Did Haiti form a pact with the Devil?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Captain Kremmen, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You're right, Bells, this topic is about a dead pig .......so why are you talking about California and the USA?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mordea Registered Senior Member

Do you think that beliefs should not be open to criticism and ridicule?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The topic is about a dead pig .....and that's all we're permitted to talk about.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Answer the question Baron.

8. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

My point, cynicist (scepticist, RETARD)

You apparently didn't get my point. I was comparing the syncretism of some African nations and Black Caribbean nations to what's happening with Christians adopting pagan traditions... I bet you didn't even know about Catholicism having come from pagan traditions mixed with Christian doctrine, huh? Summarily, Catholicism is usually blended with pagan traditions amongst Africans and Black Caribbeans (but apparently you don't understand that!). On yoga, I was just alluding to this New Age Christian/Wiccan/Eastern Philosophy movement in America (as well as the UK). Am I saying yoga is from the Devil, no? I'm not some yelling envangelical, but do you know the exact origin of yoga?, no you don't. Do you know who Krishna, Brahma, Vishnu, and Buddha are? You probably don't... So shut the hell up...

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

You have to remember, Pat Robertson's an Evangelical protestant. They often think of Catholicism as "satanic". Especially since Catholicism as it's practised in Haiti is usually a syncretic, heterodox form.

Now, obviously, that kind of bigotry doesn't make sense. But Evangelicals rarely do.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Danny Glover is the left wing Pat Robertson, blaming the earthquake on us not doing more at Copenhagen:

Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?” His obscene opinion would be bigger news if Glover had – in the manner of others – idiotically blamed a less-fashionable deity.

What a moron.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

11. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

Being a protestant myself, we don't think of Catholicism as influenced by Satan or diabolical in any way, we just hold true to the facts, as it's known that during the High Middle Ages pagan elements and mysticism was adopted into the Catholic religion. (Some even call it white magic). For one, you can look at the similarities between paganism and Catholicism in the aspect of a great deal of emphasis on relics, symbols and things of the sort and the extensive use of sacred objects. We don't think Catholics aren't saved; they believe in Jesus Christ and the Resurrection of the Dead. We just look to facts to affirm that they adopted some things but over time various councils have done away with what is "obviously" pagan although now some crinkles of mysticism coming into the Church still remain

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Jesus. Does he think we're living in Pakistan or something? GET HIM OFF THE AIR. Any petitions around?

13. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

And as with the religous NUT JOB Glocver is a retard too. People that make statements like this should be slapped silly.

14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

You have to admit that it explains a lot. It's all so clear now...that Robertson is a jackass, I mean.

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Don't worry
    The US won't be left out.
    God's keeping a peach of a disaster in reserve for the USA.

See
    Scientists Warn Of Massive
    Tidal Wave From
    Canary Island Volcano

http://www.rense.com/general13/tidal.htm

Maybe you will have cause to regret overthrowing your British masters.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  16. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My vote is for Mt. St. Helens.

18. Bells Staff Member

No, you apparently did not understand that Vodou is not pagan. Do you even know what Vodou actually is? What their main central belief is? That there are different branches of Vodou? That the Vodou practiced in Haiti is different to that practiced in New Orleans, for example? Or in West or Central Africa?

Catholicism, just like your own religion, all encompass pagan elements.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So suck it up sunshine.

Hatian Vodou, for all intents and purposes, fits quite neatly into Christianity, not just Catholicism. Simply because one of the central beliefs of all Vodou is the belief in one God. Here is a basic introductory course in the religion. It was the most basic one that I could find for you. It gives you the bare bones of what it actually is.

Yes I do. Which just makes your original statement in this thread all the more ridiculous. Which seems to get worse with your second post:

And where do you think your own religion stemmed from?

19. Bells Staff Member

He's just as big of a nut job as Robertson is.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Are comments like that classified as "hate speech"?

Baron Max

21. Bells Staff Member

Still can't answer the question?

If you believe what I said constitute "hate speech", then I would suggest you report it as such.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think we should be allowed to criticize, ridicule, speak hatefully to/about, ridicule the person's skin color, ridicule the person's clothing, religion, girl friend's ugliness, ......

In short, I think nothing should be protected from any kind of verbal abuse regardless of color, race, national origin, religion, ....or anything else. We should also be free to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre, as well as yell "Bomb!" in a crowded subway.

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I can answer it, Bells, but I'm not going to do for "fear" of being ridiculed by you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I love your deflection of the "hate speech" comment. ...LOL! Are you also a believer in population diversity, Bells? ...LOL!

Baron Max