well-developed site examining the development of the New Testament canon, you'll find fragments of documents, statistical data, and some correllations in here. I came across it looking for info on Eusebius and Irenaeus ... I find it quite remarkable.

There's nothing in there insofar as affirmations or condemnations of faith are concerned--at least, not that I've noticed. Largely, the site seems to be a condensed repository of information useful as a stepping stone when beginning research into the development of Chrisitanity. Available information pertaining to:

Ignatius of Antioch
    Polycarp of Smyrna
    Marcion
    Valentinus
    Justin Martyr
    Irenaeus of Lyons
    Clement of Alexandria
    Tertullian of Carthage
    Muratorian Canon
    Origen
    Eusebius of Caesarea
    codex Sinaiticus
    Athanasius of Alexandria
    Didymus the Blind
    Peshitta
    Vulgate

Anyway ... it's there if you want it.

As a reminder, you'll find no "complete" (insofar as they are) source texts here. Only commentary and data.

Really ... at present there's no issue to debate.

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

tiassa,

Looks like a good source of information. I can't fully determine if the organizer is biased towards any particular perspective. I guess it is really quite difficult to find a true indpendent on such matters.

I also find it interesting that he started his investigation at DeAnza College which is a 15 minute walk from my home.

Cris

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.